PDA

View Full Version : How to fix the game (Bulletpoint feedback for devs, from 120 lvls of play + Beta)

SerArthur-Dayne
02-20-2017, 12:14 PM
I'll start by briefly saying that I love a lot about this game, but there's currently a few things that are putting me off a little bit, some small issues, some just minor gripes. Just wanted to list what I would change after playing for over 120 levels. Feel free to disagree... This is only my opinion.

2-3-4 VS 1

After playing for quite a while, the best (or sometimes cheesiest) tactics are starting to shine through, and I think a few quality of life changes would go a long way. Currently, when fighting X-vs-1, the best tactic is for one player to just continously grab the solo player, while the rest just wail on him while he is stuck in the grab animation, even if he is successful in Counter GB'ing (GuardBreaking). Instead of playing out like a cool scene from a movie, it ends up with 4 players just stunlock-bashing one chap to death often just smashing their teammates in the back of the head with almost no reprocussions to do so. So id suggest the following....

Fix GB to how it was in the beta (I believe this change is incoming)
Implement a cooldown on Guardbreak when its more than a 1v1 fight. Maybe 4-5 seconds or so.
I THINK THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: Drastically increase friendly fire damage, AND each friendly hit could deduct a few score points from the match aswell. (Double/ maybe triple damage from FF

FF is the single biggest one they need right now because all Domination and 4v4 modes are ATM, is GB, throw, hit, GB, throw, hit, GB, throw... OR GB throw off cliff.... If your enemy is one of the only players in the entire game that can CGB, then its almost a turtle stalemate. When his/your teammate rock up, the META right now is nothing like the adds for the game, where one player stands off against three and skillfully parrys off attackers, whittling down enemies, and positioning himself to use his enemies number to his advantage.... NOPE...

...One player just GB's while the others just heavy attack, or finger-punch R1/R2 through eachother all within whispering distance of you, stunlocking you to death. 9 out of 10 fights turn into this, and there is no counter at all. im sure 10/10 fights will end up as this as people are learning quick.

Revenge mode

Remove the knockdown effect. (People should learn to parry instead, and by implementing Friendly Fire and fixing GB spam, this should even it out and make it more skill based)
Countering a GB in revenge mode should knockdown for a slightly extended amount of time & damage the enemy a fair bit.
The "Revenge mode" effects on the character look a bit cartoony, and I dont think they really fit the game all that much, just going supersayan every 20 seconds, glowing neon and on fire. Would have been cool if it was maybe just toned down a bit, OR possibly signified by a flaming weapon or something. Could get different flames by progressing a hero, idk.

Effects- Emotes-KIll moves

On the point of cartoony... The "effects" of the emotes look a bit... off... Some are kinda cool and tastefull like sunlight and maybe the cherry blossom, but does "darkness" have to make a "bazing" or "sha-doing" noise when its activated. And it also looks a bit howsitgoin.. sorry, it just looks a bit derpy and funny... Not really cool looking. I hope the game dosent have everyone running around with these in a few weeks.... Please god no... I can picture it now.. " ba-doing" "fa-dumph", "woo-pow" "pewwhOOp"... I think these sort of effects could have been far cooler if it looked like "Dark Souls 3" when embered or something.. A little more serious~ish.
Some Duellist bow gestures would be great to have for all heroes.
If copyright isnt an issue, you should add in a "praise the sun" emote!

Dedicated servers

How badly do we need them?
We need them badl... (Recovering network connection. Please wait......
...Make a cup of tea
...Thanksgiving
Session disconnected...

Random points

The Beta played a lot better. It felt much faster and more responsive, along with the GB changes too. Wouldnt mind backtracking and building on from that build...
After a match, when the 6 or so pop-up windows come up, sometimes you just want to button-joust A repeatedly to get past all of them and ready up for the next game. But one of the windows shows you a piece of gear you got, and pressing A will equip it. Please change it to a different button or maybe remove it, as ive had so many games where ive changed out a piece of gear I wanted by mistake.
Would love to see a "realistic mode" with no indicators (with the exception of still allowing indicators for enemies attacking that you arent locked on to), Reduced health to 30-50 %, minimalistic hud.
Elimination Gamemode needs to be seperated from skirmish.
It would be nice if we could have the option to mix & match colored gear items. ie... The ability to have a black helm, brass gloves, gold chest and silver shoulders with the knight, and same for all relative heroes.

