PDA

View Full Version : High Tier Revenge builds Break the Game - Perfect Example

Ragnar---
02-19-2017, 12:40 PM
So I just came across this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx2-i7mJyR4 This just doesn't seem right to me. I haven' gotten to this partof the game were gear is a massive issue but if this is what awaits me then I want a 4v4 mode with no gear stats.

Varicose_Veins
02-19-2017, 12:44 PM
It's ludicrous, and pay-to-win ruins the game.

SuperMmeee
02-19-2017, 12:57 PM
::::D are u serious pal? clueless ytuber uploads clueless content and u join the clueless train. First of all im doing 1v4 fights and winning everygame so this 1v2 is nothing. Second this game is named For honor, so if u try to play numbers game u will get trashed and I love it bcs it encourages 1v1 behaviour in all modes. Third of all, only apes and newbs get ****ed by R. If ur not on ur first 20hours and havent figured out the revenge modes purpose and how to play against player using R, Im gonna have to ask you to turn ur brains on bcs ur obviously trying ur hardest to not to understand.

Ragnar---
02-19-2017, 01:05 PM
::::D are u serious pal? clueless ytuber uploads clueless content and u join the clueless train. First of all im doing 1v4 fights and winning everygame so this 1v2 is nothing. Second this game is named For honor, so if u try to play numbers game u will get trashed and I love it bcs it encourages 1v1 behaviour in all modes. Third of all, only apes and newbs get ****ed by R. If ur not on ur first 20hours and havent figured out the revenge modes purpose and how to play against player using R, Im gonna have to ask you to turn ur brains on bcs ur obviously trying ur hardest to not to understand.

You think it is ok to get revenge so quickly in a 1v1?, that's a very interesting opinion. Personally for me I don't think a player should be able to even get revenge during a 1v1 fight, Revenge is there as an anti ganking tool, there is zero ganking in a 1v1. The fact you can ramp your gear so much to enable it like this is ridiculous.

KindMan2236
02-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Just replace the stats on weapons and armour with different stats, I agree I don't think equipment should give bonuses to revenge, just replace the stats with stuff like this.

-Walk Speed
-Max Health
-Max Stamina
-Throw resistance
-Regen Speed (Basically how fast you regen when in a base or on a allies standard)

Just an example of the variety you could have in replacing those stats.

Aeecto
02-19-2017, 01:20 PM
You think it is ok to get revenge so quickly in a 1v1?, that's a very interesting opinion. Personally for me I don't think a player should be able to even get revenge during a 1v1 fight, Revenge is there as an anti ganking tool, there is zero ganking in a 1v1. The fact you can ramp your gear so much to enable it like this is ridiculous.

FYI ... gear is disabled in duelmode!

KindMan2236
02-19-2017, 01:22 PM

He's talking about 1v1 in a dominion or elimination game, if you watched the video he linked you'll see that the Orochi is able to attain revenge from 1v1 in a dominion match.

SuperMmeee
02-19-2017, 01:24 PM
ok guys reminder time. Lets put aside the balance issues this trash yt is showing when he has 50 more item level. In higher level everyone has the option to run similar revenge gear, and then lets talk about other stuff. In theory if u fight assassin vs assassin u prbly should both have full dmg, so the fight doesent last long enough for u to get revenge, and if other player gets it and u dont, well he outplayed u tbh, bcs u let him farm up revenge in 1v1. If u notice urself spamming attack on block on high level gameplay, get gud or run to let revenge reset. Im on max gear and I can be killed before I get even half revenge in 1v1, by an assassin with 50 item level. Imagine if he had 108. Also there are just as "unbalanced" builda as revenge. What about max cdr? Max throw? Its preference.

SuperMmeee
02-19-2017, 01:29 PM
I have literally been carried across whole objective area to an instakill by various different players, imagine how much u would lose ur **** to see ytuber upload gameplay like that and call it op, those guys dont give single **** about how many revenges u can farm up in 1v1.

Ragnar---
02-19-2017, 01:34 PM

Apologies if it wasn't clear. I meant a 1v1 in a 4v4 gamemode.

Aeecto
02-19-2017, 01:44 PM
He's talking about 1v1 in a dominion or elimination game, if you watched the video he linked you'll see that the Orochi is able to attain revenge from 1v1 in a dominion match.

Open your eyes.... he got revenge because the second guy made an off-hit (off-hit = high revengeboost).... was a pretty smart move from that orochi to keep locked to his target!!!
Thatīs the reason why people shouldnīt join a 1vs1 and keep their distance, they mostly **** it up by either hitting your opponent or getting to close so he can lock on to them so you make the offhit for revengemode!

