PDA

View Full Version : Balance Issues and Bugs ! UBI READ PLEASE !

Trenk2009
02-20-2017, 01:42 AM
Ok, I'll try to be clear since I'm already feeling those "git gud" ****ers coming.

Before I start I gotta say: I've got more than 100 hours into this game that I absolutely love!
SO:

1) The warlord is clearly a bit overpowered.

Main reason: His headbutt. When playing against a good warlord, abusing of his really fast headbutt while playing defensively can allow him to deal damage while taking exactly 0 risk in doing so. This is stupid. No way to parry or block, the only chance you have is to dodge it when playing a fast character, which is hard as **** considering how fast it his and doesnt even mean you'll be able to damage him after it.
To fix this, you can either simply force the warlord to connect a hit or a block before being able to use it, so it'll feel fair to play against him; or make it longer to strike when not linked to anything, with a longer recovery time.
As of right now, there is literally no way to beat a warlord playing this way (which represent 95% of warlords above rep 2).

2) The Nobushi after storm rush bug.

When an Orochi successfully perform a storm rush on any character of the game, the recovery time required for the enemy to be able to block again is long enough for the Orochi to link up a top light attack combo.
For some reason, not with the Nobushi. This particular character alway manage to get her guard up in time to block the combo.
Please fix this.

3) Free GB after parry "bug" on long ranged character. (Kensei, Lawbringer, Nobushi and sometimes Valkyrie)

When successfully performing a parry on any character of the game, you are usually able to link up a uncounterable guard break. But not with long ranged character.
This is, without a doubt, the most stupid thing ever.
When playing a low mobility character, parrying is the main way to close the gap between you and your faster opponent. But, as of right now, when facing a long range character, the only option you have is to parry until your opponent is out of stamina to be able to punish him. I think this is really dumb and unfair, especially when facing a really fast long ranged character like the nobushi, where parrys are quite hard to pull out.
For me, the high-risk high-reward parry mechanic should always be consistent rewardingly speaking, not depending on who you're facing.
Please, fix it so a parry always = a free GB.

4) The Nobushi "useless" Hidden stance on a controller.

The primary utility of the Nobushi's hidden stance is to hide the stance you choose before attacking. On a controller, it doesn't work.
Since being in the hidden stance mode require to keep the right stick down, you can't possibly use the same input to change your stance in the same time.
The nobushi hidden stance needs another input for his hidden stance. Please fix.

5) From beta to launch : unresponsive ?!

Ok so, it's a bit tricky here. During betas and alphas I mainly played PK. As of right now I still didn't play it since the game released simply because I'm waiting for her grab fix; so my complain here isn't fully proved. But since I've seen a lot of the same complain on the forum I'll still say it.
Since released, the game feels less responsive than before. I really felt this regarding of the dodge mechanic of the game! For instance, when during beta I was able to dodge pretty easily the berserker, I now feel like I can't do **** before being hit 2 or 3 times by his chain! ( I play Orochi) Same goes for the peacekeeper where dodging still go me hit.

6) The HUD misinformation on zone attacks.

We all know what I'm referring to here. When this freaking Orochi, or this arrogant Warden decides to use her zone attack, and all of a sudden the HUD gives a direction for a sec before changing it right after.
I think this happens because the hud is too reactive. Since performing a Zone attack requires to press both light and heavy, the hud seems to first give the info for the first input before correctin with the zone attack. This is pretty annoying and need to be fixed.
The only way this can be fixed without making the HUD less responsive in my opinion is to force players to be in the stance of their zone attack before performing it.

7) The raider needs a buff.

As of right now, playing a raider against decent players simply isn't possible. His kit doesn't offer enough way defeat your opponent and only focus around his always right hitting unlockable. As soon as your opponent knows how to parry, you simply can't win.
Where a character of the same style like the Kensei gives a wide panel of cancels and mind games trough multiple combo starters and a decent mobility; the raider simply can't be viable.
All of his controls aren't long enough to link up to any decent damage output, his combos can't be started by anything else than a light attack, his feints are really limited and never offers any real damages too.
Overall, the raider is too easily counteralbe by any player with a decent blocking, and nothing a raider can do really punishes a mistake from your opponent.

8) The Valkyrie incoming buff is really necessary ASAP.

Two phrases: WAY TOO LONG recovery time for literally ANYTHING; and TOO EASILY DODEABLE take down move !

9) Connectivity Issues.

Ubisoft seems to love to kill their game by not listening to the most obvious consumer opinion, but I'll still say ti.
First of all : DE-DI-CA-TED SER-VERS ARE A MUST-HAVE!!!!
Then: Why does the game connectivity was better during closed beta and alphas than for real game ? ...

