PDA

View Full Version : GB wins , I give up

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 10:21 AM
GB spamming in every single game now without exception, GB parry some times works, sometimes doesnt, not consistent enough for me to keep playing this clown-fest, how do I submit for a refund?

Thanks

slim147
02-20-2017, 10:24 AM
It's so bad especially with hero's like lawbringer they GB so much

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 10:24 AM
GB spamming in every single game now without exception, GB parry some times works, sometimes doesnt, not consistent enough for me to keep playing this clown-fest, how do I submit for a refund?

Thanks

Before you jump the gun and refund, Ubisoft is addressing the guard break issue in an upcoming patch, along with some various tweaks and fixes.

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Before you jump the gun and refund, Ubisoft is addressing the guard break issue in an upcoming patch, along with some various tweaks and fixes.

Unless it's back to the same way ir was in beta - money back please

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 10:31 AM
I personally don't feel like this.

I think it is a fundamental mechanic you need to practice and learn how to counter even if you don't intend to use it yourself for whatever reason there may be, and one that needs to be learned before you can expect to be any good at this game.

I reconfigured my controller because it would obviously help, advice you guys do the same.

Also, once you learn the opponents range and take notice you are within range you will begin to antecipate it's coming, than it's a matter of mechanic memory and trained reaction, very important elements in any fighting game.

Takes time to get used to, imagine that for newcomers to the genre it will take a lot of time to master, but don't give up because it's possible.

I've had fights against ppl giving up on guard breaking me and the same happening against others. Consider it is in fact a 2 edged sword, and trying to guard break an opponent that is an avid tech breaker when you back is facing a ledge is a big no no for example.

BTW, very unused counter to guard break, if you have quick enough reaction time when you see it coming is to light attack, it will deny the GB while punishing the opponent.

Cheers and GL

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Unless it's back to the same way ir was in beta - money back please

They stated it would go back to how it was during the beta.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

Edit: Believe me, I've lowered my amount of play the past few days due to the blatant spam. I can only counter so much against players who constantly hit x and heavy attack.

awolcz
02-20-2017, 10:39 AM
I think that main issue is that when GB is countered, player is not punished for his GB being countered and he can continue with the GB spam. He should fall to the ground or be stunned or whatever. But you all know the situation where 2 players standing on the bridge and both are spamming GB. Whoever gives up first, falls down. This is stupid. GB should have cooldown or unsuccessful GB should be punished somehow. There is currently no risk, but huge reward.

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 10:48 AM
I think that main issue is that when GB is countered, player is not punished for his GB being countered and he can continue with the GB spam. He should fall to the ground or be stunned or whatever. But you all know the situation where 2 players standing on the bridge and both are spamming GB. Whoever gives up first, falls down. This is stupid. GB should have cooldown or unsuccessful GB should be punished somehow. There is currently no risk, but huge reward.

Comparable to grabs in fighting games. Tech break will just cancel the grab and favor neither player.

Although in this game it is in fact penalized, you have stamina cost to account for (if it's on par and a decent cost is opened for debate imho), you also have the push back feature that might very well throw you off the map and lose you the game is attempting to GB in the wrong circumstance against the wrong player.

Have read some very interesting suggestions for changing the mechanic but overall I think it is a solid one and very counterable once you get past the learning curve and gain the need muscle reflex to actively tech break it

I find that players new to the genre are the ones that struggle the most with this

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Comparable to grabs in fighting games. Tech break will just cancel the grab and favor neither player.

Although in this game it is in fact penalized, you have stamina cost to account for (if it's on par and a decent cost is opened for debate imho), you also have the push back feature that might very well throw you off the map and lose you the game is attempting to GB in the wrong circumstance against the wrong player.

Have read some very interesting suggestions for changing the mechanic but overall I think it is a solid one and very counterable once you get past the learning curve and gain the need muscle reflex to actively tech break it

I find that players new to the genre are the ones that struggle the most with this

You simply have no idea what you are talking about, in any fighting game grab is the least used maneuver as they have the least priority over other moves, in this game GB has already made most players quit, that and brainless light attack spam-bots like PK and berserker, I may come back if these game breaking flaws are fixed, but for now I'll take my money back, thank you very much

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 10:59 AM
You simply have no idea what you are talking about, in any fighting game grab is the least used maneuver as they have the least priority over other moves, in this game GB has already made most players quit, that and brainless light attack spam-bots like PK and berserker, I may come back if these game breaking flaws are fixed, but for now I'll take my money back, thank you very much

Either than saying I'm wrong cuz, and that I don't know what I'm talking about you didn't support your claims in anyway.

