PDA

View Full Version : Roman and Ninja

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 12:56 AM
so there's the rumor going around that two of the characters coming out are a ninja and a roman due to the outlines on the season pass. I really hope this isn't true as neither of these characters fit at all. Ninjas were seen as disgraceful by the Bushido, which is the code of honor Samurai follow. Adding a Ninja to their ranks jsut doesn't make sense, at all. You could make some arguments, but at the end of the day if you're trying to be accurate in your portral of the cultures, Ninja just doesn't fit.

The Roman just doesn't' make sense. The romans were long gone by the time any of the factions were even a thing. Just cuz he's white doesn't mean he fits with the knights. Like why? You have so much to draw from, why do you need to take from a culture that is no where near what's in the game?

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 01:06 AM
so there's the rumor going around that two of the characters coming out are a ninja and a roman due to the outlines on the season pass. I really hope this isn't true as neither of these characters fit at all. Ninjas were seen as disgraceful by the Bushido, which is the code of honor Samurai follow. Adding a Ninja to their ranks jsut doesn't make sense, at all. You could make some arguments, but at the end of the day if you're trying to be accurate in your portral of the cultures, Ninja just doesn't fit.

The Roman just doesn't' make sense. The romans were long gone by the time any of the factions were even a thing. Just cuz he's white doesn't mean he fits with the knights. Like why? You have so much to draw from, why do you need to take from a culture that is no where near what's in the game?

Ninja - Nobunaga Oda and Ieyasu Tokugawa were well known for using assassins(ninja) to kill rival daimyo and leaders. I don't see why they wouldn't include ninja into the game, Hattori Hanzo, for instance was a ninja who saved Ieyasu and became a lord. The whole "Samurai never did anything dishonorable, because Bushido" is frankly silly.

Roman - This is a fantasy universe. It doesn't correlate to our history. Who's to say there isn't a small group of Roman-esque characters within the world. The knights have legions, IE. Stone Legion, Blackstone Legion, etc.

Ephemiel
02-20-2017, 01:17 AM
Damn, how does it feel being proven completely wrong?

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 01:32 AM
I mean he used an exception to the rule argument. he didn't prove me wrong. There's an exception to every rule, it's a dumb argument to make. It's akin to someone saying humans can run up to 20 MPH and this guy come sin like "Yeah but Usain bolt did 28." It's just annoying.

And it does correlate to our world. The whole story is that the world was as we know it, until there was a cataclysmic earthquake. Hurr Durr fantasy is a dumb argument too. Just cuz it's historical fiction doesn't mean there's Roman Centurian runnigns around one thousand year later lmao. Plus, they use ****ing bronze. This is all set in the steel age. How do you even justify having warriors in a steel based army using an inferior metal for their weapons and armor? It's like having babylonians or egyptians runnign around. it's nonsensical.

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 01:41 AM
I mean he used an exception to the rule argument. he didn't prove me wrong. There's an exception to every rule, it's a dumb argument to make. It's akin to someone saying humans can run up to 20 MPH and this guy come sin like "Yeah but Usain bolt did 28." It's just annoying.

And it does correlate to our world. The whole story is that the world was as we know it, until there was a cataclysmic earthquake. Hurr Durr fantasy is a dumb argument too. Just cuz it's historical fiction doesn't mean there's Roman Centurian runnigns around one thousand year later lmao. Plus, they use ****ing bronze. This is all set in the steel age. How do you even justify having warriors in a steel based army using an inferior metal for their weapons and armor? It's like having babylonians or egyptians runnign around. it's nonsensical.

They use bronze? Do you know something I don't? We haven't seen what equipment they are using. They could very well be using steel. Just because they look like Roman Centurions doesn't mean they are stuck in 200AD while everyone else is in the 11th-16th century. Fantasy argument can still be used here, because, ya know, fantasy universe.

Edit - Knights appear to be from the 13th-14th century. Vikings only existed from the 800-1066AD. The Samurai are wearing Sengoku Period (1467-1603AD) armor. So no, "The whole story is that the world was as we know it, until there was a cataclysmic earthquake." this game is riddled with fantasy elements.

