PDA

View Full Version : Does gear even matter?

Tr1stesse
02-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Hi All,

So am wondering, is gear worth anything in For Honor? ( Dominion, others?)

Am sitting on 11k Steel and going to prestige 2, am planning to w8 and buy gear at prestige 4 wich give you legendary gear.

But am wondering if am actually gonna feel the difference? How big or small is the effect off gear ...

Am pretty sure there are allready a few prestige 3 (purple gear) ppl among us so am hoping to get some input from them.

CabalTrainee
02-22-2017, 11:45 AM
If you built for revenge.. Hell yes!
With full revenge gear you get revenge from 2 external blocks.

Since we are already here: do the visuals change with higher level gear? I only play duels and brawl and not sure if i need to wait for high reputation on the remaining chars to look dope.

Peligrad
02-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Gear matters a lot.

Sprint speed,revenge generation, revenge duration, attack during revenge, and stamina reduction stats in particular are extremely noticeable to the point of being game changing/ game breaking.

ThisHermitGuy
02-22-2017, 10:18 PM
From what i noticed on the knights side, they high rep you go the more variation of armor sets become available and fancier too.

Phantomebb
02-22-2017, 11:54 PM
Hi All,

So am wondering, is gear worth anything in For Honor? ( Dominion, others?)

Am sitting on 11k Steel and going to prestige 2, am planning to w8 and buy gear at prestige 4 wich give you legendary gear.

But am wondering if am actually gonna feel the difference? How big or small is the effect off gear ...

Am pretty sure there are allready a few prestige 3 (purple gear) ppl among us so am hoping to get some input from them.

Gear can add up to 20% damage 28% defense and really can help revenge. Is it noticeable? Yes. Is it important. Not really. Learning how the mechanics work is 95% of the game. Gear can help a little but strategy and skill is far more important.

GewaltSam
02-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Gear can add up to 20% damage 28% defense and really can help revenge. Is it noticeable? Yes. Is it important. Not really. Learning how the mechanics work is 95% of the game. Gear can help a little but strategy and skill is far more important.

This. I killed 107 gear score wardens while I had zero gs on a new hero I started a few hours before, simply because they can only drive through their one cookie cutter combo. They will look at you like you play an alien invader if you start to block their lights, parry their heavies and don't fall for their shoulder bash.

Gear score means your character is specialized; it doesn't mean the char is generally stronger. What sucks tho is that everybody goes for revenge builds, which is a clear sign in my book that this needs more balancing, to get more variety into builds.

Egotistic_Ez
02-27-2017, 12:43 AM
Gear score improves your character. Some people say it's a trade off so it's balanced, but they're overlooking the fact that most of the stats you trade out are **** or, worse, actually improve your character by their removal.

Obviously a good player can beat you with no GS, but a 108 gs is an instant win if you revenge parry someone, which you're guaranteed to have up even if you are being murdered because lol injury revenge stat.

GewaltSam
02-27-2017, 02:21 PM
After some more fighting high gear score guys, I have to say: The focus on revenge really sucks. I am not even complaining about getting beaten up; it's just so BORING! Getting hit until revenge plops, and then moshing about, that's no good or skilled strategy. So I feel that revenge stats on gear should be changed, in a way that there's not like 3 or 4 gear parts that cater revenge, and that it doesn't seem to be the only viable high level build. Also, revenge (especially in a game that has a focus on counters and defensive play) mustn't activate in a 1on1 after some few parries, especially if both players know their stuff.

spawn10459
02-27-2017, 03:44 PM
The only stat that matters is Revenge on block and damage taken. Thats it. once you cap this you'll be unstoppable in matches.