PDA

View Full Version : Tell me this game is balanced

SendRickPics
02-20-2017, 08:51 AM
I challenge you to tell me it's balanced.

https://i.imgur.com/fFd2S7e.jpg

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 08:54 AM
It's balanced. What do I win?

neogeo___
That particular matchmaking is one of the best and more balanced ones I've seen in a long time. So if that's your point and pic proof seriously you need to browse reddit more.

As for the game and basic mechanics, I isn't no. But Orochi is hardly the most problematic one, and will have a lot less going for him once the GB fix comes out

Baggin_
Well, It's 4 on 4 lol

cstratus
02-20-2017, 08:55 AM

You beat me to it..

cstratus
02-20-2017, 08:59 AM
Real answer though..

The game is pretty balanced. Item level makes a difference but not big enough that it's impossible to win. Money can buy gear in this game but it cannot buy skill.

SendRickPics
02-20-2017, 09:16 AM

A sharp kick in the ***! Congratulations! ;)

P.S.

Yadda yadda gear stats, yadda yadda trolling, yadda yadda salt.

Facts is facts, if the Orochi was actually balanced, that matchup would never look like that.

Furthermore the combined Rep level of all four Orochi is 18.... while the combined level of my team was 7.... They literally out-leveled us by a multiple of 2.3. That is not insignificant in and of itself and points to a break in the matchmaking algorithm, on top of the ridiculousness of the Orochi

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Heroes of the Storm had players pick their hero before clicking to enter the queue for a game. At least in non ranked games. I think a similar method would work here. Still have some off moments, especially with groups playing with different rep and gear level heroes. But, I think a choose before entering matchmaking would really help people fight around their gear score.

Brave_Thunder
02-20-2017, 09:27 AM

P.S.

Facts is facts, if the Orochi was actually balanced, that matchup would never look like that.

Furthermore the combined Rep level of all four Orochi is 18.... while the combined level of my team was 7.... They literally out-leveled us by a multiple of 2.3. That is not insignificant in and of itself and points to a break in the matchmaking algorithm, on top of the ridiculousness of the Orochi

Seems that you need a buff on your reflexes if you find one of the most predictable heroes hard to deal.

cstratus
02-20-2017, 09:35 AM

P.S.

You're assuming matchmaking is based off of rep levels. To my knowledge, it is not.

SendRickPics
02-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Seems that you need a buff on your reflexes if you find one of the most predictable heroes hard to deal.

Seems like you need a buff on your perception of reality when one of the most overpowered heroes since ALPHA (which I was part of) has still not been dealt with.

KiyaruSan
02-20-2017, 09:42 AM
Seems like you need a buff on your perception of reality when one of the most overpowered heroes since ALPHA (which I was part of) has still not been dealt with.

It has in fact been nerfed several times from then till now. mostly on the storm dash exploit it used to contain. Right now the orochi is probably one of the most balanced classes in the game and it's moves are very well telegraphed. Their GB range is really short. Deflect mechanics are negatable for every assassin right now since it's a lot easier to punish than a parry is when the timing required is the same. Don't know what you're on about mate.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-20-2017, 09:47 AM
This game is balanced

Brave_Thunder
02-20-2017, 10:07 AM

And why it is op?Because it's fast.Get better reaction times,and orochi will be easy to deal with.Or you just claim that every hero that beats you it's op because you played the alpha?

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 10:56 AM
And why it is op?Because it's fast.Get better reaction times,and orochi will be easy to deal with.Or you just claim that every hero that beats you it's op because you played the alpha?

That's a personal gripe of mine regarding the "better reaction times" that goes counter to everything I'm used to in fighting games.

The most harassing chars with the most punishing move set and combos and require a faster and precise defense to guard against are always the ones that require the most precise timing and input while penalizing users by missing said timing or input cancelling the combo chain.

After so many hours playing this through tests etc, I still can't understand why it is the way it is and how it doesn't compromise the sacred "risk/reward ratio" rule

Brave_Thunder
02-20-2017, 11:46 AM
That's a personal gripe of mine regarding the "better reaction times" that goes counter to everything I'm used to in fighting games.

The most harassing chars with the most punishing move set and combos and require a faster and precise defense to guard against are always the ones that require the most precise timing and input while penalizing users by missing said timing or input cancelling the combo chain.

After so many hours playing this through tests etc, I still can't understand why it is the way it is and how it doesn't compromise the sacred "risk/reward ratio" rule

I can't speak out of experience since this is my first fighting game,but indeed combos that are stopped by a single block only encourage trading lights.Unless you use a class with some sort of cc or cancel(such as warden or kensei) you're better off simply jumping in and out for some damage and get back the stamina.Maybe if only parry would block a combo,people would spam less,not to mention that it could help to deal with a turtle defense playstile:if the turtle parry he gets a reward,if he falls for a faint or simply blocks he will have to deal with the other chained attacks.

SendRickPics
02-20-2017, 01:03 PM
I can't speak out of experience since this is my first fighting game.

Yet you have the nerve to try and say that my reaction times are at fault here? I play loads of twitch based games. Hell I played Red Orchestra 2 for a long while and was actually pretty good at it. (You'd think it's a snail paced game at first, but once you learn how to play, it gets pretty fast!)

Hell I've played games you've never heard of that are twitchy. The problem is definitely in the Orochi's damage vs his attack speed. I could forgive the attack speed if it weren't for the ridiculous damage he does and the broken GB system further enabling it.

The ease of which the character takes to play vs the difficulty it can take to overcome one is hardly a balanced risk v reward scenario. It just isn't.

EothK
02-20-2017, 01:38 PM
I challenge you to tell me it's balanced.

https://i.imgur.com/fFd2S7e.jpg

That's nothing! Yesterday I was in a game with 7 Orochi and myself the Lawbringer :)

But yeah as far as the Orochi goes he certainly seems to be the go to character. It's the same reason why my Orochi is the only class that's still at lvl 1 completely untouched.

DuckyDuck88
02-20-2017, 01:53 PM
Today I had 6 orochi in 6 duels in a row. 100% result. It's not interesting to play duels anymore. What is wrong with this character?

Brave_Thunder
02-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Yet you have the nerve to try and say that my reaction times are at fault here? I play loads of twitch based games. Hell I played Red Orchestra 2 for a long while and was actually pretty good at it. (You'd think it's a snail paced game at first, but once you learn how to play, it gets pretty fast!)

Hell I've played games you've never heard of that are twitchy. The problem is definitely in the Orochi's damage vs his attack speed. I could forgive the attack speed if it weren't for the ridiculous damage he does and the broken GB system further enabling it.

The ease of which the character takes to play vs the difficulty it can take to overcome one is hardly a balanced risk v reward scenario. It just isn't.

I have no experience in other games,but I fighted against many orochis,and I can assure you that he can be blocked and parryed.The window is clearly small,but all his move can be predicted,and unless he faints a lot,you shouldn't have problems dealing with him,since you got those "twitch reactions".If you want to talk about the ease of a using a character vs the difficulty to beat him,you should watch at the warden instead.

SendRickPics
02-21-2017, 11:25 PM
I have no experience in other games,but I fighted against many orochis,and I can assure you that he can be blocked and parryed.The window is clearly small,but all his move can be predicted,and unless he faints a lot,you shouldn't have problems dealing with him,since you got those "twitch reactions".If you want to talk about the ease of a using a character vs the difficulty to beat him,you should watch at the warden instead.

I rarely have trouble with the Warden as I do the Orochi. Though both are highly abusive of the broken grapple mechanic.