10) Vaccum hits.

It may be intended but why does the running strike of the warden or the warlord for example seems to almost TP the character on his target while some the Orochi's or Raider's one almost don't move ?

11) Peacekeeper ridiculously low recovery time on chains.

Even tho a peacekeeper only has 2 hits chains, they almost feel like infinite ones considering how fast each of them can be linked up. Adding this to how fast she strikes, a good changing stance PK can overhelm you and spams you to death. This is dumb and feels really unfair.
Please add some sort of little recovery time between PK's chains.

12) Thrown off a cliff but still manage to tp and fly in the air.

This bug exist since alpha and still haven't be fixed ...

13) Awfull matchmaking

I though that longer waiting times between matches were required to have a good matchmaking. LOL WHAT A JOKE !
Everyone will agree to admit that stuff doesn't really affect gameplay right. BUT IT STILL NEEDS TO BE A MINIMUM FAIR BETWEEN PLAYERS !
Me and my friends literally had less than 40 gear score but were already facing 108 gear score guys !!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS !

PLZ FIX YOUR AWFULL MATCHMAKING !

14) Boosts in elimination are ridiculously too fast to take. You can literally run out of a fight and pick up a boost 5 meter away from you without your opponent being able to do anything --'
If you don't want to make boost longer to take, then at least put a cooldown on it that triggers as soon as u get hit so what I described above doesn't happen ...

15) The shield boost is UNBALANCED! He literally doubles your hp pool, regardless of the length of it! So basically this boost is way more useful to a Shugoki than a PK for example. That's Dumb. Make it so it gives a fixed amount of bonus shield, please.

Here! I tried to be as clear as possible and I'm waiting for feedbacks and opinions :D

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 01:52 AM
TL;DR

As for the Nobushi storm rush bit, guessing you play Orochi, you're missing the timing, all chars except the Raider, Lawbringer and Nobushi can block a follow up top light from orochi after already blocking the storm rush, these 3 can't.

Edit: Also Nobushi hidden stance is just fine as is, a high skilled moved the is risky but high rewarding to do. It's primary function is not to hide but to provide a free dodge at end of chains while immediately enabling her to counter into her 2 chain move or even kick the enemy off a ledge. It's secondary function is to quickly cancel recovery time into the ability to counter and chain up move, again starting with the 2nd attack on her chain.
It's final function is to hide attacks but is easily counterable and has little to no use in high lvl gameplay

Trenk2009
02-20-2017, 01:57 AM
TL;DR

As for the Nobushi storm rush bit, guessing you play Orochi, you're missing the timing, all chars except the Raider, Lawbringer and Nobushi can block a follow up top light from orochi after already blocking the storm rush, these 3 can't.

What are you talking about ? I'm not understanding ...
What do you mean by "after already blocking the storm rush" ? I'm telling you the opposite ! When your storm rush connects, you can't link up a top light combo against the nobushi while you can with every other chars in the game ...

B1ood_R3d
02-20-2017, 02:22 AM
[QUOTE=Trenk2009;12337831]What are you talking about ? I'm not understanding ...
What do you mean by "after already blocking the storm rush" ? I'm telling you the opposite ! When your storm rush connects, you can't link up a top light combo against the nobushi while you can with every other chars in the game ...[/QUOTE

Sighs...Seems like a bunch of complaining and no real solutions here...100 supposed hours in this game and you have yet to find a workaround and or just use a different character. Look bruh, there will ALWAYS be character issues in fighting games lol! I should know; Ive been competing in them for over a decade so dealing with bad matchups is not surprising to me. This game character-wise will no doubt recieve patches in the future but for right now, this is what we got. And if you can't win with your character it is always easy to say its the characters fault and not your own. No one is forcing you to sue any particular character, so If you feel the Warlord is this unstoppable force *Because he isnt* then you need to rework your strats...hell, their are ppl on these forums who ***** about the Conqueror so, seeing these types of posts are redundant. Now in terms of the connectivity of the game...You have a great point, this game being a possible future inclusion to E-Sport events should have dedicated servers. Perhaps that will happen in the future.

Ill share with you this ONE gripe I have currently about character issues in this game...In MY opinion...Bleed damage should NOT kill in a game like this...An action rpg maybe, but not a competitive fighting game. if anything it should just work your life down to zero...Nothing is sadder than trying to fight the Bleeder characters only to know your character is going to die while they just walk backwards and watch you die...That is my only issue as of this moment.

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 03:32 AM
Ok, I'll try to be clear since I'm already feeling those "git gud" ****ers coming.