Edit 2 - On your first point - This isn't an exception. Look at the history of ninja/shinobi in Japan. They were widely used. They were only deemed "dishonorable" by some samurai, because they were mostly peasants who would challenge the rigid structure and hierarchy of the samurai.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 02:02 AM
I mean if it's a roman, it uses bronze. if it doesn't use bronze, it isn't a roman. pretty simple. if I gave a WW2 soldier space marine armor, is it still a WW2 soldier? lol That seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Knights and Vikings existed in the same period, and while it wasn't likely, they very well could have run into each other. The last Norse invasion of England happened the same year as it's conquest by Norman knights. (1066) Knights were introduced in France around the 970s. Some places had knights as early as 950s. By 1000 they were very much the kind of aristocratic knights we envision.

As far as the samurai are concerned, the armor could easily be Kozane dou gusoku style which is pre-Sengoku period.

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 02:14 AM
I mean if it's a roman, it uses bronze. if it doesn't use bronze, it isn't a roman. pretty simple. if I gave a WW2 soldier space marine armor, is it still a WW2 soldier? lol That seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Knights and Vikings existed in the same period, and while it wasn't likely, they very well could have run into each other. The last Norse invasion of England happened the same year as it's conquest by Norman knights. (1066) Knights were introduced in France around the 970s. Some places had knights as early as 950s. By 1000 they were very much the kind of aristocratic knights we envision.

As far as the samurai are concerned, the armor could easily be Kozane dou gusoku style which is pre-Sengoku period.

You're the only one stating that they are Romans. The class could just be called Centurion and could be some offshoot of the Knights. Again, they don't need to be Romans to look like Roman soldiers.

The opening cinematic for the game shows knights in plate armor during the cataclysm. Norman Knights were using chain mail. You and I both know plate armor didn't become a thing until the late Middle Ages.

For Samurai - it could very well be both. The armors shown in game are between pre-Sengoku and Edo period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX1QgJZXE7k opening cinematic.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 02:20 AM
Well, the trailer also starts all three factions with much earlier technology than they're at 1000 years later where the game picks up. Gotta remembers that. and the average knight in the game does wear chainmail, it's jsut the players who use full plate.

and the silhouette looks exactly like a centurion. Let's take a look at the character in question: https://assets.vg247.com/current//2017/01/for_honor_season_pass_gold_deluxe.jpg

He's clearly wearing an open face helm, and his armor seems to be a pic between bronze and leather like the Roman centurions wore. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... The entire concept as presented just realyl stands out like a sore thumb within the Knight ranks.

JTWDK
02-20-2017, 02:21 AM
I mean if it's a roman, it uses bronze. if it doesn't use bronze, it isn't a roman. pretty simple.
Uhm, what? Both Lorica segmentata and lorica hamata are made using iron. Their primary swords such as the gladius and spatha were made using steel. The roman empire lasted for quite some time, bronze wasn't in any way all they used.

CF_Alrik
02-20-2017, 02:21 AM
A ninja would not seem wrong to me. The peacekeeper herself seems to be some sort of assassin as well which would not necessarily correlate with a knights code of honor, yet they do not seem out of place within the faction.
However i dont like the idea of Romans, no matter how plausible it may be in a fantasy setting. It just doesnt seem to fit with the other characters and would majorly break immersion for me.

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 02:25 AM
I was talking about specifically during the cataclysm. The knights that are in their castle watching the ground quake around them are in plate armor. Even the Warden fighting the Raider and Kensei is wearing plate, just not a full set.

I'm sure they'll end up making the centurion look like he belongs within the faction. I doubt they'll have him be an exact replica, and if they did that would be silly. For all we know those are just teaser/placeholder images to get people talking and excited for a centurion/ninja for season pass sales.

JenpaiSama
02-20-2017, 02:29 AM
To me it sounds as if you're having difficulty grasping the concept of this game being a fantasy based setting. :confused:
You stating that the argument of it being a fantasy world is invalid, again its a fantasy game. You want historical accuracy go play Total War's Historical battles or something. You came into this game knowing very well that there would be fantasy based game play here.

Cheers Stubbamoto on your facts my dude. :D

Triskele1987
02-20-2017, 02:43 AM
For Honor is a Fantasy World with Fantasy History. So maybe Romans had an Alliance with Knights or Vikings or whatever.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 02:45 AM
it's not a fantasy game though. it's h istorical fiction. There's no magic, no monsters, etc. Just cuz it's set in medeival times doesn't mean it's fantasy lol.

JTWDK
02-20-2017, 02:50 AM
it's not a fantasy game though. it's h istorical fiction. There's no magic, no monsters, etc. Just cuz it's set in medeival times doesn't mean it's fantasy lol.
Where on earth is the faction map supposed to be then?

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 02:50 AM
It's post-cataclysmic earthquake. Hard to gauge.

