PDA

View Full Version : Should Ubisoft add a leaving penalty?

ArlianDeBias
02-19-2017, 05:28 PM
The majority of games that I play have at least one or two leavers on the enemy team when they begin to lose. This is bad for multiple reasons, and should be penalized in my opinion.

Here is my solution:

Create a system where a players disconnections are recorded. I'm not counting internet disconnections, only "Exit To World Map" and ALT + F4 disconnections.

When a player reaches a certain threshold (eg; 4 disconnections within a 2 hour period) they are penalized by a leavers penalty.

This penalty could be a reduction in experience, loot or steel gained, and could wear off after a certain number of games are played without leaving. If the player continues to leave every game they play, they could be banned from playing for a short amount of time.

I think this would stop the majority of leavers who leave because they are going to lose a match.

What do you, the community, think about this? Do you think we should have a leavers penalty?

PackingMoney
02-19-2017, 05:29 PM
The majority of games that I play have at least one or two leavers on the enemy team when they begin to lose. This is bad for multiple reasons, and should be penalized in my opinion.

Here is my solution:

Create a system where a players disconnections are recorded. I'm not counting internet disconnections, only "Exit To World Map" and ALT + F4 disconnections.

When a player reaches a certain threshold (eg; 4 disconnections within a 3 hour period) they are penalized by a leavers penalty.

This penalty could be a reduction in experience, loot or steel, and could wear off after a certain number of games are played without leaving. If the player continues to leave every game they play, they could be banned from playing for a short amount of time.

I think this would stop the majority of leavers who leave because they are going to lose a match.

What do you, the community, think about this? Do you think we should have a leavers penalty?

They replied to a thread the other day about penalising rage quitters etc.

ArlianDeBias
02-19-2017, 05:31 PM
They replied to a thread the other day about penalising rage quitters etc.

Could you provide a link to the thread? I haven't found any official response from Ubisoft myself.

Gensui.Musashi
02-19-2017, 05:35 PM
How could they add such a system? 95% of the time its their fault because of this stupid connection

Derity
02-19-2017, 05:36 PM

Then people will just pull the network plug instead.

PackingMoney
02-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Could you provide a link to the thread? I haven't found any official response from Ubisoft myself.

I would have but it was like 3 days ago and I cannot remember the thread it was in, sorry.

ArlianDeBias
02-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Then people will just pull the network plug instead.

I believe that the fact that someone would have to wait between 1 and 3 minutes to reconnect to ubisofts servers after reconnecting their internet would serve as an acceptable punishment for anyone who would use this to skirt the system. This way, people with poor connection would not be punished, and people who disconnect their internet every time their leave would still be punished.

m1y4gi
02-19-2017, 05:46 PM
1st as i wrote in other threads, some rounds the server/session-connection for me is pretty far from ok. When i cannot even block a **** I leave those rounds, sure.
2nd As i also wrote in another thread, i want to finish my quest. When my quest says "ELIMINATION" and the game throws me into "SKIRMISH" i leave, sure i do! That's not my quest!
3rd Next thing, i cannot leave a round before it starts! This **** of a menu doesn't let me leave!
4th A game where i join a team which score is 100:800? There you want me to stay in? lol
5th At least, as long as they match up squads against randoms, pfff ....

Before Ubisoft doesn't manage to let players join where they WANT TO join or give them more options/fix the network it's absolutely ok for me to leave. I understand, that quitting because of loosing is an issue, but there is no way but to fix things first, before thinking about penalties.

ArlianDeBias
02-19-2017, 05:54 PM
1st as i wrote in other threads, some rounds the server/session-connection for me is pretty far from ok. When i cannot even block a **** I leave those rounds, sure.
2nd As i also wrote in another thread, i want to finish my quest. When my quest says "ELIMINATION" and the game throws me into "SKIRMISH" i leave, sure i do! That's not my quest!
3rd Next thing, i cannot leave a round before it starts! This **** of a menu doesn't let me leave!
4th A game where i join a team which score is 100:800? There you want me to stay in? lol
5th At least, as long as they match up squads against randoms, pfff ....

Before Ubisoft doesn't manage to let players join where they WANT TO join or give them more options/fix the network it's absolutely ok for me to leave. I understand, that quitting because of loosing is an issue, but there is no way but to fix things first, before thinking about penalties.

I respect your thoughts, and agree that some of the matchmaking issues are frustrating and need to be fixed.

In the system I propose there would be a certain number of disconnections which triggers a leaving penalty, so you only get penalized if you leave games repeatedly.

An example of the cap would be 4 disconnections within a 2 hour period. At this point, you're deemed to be leaving too many games and are punished. This cap can be raised or lowered depending on what the community and Ubisoft agrees is an acceptable limit of leaving games.

ArlianDeBias
02-19-2017, 07:22 PM
I would have but it was like 3 days ago and I cannot remember the thread it was in, sorry.

That's no problem, I hope Ubisoft makes an official thread for this issue.

celesteapi
02-19-2017, 08:12 PM
but did you realize the possibility that 95% of the time some one 'leaves' that they just get disconnected?
they need first better servers and then you can talk about people leaving and do some thing about it.
i said in another threat that i get messages from children callin me out for ***** for leaving the match AND I NEVER LEFT 1 MATCH!!!
THE SERVERS ARE THE PROBLEM AT THE MOMENT.