Some bugs

Player emblem is flickering or not showing up on hero in SLI mode.
[BUG] Game always seems to open in windowd mode, and I have to chage it every time I play.
[BUG] Peacekeeper isnt applying bleed with 2nd & 3rd stab.
[BUG] Shugoki has a bug which allows hit to hit twict with every hit, and also make hit attacks unparryable.

[B]
MP & Story UNLOCKS

The reward for completing the game on realistic was extremely underwhelming. For everyone but maybe the knights, I felt there was basically no point whatsoever. I think you could have (or should) add in an ornament for each hero for completing it at this difficulty.
There was a rumour that completing the Apollyon fight without taking any damage at all on realistic, would unlock her armor. I think this would be such a cool thing to add into the game, I dont think many would ever do it, but itd be pretty cool to see.

ALSO... Theres also a few characters with some cheeseball spammy moves, and some that are broken like shogokis double damage & unparryable attacks, and PK bleed not working etc... The two I named need a fix asap, but Id let the game acclimatise for a few weeks before smacking heroes with the nerf bat. As most people are still learning to play, and havent figured out counters to some players yet.

I like the game a lot, and theres so much thats great here, especially the graphics and animation work, but I think some of these things are weighing down the experience for me.

Thanks for reading, this is just my opinion so feel free to disagee... Cheers.

Spriggs-25
02-20-2017, 01:12 PM
There are some other problems on the shegoki like in a 2v1 fight or even in 1v1 and in a 2v1 fight he can spam his charge grab and unblockable heavy then i would get destracted from his friends attacks and not be able to parry back or even fight one time i was grabbed i was left in the air and attacked by his teammates dieing i his arms or i would get one shot from a lot of damage to him in a 1v1 fight this happens all the time i would do damage to him get him low then from point blank i would get grabbed and die and the heal from the grab can be abused in some fights.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-20-2017, 04:40 PM
There are some other problems on the shegoki like in a 2v1 fight or even in 1v1 and in a 2v1 fight he can spam his charge grab and unblockable heavy then i would get destracted from his friends attacks and not be able to parry back or even fight one time i was grabbed i was left in the air and attacked by his teammates dieing i his arms or i would get one shot from a lot of damage to him in a 1v1 fight this happens all the time i would do damage to him get him low then from point blank i would get grabbed and die and the heal from the grab can be abused in some fights.

Just found out today that he has a move that one shots you from completely full health, to dead (was playing as a warden) when shugoki has low hp. Seems a bit broken to me, im not sure if this is a bug, but considering how long some duels can go for, it seems unfair to punish the winning player who fought tooth and nail, only to get insta killed.

niall11111
02-20-2017, 04:54 PM
This might be the calmest, most well-written feedback I've seen on this forum so far. Well done.

So many other people calling for immediate nerfs, saying they will never play the game again, etc. A bit of reasoned feedback instead of 1000s of messages littered with swear words and maybe Ubi would be a bit more responsive.

Agree with all your points although I don't have so much trouble in a 2V1 with the guard break issue. Maybe I'm just coming up against players who aren't aware that guard breaking is the best way to avoid giving me revenge. Sure that will change over time though so maybe your point is valid.

Quelcrist
02-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Just found out today that he has a move that one shots you from completely full health, to dead (was playing as a warden) when shugoki has low hp. Seems a bit broken to me, im not sure if this is a bug, but considering how long some duels can go for, it seems unfair to punish the winning player who fought tooth and nail, only to get insta killed.

It's definitely a powerful move, especially given its instant kill at critical levels of health. On top of dealing a great amount of damage, it also heals the Shugoki for a significant amount. However, the move does have downsides. It's painfully slow and easy to see coming, so it requires some specific setups in order for it to connect on a wary opponent. If it misses, the Shugoki loses a lot of health from the miss alone.