I constantly counter GB by using light attacks and tech breaking. Sorry if you have a hard time playing against this mechanic. But it isn't as hard and impossible as poster make it out to be.

That is all, sorry!

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 11:03 AM

Well, it's a shame to see another player leave. I've already had two friends flat out refuse to play anymore, because of actual abuses of mechanics within the game. Here's some of the many examples; ghost hit with Shugoki, releasing lock as Shugoki during unblockable (causing it to not be parryable), parrying the Valkyrie's shield bash, block speed between characters, guard spam, etc. I honestly hope this game gets the love it deserves, because in beta it had me in awe with how fun and refreshing it was.

Hope to see you back one day, until then, good luck and take care.

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 11:05 AM
Either than saying I'm wrong cuz, and that I don't know what I'm talking about you didn't support your claims in anyway.

I constantly counter GB by using light attacks and tech breaking. Sorry if you have a hard time playing against this mechanic. But it isn't as hard and impossible as poster make it out to be.

That is all, sorry!

Delusional GB abusers like this child ruined the game, nothing else to say here, everyone get refunds asap, I'll tell all my friends too

awolcz
02-20-2017, 11:10 AM
I think it is a solid one and very counterable once you get past the learning curve and gain the need muscle reflex to actively tech break it.

As I wrote in some other posts on this forum, muscle reflex does not help on consoles, because GB is mapped to button which you are not holding when blocking, extending time to CGB by like 100 ms, which really is too much. When I hold my thumb on GB button all the time, I'm able to block GB by reflex in most cases, but it means that I'm not holding right stick and can not change stances or block. Time window for CGB should be extended by 100 ms on consoles in my opinion, or we should be allowed to remap GB to R3 (right stick press).

Inability to change the control scheme is big mistake according to me.

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:13 AM
Delusional GB abusers like this child ruined the game, nothing else to say here, everyone get refunds asap, I'll tell all my friends too

First, you're being an Shat and nowhere in this thread was I impolite.

Second, probably older than you, not that it really matters since from the dialogue it's pretty obvious.

Third, you've never seen me play so your statement means nothing actually. Also, just because I can counter it with considerable ease doesn't mean I depend on it. I do take advantage when the opportunity arises as should everyone, even ppl that can't actively counter it can still actively use it.

Forth, not in my nature to be the childish poster that says "goodbye, we don't need you, won't miss you" etc, but this type of unreasonable attitude and lack of ability to look within before blaming the game for shortcomings we definitely don't need, in any gaming community.

Finally, so you are having a hard time adjusting to the game. Probably losing more than you're used to. This is your reaction? Specially when it's already been announced that GB is going to get a fix for when 2 GB animations clash at dif times they will no longer favor the first to hit? Honestly, geez.

PS: Get over yourself pls, you have a lot of players actively tech breaking, and a lot better than I currently do. Are you in anyway saying they are cheating? Nothing more to say, you won't have any luck picking a fight with me chum.

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 11:15 AM
As I wrote in some other posts on this forum, muscle reflex does not help on consoles, because GB is mapped to button which you are not holding when blocking, extending time to CGB by like 100 ms, which really is too much. When I hold my thumb on GB button all the time, I'm able to block GB by reflex in most cases, but it means that I'm not holding right stick and can not change stances or block. Time window for CGB should be extended by 100 ms on consoles in my opinion, or we should be allowed to remap GB to R3 (right stick press).

Part of what I have to do when holding a controller is using my middle and ring finger as the light/heavy attack and angling my index finger in a hook shape, resting it on the Y button and pressing x with the tip of my index finger. Really weird feeling but it *kinda* works. Not sure how that would feel with a PS controller. I'm using an Xbox Elite controller.

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:18 AM

Reconfigure it

My GB is L2, my dodge is L1, my guard mode is toggle X and quick chat is Square.

If you are on PS4 you can definitely reassign. Got to Settings > Accessibility > Configuration (Or button configuration, not sure)

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 11:18 AM
First, you're being an Shat and nowhere in this thread was I impolite.

Second, probably older than you, not that it really matters since from the dialogue it's pretty obvious.

Third, you've never seen me play so your statement means nothing actually. Also, just because I can counter it with considerable ease doesn't mean I depend on it. I do take advantage when the opportunity arises as should everyone, even ppl that can't actively counter it can still actively use it.

Forth, not in my nature to be the childish poster that says "goodbye, we don't need you, won't miss you" etc, but this type of unreasonable attitude and lack of ability to look within before blaming the game for shortcomings we definitely don't need, in any gaming community.

Finally, so you are having a hard time adjusting to the game. Probably losing more than you're used to. This is your reaction? Specially when it's already been announced that GB is going to get a fix for when 2 GB animations clash at dif times they will no longer favor the first to hit? Honestly, geez.

