PDA

View Full Version : Execution Animation Time versus being interrupted

DukeVonSausage
02-20-2017, 05:20 AM
Executions need to start playing out, or denying rezzes at a set time elapsed as a standard.

In dominion, elimination, etc, executions are vital to denying rezzes from the enemy, especially when in tight group fights or trying to get the kill before some guy runs the corner and interrupts you.

Paying 5-7k metal for an execution that takes longer, despite looking cooler, has absolutely no benefit game wise.

If you're going to take this game to a competitive ranking system, this is definitely one of the items you should be looking at.

This is especially true with execution animation timers between classes.

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 05:23 AM
Agreed. Many executions take longer than a buffed res does. Seems unfair.

Interrupting an execution is a free hit and already punishing enough. Don't believe it's balanced to allow a res afterwards.

You could even account for execution health regen only if not interrupted and deny the res and this would be fair to me

As for changing the execution duration and making standard, idk. Might take a lot of the wow factor away from it. Don't think I agree.

Alita_Battle_AG
02-20-2017, 05:44 AM
Agree !
in Domi, because the execution take a long time so we can not do if some one hit our character (even teammate).

dave2k12
02-20-2017, 05:49 AM
I agree should be a bit shorter and on a fixed time for everyone especially if you're in a 3v1 and 1 of them keeps ressing yea you can do a zone attack but that costs way too much stamina and will cause you to loose but if the execution was shorter you wouldn't have that problem

TCTF_SWAT
02-20-2017, 05:52 AM
No.

lucasnrachel
02-20-2017, 07:43 AM
Don't use that execution. Functionality over visual is my first thought. I literally got out a timer and watched all animations to see which was fastest to see if I was going to buy any.

On the samish note. A warlord can apparently not be interrupted in execution with the higher gear. Can't get anyone to respond if this is intended as I haven't seen it YET with any other characters.

Alpha-0mega-
02-20-2017, 08:17 AM
Don't use that execution. Functionality over visual is my first thought. I literally got out a timer and watched all animations to see which was fastest to see if I was going to buy any.

On the samish note. A warlord can apparently not be interrupted in execution with the higher gear. Can't get anyone to respond if this is intended as I haven't seen it YET with any other characters.

I think this goes for most characters. On lawbringer I noticed I could only get interrupted before the icon turns from health icon to the executed icon. After that I can't get interrupted and am basically ****ed when using a long anim execute.

McLoudAether
02-20-2017, 08:23 AM
The upside of longer executions is that they regenerate more health for you than faster ones.

lucasnrachel
02-20-2017, 08:36 AM
I think this goes for most characters. On lawbringer I noticed I could only get interrupted before the icon turns from health icon to the executed icon. After that I can't get interrupted and am basically ****ed when using a long anim execute.

I was hitting this guy right before his sword rose above his head , haven't had any issues with stopping him before. You'll notice like a cloud shield when a player can't be stopped like the shugoki. I didn't notice it on him. He was in revenge mode but I've definitely been stopped in revenge mode myself.

If it's a character specific trait or gear can get you up that high fine, would just like to know the parameters so I'm not wasting stamina on them.