PDA

View Full Version : Faction War for a newbie such as myself.

Blightrose
02-20-2017, 12:46 AM
Ok so I finally started playing some PvP and it's great fun but Im quite puzzled as to how it actually works. Im pledged to vikings, so when I win vikings do well, right ?
How does the game determine who Im fighting against ? I thought it would be players from the other factions but I was teamed with a guy in 1 match and then against him in the very next match, so how does it actually work ?

rcwd
02-20-2017, 01:30 AM
anyone can play any character, when you play you get war assets to put in a territory, when in the lobby after the game there is an option to "deploy assets" if you dont deploy them they get distributed among all the territories equally

Blightrose
02-20-2017, 01:39 AM
anyone can play any character, when you play you get war assets to put in a territory, when in the lobby after the game there is an option to "deploy assets" if you dont deploy them they get distributed among all the territories equally

Ok cool, so I can play against other viking supporters ? Thats a little weird IMO, would have beem nice if it was really Vikings vs Knights vs Samurai.

rcwd
02-20-2017, 02:05 AM
Ok cool, so I can play against other viking supporters ? Thats a little weird IMO, would have beem nice if it was really Vikings vs Knights vs Samurai.

yeah you can play against other supporters, it would've been nice if they did that but it also wouldve extremely restricted what characters people can play. It is surprising however that you dont get a small boost to war assets for playing your factions correlating characters.

Blightrose
02-20-2017, 02:14 AM
yeah you can play against other supporters, it would've been nice if they did that but it also wouldve extremely restricted what characters people can play. It is surprising however that you dont get a small boost to war assets for playing your factions correlating characters.

It would have required quite a bit of extra balancing ofcourse but that is how I thought it worked at first and yeah I agree, would be nice if playing the thematic heroes at least did have a little impact.

Blightrose
02-20-2017, 02:44 AM
I still think there should be one mode in which you have to fight as characters from your faction, and in that mode you earn the war assets for the faction war.
Just one mode, wouldn't have to completely change the game or anything.
Would make a lot more sense and give a lot more meaning to the war.
Dont see it happening though.

Yeah would be nice because the current system doesnt make much sense. If both me and my opponent can be playing for the same faction it doesnt matter who wins or loses and that devalues the game. It would mean in some circumstances my faction would be better off with me losing because my teammates could all be from the other factions.