PDA

View Full Version : Never have I ever

Drekle
02-20-2017, 12:23 AM
Said F* this game as many times within the first week of buying a AAA title. You F*'ed up hard by breaking Guard Break Counter and now the game is a cheese fest.

WistyAro
02-20-2017, 12:27 AM
As much as people complain about it in it's current state, it is still entirely possible to counter GB every time. Ragers make it out to be more broken than it actually is

Zv1k0
02-20-2017, 12:31 AM
As much as people complain about it in it's current state, it is still entirely possible to counter GB every time. Ragers make it out to be more broken than it actually is

Funny cause i couldnt do it first days of release at any cost but through out weekend it got a lot better and i just might master it just before they change it back. Probably wont be an issue cause if I fail i do it too fast anyway so..not a big deal.

Drekle
02-20-2017, 12:38 AM

It is not. If you you dodge right before getting guard broke your guard break counter timing will not work

Fibrillous
02-20-2017, 12:55 AM

it is not. that is why it is broken. yes, if you get the timing, of course you can. BUT the window of where you can guardbreak "too early" comes up so fast that you can get punished for guardbreaking at the same time. or at least a quarter second after your opponent. But it wont be a reactive counter guardbreak. it will be you going for your own guardbreak and have it be considered as a counter guardbreak that is way too early and you will be guardbroken for a free hit. the current guardbreak system. is. broken.

UbiNoty
02-20-2017, 12:56 AM
As announced earlier, we'll be making changes to the current state of GB countering and it will be reverted back to beta behavior: read here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements).

Fibrillous
02-20-2017, 12:57 AM
It is not. If you you dodge right before getting guard broke your guard break counter timing will not work

I'm pretty sure that part is an intended feature. you can do anything mid dodge (unless you are orochi, etc.) so the guardbreak is used to counter dodging.

Astranger023
02-20-2017, 01:04 AM
You need to handle this as a fighting game, when you dodge you have recovery frames these are frames where your character is recovering of the move you just did and can't do any actions,when you dodge and are guard broken in those recovery frames you can't do anything about it.

WistyAro
02-20-2017, 01:13 AM
Well I'll be darned. Its true. You can't counter GB if you get hit by GB in a dodge. I'm personally pleased to know this since I feel like defense is too strong in this game to begin with.

As announced earlier, we'll be making changes to the current state of GB countering and it will be reverted back to beta behavior: read here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements).

I've seen the news regarding the change back to beta behavior, but i'm a little unclear on what exactly that behavior is. Will we be able to counter GB during dodge? is the window being expanded or just being moved?

Drekle
02-20-2017, 02:39 AM

I've read the patch notes. Any idea of when? :) No one knows...

KindMan2236
02-20-2017, 02:46 AM

Have you thought about perhaps creating a test environment on PC to test new changes and patches before they're pushed to the live version through QA on consoles and live on PC..? I'm sure there would be people willing to test new patches and provide feedback before a change goes live. It just seems counterproductive to push a patch out and it doesn't work out the way you had intended or you balanced a character uninetionally making them perform better than you had intended or creating new exploits in the process.

UbiNoty
02-20-2017, 02:54 AM
Have you thought about perhaps creating a test environment on PC to test new changes and patches before they're pushed to the live version through QA on consoles and live on PC..? I'm sure there would be people willing to test new patches and provide feedback before a change goes live. It just seems counterproductive to push a patch out and it doesn't work out the way you had intended or you balanced a character uninetionally making them perform better than you had intended or creating new exploits in the process.

I don't know if there are any plans for a PTE in the near future but I'll pass it along to the team and thank you for the suggestion! :D