Edit: Shot in the dark though? Georgia or Khazistan area.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 02:54 AM
Just because there aren't monsters or magic doesn't mean it's not fictional. Sorry, but this is a fantasy world. I would guess a developer would say it is not our Earth that the game takes place on. Did you not see the Orochi class video? It straight up says the Orochi have been taught to fight by the Ninja Clans. So clearly the samurai are okay with using the ninja in this setting, regardless of how you feel real world samurai would think about it. As for the centurion, in the 3rd knight mission there is an observable that tells you the knight legions were founded by an order called centurions. So the centurions being connected to the knights are already in the fluff. Pretty easy to imagine there might still be a hidden enclave of centurions who decide to join the fight.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:01 AM
you keep using fiction and fantasy interchangeably. Lord of the Rings is fantasy, Inglourious Basterds is historical fiction. There's a big difference. This is historical fiction, not fantasy.

FailOfHDDVD
02-20-2017, 03:02 AM
This is a fantasy game in terms of "history"

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:05 AM
"Fantasy is a fiction genre set in an imaginary universe, often but not always without any locations, events, or people from the real world. Most fantasy uses magic or other supernatural elements as a main plot element, theme, or setting. Magic and magical creatures are common in many of these imaginary worlds."

Please stop.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 03:10 AM
Ok cataclysmic world where vikings, samurai, and knights of different time periods interact. Seems like an imagined universe to me. "Often but not always without," so the fact that there are some real world terms means it can still be a fantasy setting. "Most" fantasy uses magic. Ok most, this one doesn't so can still be fantasy. Magic and magic creatures are common but I don't see it saying it is necessary. So you're definition you provided doesn't rule this game out as a fantasy game. Why don't you go a head and stop with your alternate history crap now?

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 03:13 AM
This is an imaginary universe, though. You and I already talked about time-traveling vikings fighting plated knights. We don't know where in the world we are since these three civilizations got mashed together. We had a catastrophic event that caused this scenario that never happened in real life. Magic and monsters isn't the end all be all for fantasy genres. What you quoted even states, "often but not always..." and "Most...". It doesn't state that fantasy requires magic or dragons, just that they are common in the genre.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:13 AM
go back to page one. This was already discussed. Not different time periods, you just don't know your history.

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 03:17 AM
There was a 400+ year difference between Vikings and the types of knights shown in the game - so yeah, theres a time difference... not to mention samurai existed until the 1800s.

Exactly, which I already stated much earlier. I don't understand why he thinks Norman Knights = Late Middle Ages Knights. No where in history does it state the Vikings were around during the Hundred Years' War when plate started becoming widely used.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:20 AM
That's more because there can be magic without monsters, or monsters without magic. But not having any of the traits common to the fantasy genre, it's hard to agree it's fantasy. its' set on Earth, it's set with real locations on earth, the cultures in the game are close to the real life cultures. The cataclysm is the only argument you ahve for fantasy, and it's not strong at all. It's closer to sci fi than fantasy.

and I already stated that the majority of knights wear chain in this game, it's just the players that wear plate. Plate was around back in the roman times, it was just bronze plate. It's not like the technology didn't exist, it just cost hella money back then.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:23 AM
BRUH, the knights at the beginning are not late middle ages knights lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g6GGoTxvGzk#t=98 that's not full plate. Stop being condescending, I have a real argument that you're just dismissing. You want to discuss let's discuss, you want to try and act like I don't know what I'm talking about, **** off.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 03:26 AM
OK, what locations from Earth can you point to as evidence? Show me proof that this is really Earth. Plenty of fantasy have cultures "close to the real life cultures." The cataclysm isn't my argument. I think it was a fantasy setting before the cataclysm. Or, do you think an order of Centurions lead to the creation of the Legions of Knights? Every knight I have seen wears some sort of plate. If you are talking about the minions, those aren't knights, just foot soldiers. You also completely ignored the fact that the games story supports both the inclusion of ninjas and centurions. Sorry it's not what you like but it's already there.

teksuo1
02-20-2017, 03:28 AM
i just hope for some male class that gives the same kind of feeling PK does.
I want to be a male rogue and they only allow me to be this fancy girl -.-

JenpaiSama
02-20-2017, 03:28 AM
you keep using fiction and fantasy interchangeably. Lord of the Rings is fantasy, Inglourious Basterds is historical fiction. There's a big difference. This is historical fiction, not fantasy.

When in Gods name did Hitler get shot up by a buncha redneck covert ops men?