NukeOfficial_
02-19-2017, 09:37 PM
In the system I propose there would be a certain number of disconnections which triggers a leaving penalty, so you only get penalized if you leave games repeatedly.

There have been some times where I just wanted to play a nice fair round of Dominion but got placed into running games that were as unequal as it can get (for example the Nr.1 in the team had a K/D 0/4, or when I actually played a Game out I get something like 2-6 and still am first in the Team, even though I joined 5 mins after Game start).

Ubisoft HAS to fix their Game before doing ANYTHING else. Even if they would have like 6 Heroes, 20 gearpieces and a hundret more additions, they have to stop everything and fix their Game or it will be dead before the end of this Year (Dead in this case meaning only a small dedicated group of players playing for their Faction).

ArlianDeBias
02-22-2017, 11:41 PM
but did you realize the possibility that 95% of the time some one 'leaves' that they just get disconnected?
they need first better servers and then you can talk about people leaving and do some thing about it.
i said in another threat that i get messages from children callin me out for ***** for leaving the match AND I NEVER LEFT 1 MATCH!!!
THE SERVERS ARE THE PROBLEM AT THE MOMENT.

I agree, the current matchmaking system and peer to peer isn't ideal, but remember that this leaving penalty won't be affected by internet disconnections.

Only disconnections by choosing "Exit to World Map" in the menu and pressing ALT + F4 on your keyboard will be counted.

This issue is only getting worse. Every game I play there is at least two leavers on either team, which cascades into more leavers or the game crashing to the world map. This needs to be addressed, Ubisoft.

Braegulfer
02-22-2017, 11:47 PM
I agree, the current matchmaking system and peer to peer isn't ideal, but remember that this leaving penalty won't be affected by internet disconnections.

Only disconnections by choosing "Exit to World Map" in the menu and pressing ALT + F4 on your keyboard will be counted.

This issue is only getting worse. Every game I play there is at least two leavers on either team, which cascades into more leavers or the game crashing to the world map. This needs to be addressed, Ubisoft.

I completely agree with this as well. Currently this is my only major issue with the game. The p2p system is not working as intended at all, and I would currently categorize it as an unmitigated disaster.

rafiqul84
02-22-2017, 11:47 PM
they have to add dedicated servers first, the disconnects are they're fault and not the player bases.

itsPlanB
02-22-2017, 11:49 PM
When they ACTUALLY fix the disconnection issues I'll revisit this request. Until that happens its moronic to think that you're punishing someone who just gets kicked because the connections are trash. 14 of 16 matches this morning I was booted from. One of them I had just gone on a 4 kill streak and was about to finish off another guy and ..... Poof. Dashboarded. Connection Problem.

Here is my solution:

When a player reaches a certain threshold (eg; 4 disconnections within a 2 hour period) they are penalized by a leavers penalty.

This penalty could be a reduction in experience, loot or steel gained, and could wear off after a certain number of games are played without leaving. If the player continues to leave every game they play, they could be banned from playing for a short amount of time.

i K33L n0085
02-22-2017, 11:54 PM
I agree with the original post, but I don't think there should be a penalty for leaving before a game starts, or as soon as you join and see the enemies gear level. If For Honor's crap matchmaking system pairs me with an enemy team with broken gear levels, I'm backing out. Because I can't learn anything when the the only reason I'm getting my *** kicked is my opponent has ridiculous stats.

Initiii
02-22-2017, 11:55 PM
What about the STRG+ALT+DEL combo? Killing the process via terminal is also a piece of cake. What if you get disconected by the P2P error or what so ever? Not sure the game can keeps tracking of how you disconnected. Other than that: Look at other games. Mome of them punishes player who leave a normal game where the controll is taken over by a bot.

ArlianDeBias
02-23-2017, 12:03 AM
When they ACTUALLY fix the disconnection issues I'll revisit this request. Until that happens its moronic to think that you're punishing someone who just gets kicked because the connections are trash. 14 of 16 matches this morning I was booted from. One of them I had just gone on a 4 kill streak and was about to finish off another guy and ..... Poof. Dashboarded. Connection Problem.

It's frustrating when people quote my original post but didn't actually read it, especially the part I bolded (for good reason).

I will say it again: Internet disconnections will not count in the system I am proposing. The only disconnections which will count is when someone presses the leave button because they are losing, which seems to be happening every game now because there is no downside to doing so.

ArlianDeBias
02-23-2017, 12:07 AM
What about the STRG+ALT+DEL combo? Killing the process via terminal is also a piece of cake. What if you get disconected by the P2P error or what so ever? Not sure the game can keeps tracking of how you disconnected. Other than that: Look at other games. Mome of them punishes player who leave a normal game where the controll is taken over by a bot.

A popular game, Overwatch, handles this quite well and is what I based my original system on. If you disconnect by client choice (pressing ALT + F4, using the menu, etc) it is counted, but if the server fails it does not. If a game which has a bigger community than this one can handle such a system, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work here.