PDA

View Full Version : Orochi bugged?!

Greyft
02-21-2017, 06:03 PM
So when an Orochi does a charge attack (and I dont mean the one where he sits back holds his blade behind his back and then charges a long distance) and you try to Dodge it its like he is locked on to your charackter and the Dodge doenst break this connetion. Instead of doing the attack in a straight line and you dodging around him he "follows" you and still connects the attack.

In this Video you can see what I mean at 7:07

https://youtu.be/IU-EvylAaa0?t=7m7s

Oni-Nikuya
02-21-2017, 06:14 PM
I didn't watch the video but I see this behavior a lot since launch, characters that turn in mid air to hit you when you're dodging and such as well..not sure if it's meant to be that way or not but I didn't see it previous test that I remember

xW11nD
02-21-2017, 06:16 PM
I mean this is normal, thats just your regular Lighting Strike. All it does is that it tracks a bit.

Greyft
02-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Well but you can clearly see that the PK dodges right before he hits him. The Orochi turns midattack to the right and follows the PK... basically the dodge didnt do anything... Like Oni said.. I cant imagine that this is how its supposed to be...

Fibrillous
02-21-2017, 06:24 PM
i think orochi's forward dash light attack has follow behavior similar to many other characters' sprint attacks. I think it's a designed feature used so the orochi can chase fleeing opponents. I wonder if it wouild have followed if the peacekeeper dodged to the side, rather than back

Greyft
02-21-2017, 06:45 PM
It does... I play PK main and got furious over this s****... You dodge to the left and he just follows you and hits you.. every god damn time and you cant stop that from happening. What is Dodge good for if he just hits you anyways...

PackingMoney
02-21-2017, 06:47 PM
So when an Orochi does a charge attack (and I dont mean the one where he sits back holds his blade behind his back and then charges a long distance) and you try to Dodge it its like he is locked on to your charackter and the Dodge doenst break this connetion. Instead of doing the attack in a straight line and you dodging around him he "follows" you and still connects the attack.

In this Video you can see what I mean at 7:07

https://youtu.be/IU-EvylAaa0?t=7m7s

I cannot watch the video as I am in a game, but I think you are on about the top attack. For me it seems that in close range, the top attacks always lock onto me, no matter the character.

Greyft
02-21-2017, 06:51 PM
Well I play my PR mostly with dodging attacks not blocking them. So I ran into this problem... The Orochi can outplay me with this pretty easily. And if you dodge a regular attack of him and then use heavy followed by light to apply bleed his attack is faster... I guess I have to use block against Orochis?!

xW11nD
02-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Well I play my PR mostly with dodging attacks not blocking them. So I ran into this problem... The Orochi can outplay me with this pretty easily. And if you dodge a regular attack of him and then use heavy followed by light to apply bleed his attack is faster... I guess I have to use block against Orochis?!

I mean personally I find that attack easily to parry and so I punish him quite hard for it

Trenk2009
02-21-2017, 07:43 PM
This is not a bug. This as always been the case since first alpha: the Orochi's forward dash attack isn't dodgeable. Just block it or parry it.

Keep in mind that a good Orochi will tend to use this move a lot against other assasins cuz most of them don't seem to know about it.

Greyft
02-21-2017, 08:05 PM
Well you never stop learning I guess :D