PS: Get over yourself pls, you have a lot of players actively tech breaking, and a lot better than I currently do. Are you in anyway saying they are cheating? Nothing more to say, you won't have any luck picking a fight with me chum.

TL : DR, nor do I care to hear what GB spammer has to say, you spamming my thread just like you spamming GB in the game, have some dignity and leave

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Reconfigure it

My GB is L2, my dodge is L1, my guard mode is toggle X and quick chat is Square.

If you are on PS4 you can definitely reassign. Got to Settings > Accessibility > Configuration (Or button configuration, not sure)

How to reassign gamepad buttons on PC?

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:21 AM
TL:DR, nor do I care to here what GB spammer has to say, you spamming my thread just like you spamming GB in the game, have some dignity and leave

So sad I actually LOLed

Yet you're the one leaving cuz can't tech break and I'm perfectly fine with it! ;)

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:23 AM

After your Shat way of interacting with me I shouldn't even dignify this with an answer. But since I don't care for internet ragers pissing in the wind I will.

Not sure since I don't currently game on PC. But I'm pretty sure that you can run background scripts that will do this for you depending on the type of controller you are using. Try to look it up.

Also, and again, since I don't currently game on PC I wouldn't know, but I'd check if these types of background scripts are allowed and if not which ones exactly, this for fear of being labeled as a cheater/exploiter

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 11:24 AM
So sad I actually LOLed

Yet you're the one leaving cuz can't tech break and I'm perfectly fine with it! ;)

Yes, abusers like you is why everyone quit and the game is already dead, pat yourself on the back

awolcz
02-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Reconfigure it

This is settings in PS4 System or in the game itself? I'm at work now, so can not test, but if this helps, you definitely helped me out man :-)

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 11:26 AM

The only thing I can think of is the Xbox accessories app on the windows store. I think you can only use it with Xbox Elite controllers. Which, unless you own one right now, I wouldn't suggest spending 150 dollars on it (I only have one because I bought the bundle and it came with it).

Nikbis.
02-20-2017, 11:26 AM
How to counter a GB spammer ?
With your weapon. Light attack, heavy, whatever, just hit and profit :D

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Yes, abusers like you is why everyone quit and the game is already dead, pat yourself on the back

Stop crying buddy.

Asks me a question in a polite manner, only to insult me straight away reposting

Did you even notice I'm the same poster? Geez, that NaCl is off the charts.

How you can go on trying to insult me and ask for my help at the same time and keep a straight face and that entitled attitude is baffling but amusing.

Keep feeding me your salt, I'm loving it

awolcz
02-20-2017, 11:27 AM

This is what I'm trying to do, but problem is that I run out of stamina faster than GB spammer, meaning that he will finally win -> true story, happened to me many times.

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 11:28 AM
The only thing I can think of is the Xbox accessories app on the windows store. I think you can only use it with Xbox Elite controllers. Which, unless you own one right now, I wouldn't suggest spending 150 dollars on it (I only have one because I bought the bundle and it came with it).

Yet another thing not included in the game

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:28 AM

FYI heavy will be interrupted unless he inputs GB at the end of the animation.

Light is a good counter indeed

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Stop crying buddy.

Asks me a question in a polite manner, only to insult me straight away reposting

Did you even notice I'm the same poster? Geez, that NaCl is off the charts.

How you can go on trying to insult me and ask for my help at the same time and keep a straight face and that entitled attitude is baffling but amusing.

Keep feeding me your salt, I'm loving it

Go, away

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:31 AM
This is what I'm trying to do, but problem is that I run out of stamina faster than GB spammer, meaning that he will finally win -> true story, happened to me many times.

You can tech break (guard break when red shield appears in YOUR stance marker, not the opponents) even when out of stamina

Biggest problem I see is ppl not correctly understanding when to tech break.

You have 2 red shields pop up when being hit by a GB. The one on the opponent's char announcing the incoming GB, and one on YOUR char as soon as the opponent lands his hands on you, this marks the correct timing to tech break guys!

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 11:34 AM
You can tech break (guard break when red shield appears in YOUR stance marker, not the opponents) even when out of stamina

Biggest problem I see is ppl not correctly understanding when to tech break.

You have 2 red shields pop up when being hit by a GB. The one on the opponent's char announcing the incoming GB, and one on YOUR char as soon as the opponent lands his hands on you, this marks the correct timing to tech break guys!

It doesn't work on PC, its either vsync, or whatever, but when you parry break when red shield flashes on own character does nothing, you have to press after the red on their char, bur before red on your char, which makes it an impossibility

Toast_Addict
02-20-2017, 11:35 AM

That is all, sorry!

