PDA

View Full Version : get out while youre ahead

tonythatiger23
02-19-2017, 10:02 AM
WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!! I should have known when I saw Ubisoft was in charge of this game. Unfortunately I preordered digital in the xbox store. I have no desire to play this game. The mechanics are ok, balancing is crap, monotonous and repetitive from the first day, but worst of all is the community of players. I have never seen so many delinquent imbeciles in a gaming community in my life. Literally drains any fun out of it . Not to mention I guess I'm never going to receive all the extra content that I paid for. I don't even want the content, take this crap back and reimburse me a partial refund and ill be happy. I will NEVER preorder or purchase ubisoft extra content again. This game had SO MUCH potential, ubisht ruined a great concept, and will only get worse. why? Because Ubi sht doesn't give a crap about us!! Only care about filling their pockets. Ill be surprised if anyone still plays it in a month or two. You think theyre going to change anything any of us mention? They don't care!! They wont even reimburse me for my extra content I never received that I PAID for!! Couldn't even spare change for dedicated servers, went the cheap route for p2p. I'm lucky if I can even get in a game. And when I do, after waiting for 10 minute load times, I get dc'd anyway!!! They made their money on the hype with preorders and new release purchases. This game is headed for disaster. Get out before you buy ubisoft employees more luxury by shelling out money for this crap. I remember when online gaming used to be fun. Now its all about pay to win and trolling. Would be grateful for a partial refund but I better not hold my breath. Lame

Brave_Thunder
02-19-2017, 10:05 AM
Bye then.The game is great for many,if it isn't for you,search another one to enjoy.

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 10:13 AM
Having fun so far. Got my extra stuff too. Sucks you didn't like it. Later!

Love.Handle
02-19-2017, 10:19 AM
I love how people keep saying bye or later....This game isn't WoW with millions of subscribers.

In my honest opinion this game will be done in a month or two. There is really nothing to it.

If you just want to waive players away have at it.

RIP for honor you had a good run.

SwaggTheRoy
02-19-2017, 10:22 AM
The game is enjoyable for me. Maybe need some better Internet (http://bfy.tw/AB5k) ?

Brave_Thunder
02-19-2017, 10:24 AM
I love how people keep saying bye or later....This game isn't WoW with millions of subscribers.

In my honest opinion this game will be done in a month or two. There is really nothing to it.

What we should do,beg them to remain?Better to have 50000 players that enjoy the game rather than 150000 that play it just to ruin the fun of others.

tonythatiger23
02-19-2017, 10:29 AM

You're absolutely correct. It has what, an average of like 50,000 in its first week. Don't misinterpret , I LOVE the concept of the game. I have been counting down the days up to its release. But ubi sht delivered such a disappointment. This game has so much potential but ubi sht is and will ruin it. It's mechanics and balancing is complete crap. Majority of players just spam the cheap tricks for fast and easy kills and gank you to death with little regard of friendly fire. When you do fight somebody in a real fight, it is intense and mad fun. Unfortunately 90% of the fights are comprised of gb matches and spamming the same bash takedowns that knock you out over and over in a row until your dead or throw you ff the ledge. This game could be great if ubi sht would fix it. They wont though. If they were tht invested in this game they would have gotten it dedicated servers instead of p2p bs that allows you to finish one match an hour in the midst of all the dc's. Theres little substance and even less depth to this game. There are no particular goals that motivate you to put in oodles of hours and effort into it. I'll give it a month or two before its dead, if that.

Love.Handle
02-19-2017, 10:32 AM
What we should do,beg them to remain?Better to have 50000 players that enjoy the game rather than 150000 that play it just to ruin the fun of others.

A month from now you will have like 1k at peak.

The amount of players drops rapidly day by day.

Its because people learn that this game is about 1-3 moves. Its one of the most basic multiplayer games I have played.

Now did people think this would be on the level of a game like mortal kombat? No.

They went in here thinking this was a fun sword and board game only to realize its sooooo basic they cant stand it anymore. there needs to be a middle ground. not a 1-3 move ability spam.

Just watch what happens to this game a month from now. When all the hype dies out and people actually play the game and see what it is.

tonythatiger23
02-19-2017, 10:34 AM
The game is enjoyable for me. Maybe need some better Internet (http://bfy.tw/AB5k) ?

I have TWC 40mbps, more than adequate, its not my internet that's the problem.

Brave_Thunder
02-19-2017, 10:38 AM

Its because people learn that this game is about 1-3 moves. Its one of the most basic multiplayer games I have played.

Now did people think this would be on the level of a game like mortal kombat? No.

They went in here thinking this was a fun sword and board game only to realize its sooooo basic they cant stand it anymore. there needs to be a middle ground. not a 1-3 move ability spam.

