PDA

View Full Version : Why Ubisoft is a garbage developer

IxSpeczz
02-20-2017, 01:26 PM
First: fix your game before you release it. The matchmaking on for honor is maybe the most horrendous thing I've ever seen in my life. "Skill based matchmaking" is non-existent because just about everyone I've gone against in this broken game is god himself. Second: balance is nonexistent. Shield enemies are impossible to hit and every samurai in the game can exploit the stamina bar to no extent. Third: I've gotten disconnected from most of my dominion matches because of "network error." This is completely ******ed because it cancels out rewards and is just a waste of time. Also, stamina should be deducted when dashing because it's beyond abused with every character. That is pretty much it but all in all Ubisoft, get your **** together.

Immortal_Zeal
02-20-2017, 02:09 PM
You seem upset.

Cyricke
02-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Really makes you wonder what devs do during those years of development.

If I had years to get one project done at work. Come on man.

Obdach01
02-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Mate, I do not want to be picky, and most of the times I'm not, but Ubisoft is not a developer. If they ever were (I think they used to in the very few first years of their foundation), they have stopped developing games for ages. They are publishers who publish games from developers for a fee and for the right to talk into their developement.
The network error on the other hand is something that riddles Ubisoft, as the developers mostly do not put up the servers, but the publisher.
Still... after playing quite a few games published by Ubi (one of the worst being 'The Division'), I am positively surprised about the quality of this game. I actually do enjoy it without any complaints (save Orochi, who is simply one move kills all... until the moment you play him... then you know how to counter it and Orochi become the easiest to beat in the game).

CrusadingNoble
02-20-2017, 03:42 PM
First: fix your game before you release it. The matchmaking on for honor is maybe the most horrendous thing I've ever seen in my life. "Skill based matchmaking" is non-existent because just about everyone I've gone against in this broken game is god himself.

No mate you just suck and need to git gud. I should know, because I suck too. It can feel like everyone is unfairly better than you, but right now the game has a lot of alpha/beta guys who spent a lot of time learning and being proficient wtih the basics and the controller. If you just picked this up (like i did) and have zero fighting game experience (like me) it will be a steep learing curve and you should expect to get stomped. Give it a month or two and you should be at around 50% WR at least.

Second: balance is nonexistent. Shield enemies are impossible to hit
Yes they are. The only problem i have is warlord headbutt spam that can be dodged. The Conq is easy, he does no damage.

and every samurai in the game can exploit the stamina bar to no extent.
This doesn't even make any sense. The only hero wtih a bad tradeoff of stamina for damage is the lawbringer.

Third: I've gotten disconnected from most of my dominion matches because of "network error." This is completely ******ed because it cancels out rewards and is just a waste of time.
Sounds like a problem on your end. I've never been disconnected except around 00h when my ISP restarts the local switch.

Also, stamina should be deducted when dashing because it's beyond abused with every character. That is pretty much it but all in all Ubisoft, get your **** together.
When they dash you know you can hit them right? I like it when people prance around so I can slam a heavy attack into their face.

TL;DR: git gud

WildCommand2019
09-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Oh yeah so many git gud fanboys just admit the game is as you little ***s

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-16-2019, 09:24 PM
Necro

papa_joseph1
09-17-2019, 03:03 AM
Oh yeah, I can agree with one thing here, For Honor's match making is a joke, it's meaningless, broken and pulls premades into solo games.

It's the single biggest problem this game has, i rarely if ever have a "fair" fight anymore, either I get steamrolled, or i DO the steamrolling.

joe101180
09-17-2019, 07:25 AM
If you get beaten a lot does not mean the developer is Bad.......Try Super Smash Brawl (Nintendo Switch). Maybe that game is for you.

this game is for players who like to learn, study a lot to have fun with it

Ubi-P4in
09-17-2019, 08:51 AM
Thread closed. Please stop bumping old threads.