It has a great risk to go with its great reward, but they could probably fiddle with it a bit.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-21-2017, 04:45 AM
It's definitely a powerful move, especially given its instant kill at critical levels of health. On top of dealing a great amount of damage, it also heals the Shugoki for a significant amount. However, the move does have downsides. It's painfully slow and easy to see coming, so it requires some specific setups in order for it to connect on a wary opponent. If it misses, the Shugoki loses a lot of health from the miss alone.

It has a great risk to go with its great reward, but they could probably fiddle with it a bit.

True, honestly I havent played with shugoki yet, so im not sure what else hes got going for him, I may be jumping the gun. But just on principle I dont think and character in the game should have the ability to one shot a med-high HP hero when utterly losing the fight, especially because it seems to come from off screen when your fighting another hero. Maybe im wrong so I guess ill have to give him a go soon and try it out. I just think if it only did ~70% damage, but give it much more player healing to counteract it, that might work out a bit farer while still being as effective/usefull?

Quelcrist
02-21-2017, 05:25 AM
True, honestly I havent played with shugoki yet, so im not sure what else hes got going for him, I may be jumping the gun. But just on principle I dont think and character in the game should have the ability to one shot a med-high HP hero when utterly losing the fight, especially because it seems to come from off screen when your fighting another hero. Maybe im wrong so I guess ill have to give him a go soon and try it out. I just think if it only did ~70% damage, but give it much more player healing to counteract it, that might work out a bit farer while still being as effective/usefull?

Honestly, Shugoki doesn't look like he has much to work with in 1v1 situations. He can trade really well thanks to his passive, but it doesn't help against a good defensive player who will most likely not attempt to risk a trade that he's bound to lose. His slow attacks make him easy to parry/avoid/guard-break once you get a feel for them, even with his ability to feint. His headbutt is good, but it doesn't allow for much follow-up if at all. His golf swing is hilarious, but costs a good deal of stamina, doesn't deal as much damage as you'd expect, and has a tendency to get caught on the environment if he's not careful. His charged heavy attack, while extremely powerful, is only a guaranteed hit on knockdown. Honestly, he's definitely one of the more difficult heroes to use for 1v1's.

The Shugoki works well in larger scale fights. His grab is incredibly powerful since players that get caught by it can still be damaged by opponents while they have their backs broken, effectively acting as a sort of extended hard stun that already deals a lot of damage. He benefits greatly from being able to land fully charged heavy attacks, and more chances tend to pop up during these types of situations. His sprint charge is fun to use (because who doesn't love knocking everyone) down onto their butts?) and, if you have good control over it, is a pretty decent attack for running into fights and flanking, though chances are you'll never be able to catch someone that decides to run like hell.

Maybe the instant-kill is too much for what looks to be an equalizer, but honestly, I have no idea as to what would be good and safe to tweak.

This should all be taken with a grain of salt by the way. Everything I know is based off of analysis of other peoples' opinions and gameplay, so if I'm wrong, it'd be nice for someone to correct me.

Drekle
02-21-2017, 06:43 AM
I'll start by briefly saying that I love a lot about this game...

Have you thought about adding some sort of "Ranked" play with some sort of associated player rating. Right now I feel like we are all playing without goals.

I'm prestige 6 and did closed beta. I feel that this game advertised Skilled melee combat and sold a bunch of cheese. I feel that that is killing it too.

NeoAnubis7
02-21-2017, 06:49 AM
This is honestly one of the best criticism threads I've seen so far.

I just disagree on the xv1 part a little bit, not with the problem, but about the solution.

The thing is, when a player is fighting more than 1 player at once, he shouldn't really get so many advantages to his survival, and Revenge mode having no cooldown is a big part of this, in a real fight 1 skilled fighter would almost never beat 2 skilled fighters, let alone more than 2, this means that if a player has enemies all around him and can't properly position to fight while outnumbered he would have to just be incredibly good to win.

That would be easily corrected by preventing back blocks and adding a cooldown on revenge mode, although just removing the stupidity that is that knockdown would already do wonders.

Your solution to put GB on a cooldown could still be implemented, but it would not really be all that necessary. The problem you described only exists because defending against more than one player is simply unrealistically easy in the game currently, most of the time additional players end up helping the enemy they're trying to kill, even when they don't want to.