3) Free GB after parry "bug" on long ranged character. (Kensei, Lawbringer, Nobushi and sometimes Valkyrie)

When successfully performing a parry on any character of the game, you are usually able to link up a uncounterable guard break. But not with long ranged character.
This is, without a doubt, the most stupid thing ever.
When playing a low mobility character, parrying is the main way to close the gap between you and your faster opponent. But, as of right now, when facing a long range character, the only option you have is to parry until your opponent is out of stamina to be able to punish him. I think this is really dumb and unfair, especially when facing a really fast long ranged character like the nobushi, where parrys are quite hard to pull out.
For me, the high-risk high-reward parry mechanic should always be consistent rewardingly speaking, not depending on who you're facing.
Please, fix it so a parry always = a free GB.

I think the same of all you say except this point. This is a intended mechanic, its called "long range character" it allows them to have a "defensive after parry" in the sense that you have to get close to do something, you can do a dash attack or something, yeah you cant guard break but its part of their kits (valkyrie, nobushi, kensei, lawbringer)

also i discovered a real guard break bug after a parry if you want to check it i uploaded it https://youtu.be/DbMno_dTQ0k

neogeo___
02-20-2017, 03:49 AM
What are you talking about ? I'm not understanding ...
What do you mean by "after already blocking the storm rush" ? I'm telling you the opposite ! When your storm rush connects, you can't link up a top light combo against the nobushi while you can with every other chars in the game ...

Missing the timing. If the mentioned heroes suceeded to block the storm rush and you get the timing right you guarantee hit the top light attack follow up. Can only imagine it's the same after hit since the hit recovery penalty is longer than the block recovery one.

Anyway, it's a dumb guaranteed hit that shouldn't even exist in game and should always be possible to actively block, if the storm rush connects or not.

No point in arguing in favor of it I regret to say. Please stop making unreasonable requests

Trenk2009
02-20-2017, 08:56 AM
Missing the timing. If the mentioned heroes suceeded to block the storm rush and you get the timing right you guarantee hit the top light attack follow up. Can only imagine it's the same after hit since the hit recovery penalty is longer than the block recovery one.

So you're saying that if you block the storm rush you still can get a guarateed top combo ? Wtf, how ? I need to try this out ...

Anyway, it's a dumb guaranteed hit that shouldn't even exist in game and should always be possible to actively block, if the storm rush connects or not.

No point in arguing in favor of it I regret to say. Please stop making unreasonable requests

Wtf are you saying here man....
1) Considering how hard it is to connect a storm rush, being able to link up the top combo is a bare minimum to make that move viable.

2) Unreasonable request ? I'm simply asking for consistency. If every chars of the game getting hit by the storm rush can't block the incoming top combo, why would the nobushi be able to do so!

Trenk2009
02-20-2017, 09:01 AM
I think the same of all you say except this point. This is a intended mechanic, its called "long range character" it allows them to have a "defensive after parry" in the sense that you have to get close to do something, you can do a dash attack or something, yeah you cant guard break but its part of their kits (valkyrie, nobushi, kensei, lawbringer)

Well this is a stupid intended mehcanic then. Parrying is the only way to close the gap with a long ranged char without having to take the risk to engage by your self. For me, having to parry until your opponent is out of stamina is really boring and pretty risky when facing a char like the nobushi :/

Trenk2009
02-20-2017, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=Trenk2009;12337831]What are you talking about ? I'm not understanding ...
What do you mean by "after already blocking the storm rush" ? I'm telling you the opposite ! When your storm rush connects, you can't link up a top light combo against the nobushi while you can with every other chars in the game ...[/QUOTE

Sighs...Seems like a bunch of complaining and no real solutions here...100 supposed hours in this game and you have yet to find a workaround and or just use a different character. Look bruh, there will ALWAYS be character issues in fighting games lol! I should know; Ive been competing in them for over a decade so dealing with bad matchups is not surprising to me. This game character-wise will no doubt recieve patches in the future but for right now, this is what we got. And if you can't win with your character it is always easy to say its the characters fault and not your own. No one is forcing you to sue any particular character, so If you feel the Warlord is this unstoppable force *Because he isnt* then you need to rework your strats...hell, their are ppl on these forums who ***** about the Conqueror so, seeing these types of posts are redundant. Now in terms of the connectivity of the game...You have a great point, this game being a possible future inclusion to E-Sport events should have dedicated servers. Perhaps that will happen in the future.

Ill share with you this ONE gripe I have currently about character issues in this game...In MY opinion...Bleed damage should NOT kill in a game like this...An action rpg maybe, but not a competitive fighting game. if anything it should just work your life down to zero...Nothing is sadder than trying to fight the Bleeder characters only to know your character is going to die while they just walk backwards and watch you die...That is my only issue as of this moment.