Tronny666
02-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Lol ubisoft lol their games. Pathetic

Ragnar---
02-19-2017, 02:37 PM
I encountered this in my game just now. That was not a fun experience at all.

NeoAnubis7
02-19-2017, 05:52 PM
Revenge mode is most definitely a problem in the way it is currently working in the game.

This is simply undeniable.

The only positive point of Revenge mode is that it encourages 1v1s, although, even using that argument as some sort of master beats all argument is a demonstration of complete obliviousness of game mechanics.

The problem of course only appears in games where gear actually works, and mainly on dominion while at that.

Removing Revenge is probably not an option no matter how unrealistic it is (there is already enough people whining about xv1s with it in the game, can you even imagine if it wasn't).

A single skilled person with a revenge build can currently completely neutralize a capture point, specially if it is one of the classes that can block on all sides, here is the point where an oblivious person would interject and say "then allow the player to 1v1 and do not interfere in the fight", although it doesn't take much effort to see that on 1v1 the fight might take a while if one of the players is playing defensively and during that period that point is completely blocked off, and the logical response of an ally helping kill said person is out of the question because Ubi decided to create a magical mechanic to allow players that are outnumbered a fighting chance (might as well add a wizard on one of the DLCs).

Now, I'm not exactly against Revenge mode existing, although, it needs either a cooldown or a rework, at the very least on Dominion..

Everyone has already been at both sides of that equation at this point, it is unrealistic (that goes without saying) and not a good way of encouraging 1v1s at all.

SirCorrino
02-19-2017, 05:57 PM
Those players were all really bad. And what you saw was a bunch of players all stacking attack at the cost of defense. Of course you take a ****ton of damage then.

NeoAnubis7
02-19-2017, 06:01 PM
The video is not exactly representative of the problem, it is a demonstration.

A player can still lock a point in a dominion in a match where everyone is at medium/high skill level.

SethUnleashed
02-19-2017, 06:12 PM
the problem isnt revenge mode alone... its a combination of stats like revenge-gain and pure damage etc.

there should only be buffs to non-direct damage on items and revenge mode should NOT be influenced by items at all (neither for def, attack, gain nor duration).

this takes the last bit of skill out of 4v4 modes that there might still is atm.

Gnarxly
02-19-2017, 06:16 PM
So I just came across this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx2-i7mJyR4 This just doesn't seem right to me. I haven' gotten to this partof the game were gear is a massive issue but if this is what awaits me then I want a 4v4 mode with no gear stats.

It's not just revenge it's orochi being op as is. And a bunch of what seems low skill players.

Ragnar---
02-19-2017, 06:25 PM
My suggestion would be to make Revenge mode unchangeable by gear or feats. Revenge mode should only be from getting ganked which is what I thought it was in the first place.

NeoAnubis7
02-19-2017, 06:33 PM
Getting revenge mode only from getting ganked would still be a problem.

Simply because a player with a good enough defense can LOCK OFF A POINT either by making a 1v1 fight last too long or by punishing xv1s, Revenge mode NEEDS a cooldown or a rework.

Gnarxly
02-19-2017, 06:39 PM
My suggestion would be to make Revenge mode unchangeable by gear or feats. Revenge mode should only be from getting ganked which is what I thought it was in the first place.

It's exactly how it works. Takes a lot of time to get revange in 1v1. Get another player trying to cheese on kill 2v1.. Boom revange!
Plus even if you do get revange in 1v1, it really is hardly a thing if oposing players actually played the game a few hours.

NeoAnubis7
02-19-2017, 06:57 PM
The problem with that is, the idea that xv1 is "cheese" is completely basic, and has no place in a discussion about Dominion.

There is a mode ingame for duels, on Dominion players should be able to capitalize on their victories, the only solution to this that could prevent xv1s is having 2 players to still be able to capture a point where a single enemy is, else that player would neutralize the point by simply focusing on his own defense and Revenge if an attempt at xv1 is made.

Ragnar---
02-19-2017, 07:14 PM
It's exactly how it works. Takes a lot of time to get revange in 1v1. Get another player trying to cheese on kill 2v1.. Boom revange!
Plus even if you do get revange in 1v1, it really is hardly a thing if oposing players actually played the game a few hours.

It's actually not all that hard to get revenge in a 1v1, it happens all the time mate.