@neogeo, go back to playing ****ty 90s fighting games.

1. GBC should be the way it was in beta simply because the games p2p.

2. GB spam IS punishable. light attacks ignore GB attempt and still hit them.

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:38 AM
It doesn't work on PC, its either vsync, or whatever, but when you parry break when red shield flashes on own character does nothing, you have to press after the red on their char, bur before red on your char, which makes it an impossibility

I don't understand "parry break".

But if the same input and timing aren't working exclusively for PC, it's the first time I heard about it and isn't a declared "known issue"

What's know is that if you try to predict guard break before the opponent lands his earlier started GB (in other words before your char's red shield pops up announcing the tech break timing) you'll get GBed, they already said they are going to change it so it just cancels each other out in this situation.

You have the advancer tutorial where you can just practice this and identify the icons and timing etc. Suggest you do it.

Gubbyplz1
02-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Reconfigure it

I had no idea!! thanks for that. that'll really help with games with bad button mapping as such as this. don't even start me ranting at how bad triggers are for shooting games...

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:41 AM
@neogeo, go back to playing ****ty 90s fighting games.

1. GBC should be the way it was in beta simply because the games p2p.

2. GB spam IS punishable. light attacks ignore GB attempt and still hit them.

lmao, many 90's games can be considered more complex than this one, you're right.

1- So problem is not the mechanic? gotcha ya

2- counter GB them since you can always do it as long as you match the timing. As for light attack not countering will say you're wrong, in a general way because I can't attest for this being true to every char. Is for the one's I explored so far.

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 11:42 AM
I don't understand "parry break".

But if the same input and timing aren't working exclusively for PC, it's the first time I heard about it and isn't a declared "known issue"

What's know is that if you try to predict guard break before the opponent lands his earlier started GB (in other words before your char's red shield pops up announcing the tech break timing) you'll get GBed, they already said they are going to change it so it just cancels each other out in this situation.

You have the advancer tutorial where you can just practice this and identify the icons and timing etc. Suggest you do it.

It worked fine in beta, i spent hours training it, and this is why its pretty much pointless to follow your advice, as you are advocating for a broken game ruining mistake, and the only tips you give are so obvious that Captain wants a word with you

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:42 AM
I had no idea!! thanks for that. that'll really help with games with bad button mapping as such as this. don't even start me ranting at how bad triggers are for shooting games...

Half way into the trigger push and it will register the input.

And you're welcome buddy.

Obviously helps to have each separate command assign to a specific finger and does go along way towards muscle memory.

Prepare to have a really hard time adjusting though! GL

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:46 AM
It worked fine in beta, i spent hours training it, and this is why its pretty much pointless to follow your advice, as you are advocating for a broken game ruining mistake, and the only tips you give are so obvious that Captain wants a word with you

I'm advocating nothing. I'm explaining the mechanics you obviously don't understand nor realized they had changed.

From this quote you were obviously used to predict countering, which is coming back, and with which I have mixed feeling but I'm willing to embrace. No doubt it will remove a bit of timing and skill to counter the mechanic, and I usually advocate for higher skill cap and requirements.

However, nowhere in this thread or forum for the matter, did I advocate if should be one way or the other.

I explained how it works, when you obviously had very little notion about it. Hope it helps and you start seeing the subtle things

Stemel93
02-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Now we need people saying: " nerf top heavy attack because i don't know how to block top"

Anyway i agree to go back as GB was in Beta

MassiveD.
02-20-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm advocating nothing. I'm explaining the mechanics you obviously don't understand nor realized they had changed.

From this quote you were obviously used to predict countering, which is coming back, and with which I have mixed feeling but I'm willing to embrace. No doubt it will remove a bit of timing and skill to counter the mechanic, and I usually advocate for higher skill cap and requirements.

However, nowhere in this thread or forum for the matter, did I advocate if should be one way or the other.

I explained how it works, when you obviously had very little notion about it. Hope it helps and you start seeing the subtle things

You are properly cringey and oblivious, so for the last f*ucking time, on PC when the red flashes on your character it's already too late

KindMan2236
02-20-2017, 11:53 AM

It makes me wonder because I'm also on PC and have this issue, makes me wonder if it's a console and PC problem or a PC problem. I use to have no issues countering the AI bot in advanced practice who is basically just scripted to GB and for some reason I'm failing to counter him 1/2 of the time, If I focus I can do it everytime but the area for failure is so large and the margin for success so small that it makes it almost improbable to get it everytime.