Te_Wheke
02-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Multiplayer story had no thought put into it whatsoever, it only creates a copy of the hero from single player and then both player just run around as though there's only actually one of them. There are no changes to the rest of the mode in any way, this means the cutscenes don't make sense and the boss fights are rubbish because they're 2 on 1. Surely you could have the second player as one of the NPCs of a different class that accompany the main hero in a lot of missions and then alter the mission and cutscenes to reflect this, and add extra enemy characters to help the bosses (not mirror copies of the boss because that would be lame). If there are no NPCs then just add a different class and change the mission/cutscenes to reflect more player, if there are 4 players then there should be all 4 classes. An easy example is the Warden mission with the Lawbringer, player 2 would be the Lawbringer instead of an extra Warden.

Right no multiplayer story is by far the worst part of this game because absolutely 0 thought went into it.

Fibrillous
02-21-2017, 07:39 AM
I like the idea of increasing friendly fire's damage. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare had less than normal but still high damage against friendlies and it helped balance Xv1s.

A guardbreak cooldown is interesting but it seems that it would be very odd to play with in teamfights or in brawls/elims where an honor duel is allowed but teammates are near, giving you a cooldown on your guardbreak. I don't agree with this idea.

I don't think score reduction from friendly fire will do much. I feel the ones who hurt teammates don't care about score.

I think revenge's knockdown effect should stay in the game. Yes, you can parry and that is more skillful, but the use of revenge to knock one attacker to the ground, if implemented correctly, can turn the tides effectively in a Xv1 where players are spamming without though. It punishes players who spam in a skill-orientated way. This gives active power to the one who is getting Xv1'd rather than just passive power of increased friendly fire.

A bow emote would be very welcome. Same with the praise the sun emote, but I highly doubt they would be able to have the rights to that one.

I also agree with the mismatching armor pieces. I'd like to have a gold helmet with silver armor, when I get to that reputation, on my warden. I feel that this creative liberty should be allowed.

NeoAnubis7
02-21-2017, 07:54 AM
I like the idea of increasing friendly fire's damage. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare had less than normal but still high damage against friendlies and it helped balance Xv1s.

A guardbreak cooldown is interesting but it seems that it would be very odd to play with in teamfights or in brawls/elims where an honor duel is allowed but teammates are near, giving you a cooldown on your guardbreak. I don't agree with this idea.

I don't think score reduction from friendly fire will do much. I feel the ones who hurt teammates don't care about score.

I think revenge's knockdown effect should stay in the game. Yes, you can parry and that is more skillful, but the use of revenge to knock one attacker to the ground, if implemented correctly, can turn the tides effectively in a Xv1 where players are spamming without though. It punishes players who spam in a skill-orientated way. This gives active power to the one who is getting Xv1'd rather than just passive power of increased friendly fire.

A bow emote would be very welcome. Same with the praise the sun emote, but I highly doubt they would be able to have the rights to that one.

I also agree with the mismatching armor pieces. I'd like to have a gold helmet with silver armor, when I get to that reputation, on my warden. I feel that this creative liberty should be allowed.

The issue with this is, Xv1s shouldn't have their "tides" so easily changed, a player who is outnumbered should have an extremely hard time UNLESS he can properly position himself to fight one enemy at a time, or at least not allow proper coordination between his enemies.

So yeah, not only does the knockdown need to go but revenge should also probably have a cooldown.

On matches where gear matters a player that is losing a duel can pretty much start cheering if another enemy appears, simply because in the vast majority of situations he will end up being able to kill both, even if he wasn't able to defeat a single one before.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-22-2017, 07:37 AM
I still think they need to make it feasable to fight 2v1's, but they way its implemented as of now feels a little more cheesy instead of skill based. It seems waiting for the revenge activation auto parry is the best bet, instead of positioning your enemies so they cant swing through eachother, and skillfully parrying them off to win.

Also feels very cheesy to win those 2v1's when one person is just constantly spamming GB after GB after GB... While the other just smashes the R2 button. Hopefully they tweak it a little in the upcoming update, pretty anxious to see what way they go tbh.