I don't get your point of view honestly.
1) "There will always be char issues in a fighting game!" Yeah, so what ? That doesn't mean we shouldn't take care of those issues. Just like there will always be criminals in a city, that doesn't mean we should ignore them or accept to live with them. I don't really get your point here...

2) "Use a different character" Well, this is exatly what OP means. I'm aware there will always be match ups in a fighting game. Some char will always be stronger against an other and weaker against an other. However, the definition of OP is exactly that: when a char is stronger even against any other char. That's the thing with the Warlord. As of right now, a good warlord can't get beaten, because one of his move allows him to inflict damage while taking 0 risk in the process.
As the game progressed trough betas and alphas, the warlord have been already nerfed, which is a sign that I'm definetly not the only one thinking he's too strong right now...

3) "Seems like a bunch of complaining and no real solutions here" Well that's actually false. I gave my own solution to most of the problems I'm pointing out.

4) "if you can't win with your character it is always easy to say its the characters fault and not your own" That's why I said I had 100 hours into the game --' I wanted to avaid those type of comments... I know there's a way to beat any char of the game by playing good enough with any other char ok. I'm definetely not complaining simply because I loose or I'll be complaining about any char played right. I try to be as objectiv a possible by asking my self "Would I be able to win even if I was godlike in this game?" and then only allow to make a comment about balance. Same goes with consistency: "Is it fair for that character to have that recovery time or those damage with that speed or that ranged compared to other char?"... I'm not complaining, I'm giving some long worked thoughts ...

5) "No one is forcing you to sue any particular character" Indeed no one is doing that. Yet we're coming back to the first point: so what ?
During all your comment I feel like you try to defend that the game is well balance and that people should stop "complaining" by simply not acknoledging some problems and giving fake solutions like don't play this char or just deal with it already... No real solutions you said ... If you think that I'm wrong then give me actual facts, ways, and arguments to counter me ....
I mean, in any other circumstances, this way of arguing will be obviously ridiculous: if a I a buy a defective product like a buggued phone for instance, will you say "stop complaining, that's what you got right now, just buy anoter phone already or deal with your bug!" ?

awolcz
02-20-2017, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=Trenk2009;12337831]Sighs...Seems like a bunch of complaining and no real solutions here....

I agree. After reading original post, I have a feeling that most of it is just complaining and not balancing issues at all. This is just another "I'm getting screwed, please change game mechanics so as I rock" type of thread. Warlord is definitely not OP. Seems pretty equal to Conqueror to me. I have no problems in dealing with these two at all. Raider definitely does not need signficant buff. Free GB after parry should not be on long ranged characters. This is why they are long ranged.

"buff is really necessary ASAP." -> this is just another crying. Why do you need it ASAP? So don't play Valkyrie now and be patient, like anyone else. My friend mains Valkyrie and is enjoying the game as is ,without complains.

Trenk2009
02-20-2017, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=B1ood_R3d;12337916]

I agree. After reading original post, I have a feeling that most of it is just complaining and not balancing issues at all. This is just another "I'm getting screwed, please change game mechanics so as I rock" type of thread. Warlord is definitely not OP. Seems pretty equal to Conqueror to me. I have no problems in dealing with these two at all. Raider definitely does not need signficant buff. Free GB after parry should not be on long ranged characters. This is why they are long ranged.

"buff is really necessary ASAP." -> this is just another crying. Why do you need it ASAP? So don't play Valkyrie now and be patient, like anyone else. My friend mains Valkyrie and is enjoying the game as is ,without complains.

You agree ? So I gave soltuions on any of the issues I could and if someone isn't helping here it's you ... For **** sake this comunnity is making me crazy. You waste your time writting a long *** comment while hoping for constructed answers but you only get considered as a crying baby ...

GIVE ME FREAKING ARGUMENTS ABOUT WHY YOU THINK OTHER WISE ! Pfff, this forum is ridiculous as soon as you start to critisize the game ...
Why do you think the warlord is balanced in you opinion ?! How do you defeat one playing as I explained it ?!
Why does the raider doesn't need a buff in your opinion ?! Is there something I missed while playing him ?!
Why would free GB after parry shouldn't be a thing on long ranged character when they already benefits from there range when fighting ?!

The only thing you seemed to know is saying "I didn't have any problem so stop complaining" --' The fact that it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all ! This is not a viable argument !

"I'm getting screwed, please change the game mechanics so as I rock" Yeah right go **** your self ... Wasted my time giving my reasons only to get considered as someone writing this --" Oh and also : I'm not getting screwed... at all ... Got 62% win rate with rep 2 lvl 17 orochi ... I just try to be objective ...