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:29 AM
There was a 400+ year difference between Vikings and the types of knights shown in the game - so yeah, there's a time difference... not to mention samurai existed until the 1800s.

This is all wrong! The last Norse invasion happened the same year as the Norman knights conquest in England. 1066. Knights were around as early as 950. The 400-year difference my ***. and you are straight up wrong about the Samurai. Pre sengoku, which Stubbamoto agreed the samurai armor is a mix between pre sengoku and sengoku armor, is way WAY earlier. ****, sengoku period ends in the 1600s. I don't know why you feel so confident in what you're saying, but you are just wrong on all accounts.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:30 AM
OK, what locations from Earth can you point to as evidence? Show me proof that this is really Earth. Plenty of fantasy have cultures "close to the real life cultures." The cataclysm isn't my argument. I think it was a fantasy setting before the cataclysm. Or, do you think an order of Centurions lead to the creation of the Legions of Knights? Every knight I have seen wears some sort of plate. If you are talking about the minions, those aren't knights, just foot soldiers. You also completely ignored the fact that the games story supports both the inclusion of ninjas and centurions. Sorry it's not what you like but it's already there.

You skip over the fact that the game takes place 1000 years after the cataclysm. Watch the video I linked, knight is wearing chain. I already took a shot at the game being set in the georgia and Khazistan area, I can't really do more than that though. and where does the story include centurions and ninjas? I've played through the story mode, no mentions of either?

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 03:31 AM
So the Norman knights wore plate?

FailOfHDDVD
02-20-2017, 03:31 AM
Revenge mode is quite fantasy, just like magic where you get supernatural power

JenpaiSama
02-20-2017, 03:32 AM
Revenge mode is quite fantasy, just like magic where you get supernatural power

True that home boy

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 03:32 AM
I've seen the video several times. Where in that video does it provide proof this is our Earth. You make the claim, you must provide the evidence to back it up.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 03:34 AM
Also in the video, she is clearly wearing a plate on her chest and back. Also, her. Clearly not our time period if its a her fighting as a knight.

forrest0755
02-20-2017, 03:35 AM
I thing a Ninja armed with a Shoge Hook could be an interesting class, as long as they arent too powerful. A class like that could easily be used to jsut spam light attacks too fast to really block

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 03:39 AM
Did you do all the observables. It's in the third knight mission. Most are hard to find, especially if you're just playing through the missions to get through them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6kLY2LFBeA watch this video. Trailer for the Orochi about 46 seconds they mention the Orochi use lore taken from the ninja clans. So evidence that the samurai in this setting are okay with using ninja.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:41 AM
Everyone saying the minions are footsoldiers are making an assumption. They are never differentiated as not knights, samurai, or Vikings. The entire faction is called knights, samurai, or Vikings.

Zwagg, I provided the video for chainmail evidence. And you want me to explain if the normans wore plate? Come on. The video shows each faction at it's lowest tech and advancing over one thousand years. How is this such a hard concept to grasp?

Revenge is more like an adrenalin surge, which has been documented to give mothers enough strength to lift a car. Like, nothing in this game is supernatural. Why do you guys want ninjas and centurions so bad? They really don't fit into the game. They don't make sense culturally, and the centurion doesn't make sense historically. The fact that I can make valid arguments with the vikings, knights, and samurai being in the same time period, but you can't make any sort of argument like that for the centurion is proof enough that it doesn't belong in this game.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:43 AM
Also in the video, she is clearly wearing a plate on her chest and back. Also, her. Clearly not our time period if its a her fighting as a knight.

But it's the time period that the whole story starts as. it suggests that this started in the same time period as the norman knights. They had breastplates. Even the greeks had breastplates. Why wouldn't the normans? to clarify, the knight int he video is wearing breastplate with chain, which is compeltely somethign the normans would have worn.

JenpaiSama
02-20-2017, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=GTCSeventhSon;12338180]Everyone saying the minions are footsoldiers are making an assumption. They are never differentiated as not knights, samurai, or Vikings. The entire faction is called knights, samurai, or Vikings.

Like... my dude take a friggen look at the difference in not only physic but what style of equipment they have. Not to mention they are literally trashmobs that go down in one hit. You can't seriously consider them the real Knight/Samurai/Viking? Yes they are part of the Faction, but only as foot soldiers aka minions

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=GTCSeventhSon;12338180]Everyone saying the minions are footsoldiers are making an assumption. They are never differentiated as not knights, samurai, or Vikings. The entire faction is called knights, samurai, or Vikings.