Someone said the margin for success is over 6 frames, I looked at a frametime benchmarks and the GTX 1060 and RX480 garner 18-20MS per frame at or around 80FPS, so you have theoretically around 108 to 120MS to respond to a GB

Gubbyplz1
02-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Half way into the trigger push and it will register the input.

And you're welcome buddy.

Obviously helps to have each separate command assign to a specific finger and does go along way towards muscle memory.

Prepare to have a really hard time adjusting though! GL

Dammit man you made me quit my first game. mostly my fault though didn't think it through what do you use to lock on :)

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Dammit man you made me quit my first game. mostly my fault though didn't think it through what do you use to lock on :)

Go on options. Enable lock on toggle and I personally set this to X

To quickly change lock ons while in toggle mode you'll need to double press for each change.

GL

Gubbyplz1
02-20-2017, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=neogeo___;12339747]Go on options. Enable lock on toggle and I personally set this to X

To quickly change lock on while in toggle mode you'll need to double press for each change.

GL

Cheers man. These guys should just be happy there not high enough in the matchmaking for people to be heavy faint into GB mixup. that still gets me if they haven't used it much in the match

CoyoteXStarrk
02-20-2017, 12:10 PM
If you spam and abuse GB then you are trash in my eyes.

No skill required. Plain and simple.

Aidie2005
02-20-2017, 12:11 PM
CGB can also have weird timing due to the weird P2P infrastructure they are using, also if you play console with a wireless controller then you get input delay from controller to console.

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=neogeo___;12339747]Go on options. Enable lock on toggle and I personally set this to X

To quickly change lock on while in toggle mode you'll need to double press for each change.

GL

Cheers man. These guys should just be happy there not high enough in the matchmaking for people to be heavy faint into GB mixup. that still gets me if they haven't used it much in the match

Nah don't worry about it bud. Glad I could help and I'm happy to share the what little knowledge I may have with whoever is willing to hear me out.

It is in fact a huge help, specially against quicker classes the zone in on you switching stances and doing exactly what you said, feint to get you focused on guard matching only to GB, now you can do both with separate fingers.

Now, prepare yourself to bang your head against the wall a lot, you can't help it, you have to overcome your current muscle memory and reaction that is assign to different command inputs. The longer you've played the harder it will be. GL

Gubbyplz1
02-20-2017, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Gubbyplz1;12339772]

Nah don't worry about it bud. Glad I could help and I'm happy to share the what little knowledge I may have with whoever is willing to hear me out.

It is in fact a huge help, specially against quicker classes the zone in on you switching stances and doing exactly what you said, feint to get you focused on guard matching only to GB, now you can do both with separate fingers.

Now, prepare yourself to bang your head against the wall a lot, you can't help it, you have to overcome your current muscle memory and reaction that is assign to different command inputs. The longer you've played the harder it will be. GL

it's not the guard matching its the fact that I go for a parry so when they get GB it's guaranteed. I believe cause I can never block it after that.

Yep just had my first fight lost 3/0 sent a lot of help requests in that 1v1. back to lvl 3 bots, there better than most people anyway nobushi lvl 3 is still better than me, not that I've p'layed him for a coupe of days. Even the start menu is giveing me problems! it's a lie

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=neogeo___;12339793]

it's not the guard matching its the fact that I go for a parry so when they get GB it's guaranteed. I believe cause I can never block it after that.

Yep just had my first fight lost 3/0 sent a lot of help requests in that 1v1. back to lvl 3 bots, there better than most people anyway nobushi lvl 3 is still better than me, not that I've p'layed him for a coupe of days. Even the start menu is giveing me problems! it's a lie

LMAO.

Yeah, takes me back when I was getting used to it. Sometimes it even confused the opponent, before that I didn't even know you could issue beacons in duel. ahah

Don't expect to get used to it in a day. believe me.

practice makes perfect I guess

m1y4gi
02-20-2017, 01:32 PM
for me the GBI still is a problem. I trained it, i learned the timing over and over, but in 4on4 it's simply luck if it works. What i mean, to push the button in a 4on4 correctly is absolutely tricky for me. Only every 4th or 5th GBI hit the right timing. 1on1 works better, but there it's still 50/50 if GBI hits. Damn it, i need that fix ;D

Funeragon
02-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Gb is easy to counter. I counter 99.99999999% of them (when they are couterable).
And i'm not alone to do it.

Munktor
02-20-2017, 04:22 PM
I've been noticing when i'm against an opponent that likes to GB a lot, if I light dash backwards (away from opponent) and into a bash attack i'll often surprise them. The cool thing is, a lot of switch-up attacks occur post a good bash. Like with the conqueror (Heavy attack -> GB) rinse/repeat.