PDA

View Full Version : Romans Will Have A Playable Hero (evidence included)

MYFATHERBEATSME
02-19-2017, 09:09 PM
I see a lot of people arguing over potential hero's to be introduced (On reddit and on this forum) and a lot of people seem to be caught up with the two in the front which look to most as a Roman and a Ninja.

The ninja is pretty hard to mistake, but a lot of people seem to be arguing over if this is a Roman or not and the evidence I have is that it is indeed a Roman.

The first thing that people argue over is the helmet. Some people claim that it isn't Roman because of the spike on the top and that Romans "didn't have spikes on the top of their helmets" but that is actually not true. The last major style of helmet to be used in mass by the Roman military was called the "Imperial Helmet" and it did indeed come with the spike on top.

Lastly the most important thing from the story that confirms it is in Chapter two of the Knight story. In the center of the map (Where B would be in multiplayer) there is a Eagle observable and to quote it:

"The Iron Legion traces its roots to a much older culture. An ancient empire lead by centurions believed to be lost in the destruction. They were not lost, I have met them" - Apollyon

This confirms Romans are present in the For Honor world.

AkenoKobayashi
02-19-2017, 10:25 PM
I'm more concerned for this rumor of pirates and cowboys...which my friend who works at Gamestop said she overheard it on one of their store TVs. Romans are acceptable...so long as they get a few chapters in the storyline. But cowboys and pirates are unacceptable. Pirates...since they have more melee weapons than cowboys, they are more acceptable...but I still don't like it. This is a feudal/medieval hack and slash game and throwing blackpowder weapons and colonial firearms in would ruin what makes this game as unique as it is.

Hogmin
02-19-2017, 10:28 PM
I'm more concerned for this rumor of pirates and cowboys...which my friend who works at Gamestop said she overheard it on one of their store TVs. Romans are acceptable...so long as they get a few chapters in the storyline. But cowboys and pirates are unacceptable. Pirates...since they have more melee weapons than cowboys, they are more acceptable...but I still don't like it. This is a feudal/medieval hack and slash game and throwing blackpowder weapons and colonial firearms in would ruin what makes this game as unique as it is.

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't really think any of that stuff matters at this point, considering we already have some fairly "unrealistic" things in the game. The firearms could simply be feats with a new skin, or something like that.

Braegulfer
02-19-2017, 10:28 PM

Wait...what are you on about?