Like... my dude take a friggen look at the difference in not only physic but what style of equipment they have. Not to mention they are literally trashmobs that go down in one hit. You can't seriously consider them the real Knight/Samurai/Viking? Yes they are part of the Faction, but only as foot soldiers aka minions

Assumptions. They're also about half our height. are we giants?

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 03:47 AM
Zwagg, I provided the video for chainmail evidence. And you want me to explain if the normans wore plate? Come on. The video shows each faction at it's lowest tech and advancing over one thousand years. How is this such a hard concept to grasp?

It shows during the cataclysm knights standing in their castle trying to run for their lives wearing plate armor. Even the Warden is shown wearing plate, just not a full set. They did this to show the factions locked in an age of warfare for centuries.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:48 AM
It shows during the cataclysm knights standing in their castle trying to run for their lives wearing plate armor. Even the Warden is shown wearing plate, just not a full set. They did this to show the factions locked in an age of warfare for centuries.

She was wearing breastplate, which the normans had breastplate.

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 03:49 AM
But it's the time period that the whole story starts as. it suggests that this started in the same time period as the norman knights. They had breastplates. Even the greeks had breastplates. Why wouldn't the normans? to clarify, the knight int he video is wearing breastplate with chain, which is compeltely somethign the normans would have worn.

https://britishheritage.com/weaponry-norman-arms-and-armor/

Here's an article on Norman weaponry and armor. Normans did not use plate armor. They wore mail hauberks. Steel plate as we see in the game/opening cinematic didn't appear until 400 years after the Norman Conquest of England. Funnily enough, Normans were descendants of vikings raiders who raided France, eventually settled, and gained land/lordships.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 03:55 AM
https://britishheritage.com/weaponry-norman-arms-and-armor/

Here's an article on Norman weaponry and armor. Normans did not use plate armor. They wore mail hauberks. Steel plate as we see in the game/opening cinematic didn't appear until 400 years after the Norman Conquest of England. Funnily enough, Normans were descendants of vikings raiders who raided France, eventually settled, and gained land/lordships.

Here's what she's wearing. with the exception of those plate leggings, everything else is very within Norman technology. The chest part isn't even breastplate like I thought: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AoEsil7DlH9uyQbP8mNBF5xVVHaS

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 03:57 AM

http://www.medievalists.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/bayeux-tap.jpeg Here is an image of the Bayeux Tapestry which is a contemporary source of the invasion of the Normans. It shows Norman knights. Can you please tell me if this contemporary record shows the Normans wearing plate at all? They all seem to be wearing some sort of chain coat. No plate to be seen. Also it's not a hard concept to see they are showing technological advancement in the video. But, that doesn't mean the video is showing that it is set on Earth. Just shows that some how these 3 factions are terrible at technological advancement.

Stubbs-N7
02-20-2017, 03:58 AM
Here's what she's wearing. with the exception of those plate leggings, everything else is very within Norman technology. The chest part isn't even breastplate like I thought: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AoEsil7DlH9uyQbP8mNBF5xVVHaS

She's wearing a Coventry Sallet. That helmet wasn't created until the 15th Century. Also, the various plate armoring on her legs and one arm. Normans did not have access to this technology at the time.

Edit: Might not be a Coventry, eye slit is too wide. Sallet helms in general didn't appear until the 15th Century.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Lol dude keeps ignoring the evidence in his own video. OP go back and watch your video from about :20 to :30. That shows the cataclysm you're talking about. And it shows knights in full plate armor.

teksuo1
02-20-2017, 04:02 AM
you all need to calm down with the realism... i mean i'm pretty sure a shugoki type of character never existed (and if they did i'm pretty sure they didn't start one hit killing people when they were angry, or homerunning knocked down folks 20 yards away for that matter)

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 04:04 AM
She's wearing a Coventry Sallet. That helmet wasn't created until the 15th Century. Also, the various plate armoring on his legs and one arm. Normans did not have access to this technology at the time.

I already addressed the leggings, the helm I had kind of missed, IDK why. all the same, what it looks to me is that they were trying to convey the very early beginnings of the knights, which would actually be french not Norman, but that's a tangeant and the mismatched armor of the knight in the beginnign is makign me realize trying to assign a specific age to any faction is fruitless. The kngiht is a frontline infantryman dressed like a 13th or 14th century crossbowman. But that's where the historical fiction comes in, the timeline of technology seems to have been blurred a bit.

Delectable_Sin
02-20-2017, 04:06 AM
This game isn't the least bit historically accurate anyway. Knights clad in full plate were not around during the Viking age. The English were still in chain mail, and basically easy prey, when they met the Norsemen. The Japanese ended up in full plate too, so yeah, no historical accuracy in this game at all.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 04:07 AM
Lol dude keeps ignoring the evidence in his own video. OP go back and watch your video from about :20 to :30. That shows the cataclysm you're talking about. And it shows knights in full plate armor.

I'm ignoring the beginning because they're just footmen, I thought those weren't indicative of real knights in the game? Or is that only when it suits your point?

I_am_a_robot
02-20-2017, 04:08 AM
its not suppose to be historically accurate you know....its a made up world

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 04:13 AM
I believe the fight of the 3 over the water is showing after the cataclysm. Perhaps it's showing lesser armor because it is a post apocalypse type deal. Scrounged together whatever they could find and is still usable sort of thing. If it's those 3 before the cataclysm, where the heck on Earth are these 3 randomly running into each other in what looks like a desert?

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 04:16 AM
I believe the fight of the 3 over the water is showing after the cataclysm. Perhaps it's showing lesser armor because it is a post apocalypse type deal. Scrounged together whatever they could find and is still usable sort of thing. If it's those 3 before the cataclysm, where the heck on Earth are these 3 randomly running into each other in what looks like a desert?

I've just come to understand that the cataclysm somehow brought Japan, Scandinavia, and England together. it's also possible that the Vikings are from Iceland, as they all speak Icelandic. Which could mean that somehow ENgland, Japan, and iceland got move around and came together to form one continent. Where it's located would tell us why the climate is as it is.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 04:16 AM
So the clear Conqueror who falls off the platform is just a footman? Literally none of them are footmen. You just want them to be because you're ego keeps getting battered and you can't seem to handle it. And why are footmen in full plate but the knight isn't? You aren't even making logical arguments anymore. Just randomly swinging and it makes you look like Trump.

GTCSeventhSon
02-20-2017, 04:24 AM
I'm going to stop. I've been nothing but polite and sticking to the point, then you just randomly start throwing insults. I don't have an ego, I'm a devout Buddhist. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you're "battering my ego." What it sounds to me is that someone is trying to feed their ego from this argument, and projecting how they would be feeling were they in the shoes that they are percieving me to be in. I am no less happier than I was before I posted this. Good day.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 04:38 AM
Lol polite? If people act like you don't know what you're talking about they can **** off? Sure is polite of you. Don't care what religion you are, doesn't mean you're a good person. You were repeatedly shown evidence that your take in Norman knights wearing plate was incorrect but just kept arguing instead of admitting the mistake. Just kept going like everyone else didn't know what they were talking about and you were the expert. To me, that is someone whose ego doesn't allow them to admit a mistake. Perhaps you just prefer your "alternative facts?" Don't care about you being happy and don't care about your day. I can't wait to play Ninja and Centurions and while playing them enjoy the fact that their inclusion bugs you :D

Vordred
02-20-2017, 05:38 AM
well the thing is, the whole pop culture idea of a ninja is complete fantasy anyway. ninja's weren't mythical warriors. any one could be a ninja, it's basically a spy, a lot of them wouldn't even know how to fight, some were regular people, so might have been former samurai.

they were basically there to spy, spread misinformation, were taught how to sabotage buildings, and yes sometime for assassination.

but the pop culture black clad assassin style ninja is a myth.

teksuo1
02-20-2017, 05:42 AM
well the thing is, the whole pop culture idea of a ninja is complete fantasy anyway. ninja's weren't mythical warriors. any one could be a ninja, it's basically a spy, a lot of them wouldn't even know how to fight, some were regular people, so might have been former samurai.

they were basically there to spy, spread misinformation, were taught how to sabotage buildings, and yes sometime for assassination.

but the pop culture black clad assassin style ninja is a myth.

PSA: Ninja's = social engineering pros

TheCadian_
02-20-2017, 05:53 AM
Honestly I would be really disappointed in the development team if the new character from the Knights was a Centurion... mainly because I feel like that clashes with the aesthetic of the faction as a whole, not because I am unable to recognize this as a fantasy universe.

Personally I'd rather see something with a simple two handed spear for the Knights in the vein of the Nobushi or Valkyrie with simple chain mail and a steel cap (though I'd have no idea how to design it to be unique).

Another idea is that of a man at arms in a gambeson with a small shield like a buckler or heater shield and war war-hammer.

A monk with a quarter staff might make sense too from the outline of the characters.