Just watch what happens to this game a month from now. When all the hype dies out and people actually play the game and see what it is.

By that logic,Lol should be dead by a long time,since every hero has only 4 abilityes and pretty much a mandatory build at a given patch.Yet it's still one of the most played games out there(sure it's free,but it can't be denied as a esport).What should we have more than this in a sword game?We have tanks,assassins,classes with ranges...If people don't want to work on their mechanics,then they are free to leave,it's annoyng to just win a game in 5 secs anyway.Time will tell for sure.

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 10:43 AM

Never played CoD then?

Love.Handle
02-19-2017, 10:44 AM
ONE good thing ill say about for honor.... Is that whoever marketed this game needs a raise. The hype and the let down....What a rollercoaster its been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTIPQdlLKTA

notorious879
02-19-2017, 10:53 AM
I buyed an XBOX One S last week, for a game, elite dangerous. That was already a mistake cause i had this game on my computer wich have a 5stars comp, so i dont know why i think it should be more fun on xbox one.

That was my first mistake, by the times i was dissapointed by elite dangerous, i tought i could somehow make my money worth by buying for honor on it. And this was my second mistake, i had fun the first 2 days ( I'm currently unemployed so i reached real quick rep 3 ), then i understanded the gameplay wich is super ****ing basic, i'm not a fps god, far from it, but i'm already the king in dominion, as someone say earlier, this is 3 step gameplay nothing more complicated; and then one talking about duel and skill should seriously reconsider themselves, cause really, this is super easy for me, and i never play fps i'm a big **** on it.

Then, before reaching rep 3 and learning from others that i will have to do the same ****ty grind on all, for absolutly cosmectic reason, i buyed, season pass, and upgraded to deluxe edition, and spend 25 € in steel.

So this game is my biggest **** ever, i feel like being grinded by a big, hairy, sugar daddy ripping my *** hard.

Do NOT keep playing this game. No point.

Spectre_198
02-19-2017, 10:56 AM

Though I don't agree with much of what he was saying, he's right about Ubis cheap route for multiplayer. Im currently on campus and I cannot play the game due to the fact that the ports required to be able to play online holds security risks and are thus blocked by the campus' firewall.

The division works completely fine, R6 Siege' multiplayer is a little slow but it still functions without hiccups , but in For Honor I cannot connect to a single person nor can I even play a custom match with all bots leaving only the Campaign (which we all have to agree was less than stellar) and Duels with bots. I had a chat from Ubi support talking about the issue and it is complete **** on their end, replying was that there was no way of fixing it.

xxgregotaurusxx
02-19-2017, 10:58 AM
agreed 100% OP, Ill be giving it up to a month but if there isnt some decent balance changes that foster a healthy meta with decentish pick diversity and good reform on guardbreak,dodge interactions then im definitely out too. not to mention the network stability stuff

*EDIT* Also as notorious alludes to the freemium BS grind stuff also needs to F*** off

notorious879
02-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Better internet?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6065275509.png

With Green Nat and keep being disconnected one game on 3. Dare you to tell me is from my connection side.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2017, 11:05 AM

I've played plenty of games in my life time that players would call dead or dying using the same attitude you have.
The only games i've played where the multiplayer actually died was bullet storm and avp.

Even if it drops to a peak of 20k peak players on average for console I can basically promise you pc will always have a good crowd. and 20k is still plenty of players to keep the game going.

RatedChaotic
02-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Even when the population hits 0 I'll still have good fights with my son. No loss on my end.

Braegulfer
02-19-2017, 11:16 AM
Funny, the more I play the more I learn and the more complex the game becomes. This is by FAR my favorite online comp game ever. The depth, the skillcap, and the fun that comes with completely dominating my opponent through skill and superior decision-making is so freaking gratifying. Sure there are warts, as with all games, but ******* am I having a blast. The people whining about no skill, are, I would wager, not very good at the game and getting increasingly frustrated by getting owned and not being able to figure out why. As the cream rises the curd falls away...and THAT is why you will see a diminishing playerbase until it stabilizes with skilled players, there is no middle-ground. The predators are rising and having a blast, the prey are realizing this. Some of them understand they don't have the time/reflexes/skill to compete and bow out with little fanfare, and some make a big deal out of their denial of badness and create whiny threads to garner support and justify their terribad self-delusion and weak justifications.

Tocki92
02-19-2017, 12:05 PM

Same people said that about rainbow six siege. Nobody will play that longer than 6 months. And where are we now? The community is bigger than before haha.

Furholden
02-19-2017, 12:45 PM
As much as I agree that ubisoft pumps out games with little customer care, they absolutely manage to turn that around completely like for example The Division. After patch 1.6 everything runs like a dream and mind you, Division is a game that I ran a mile from at launch.

Give them time. I'm excited about the future of For Honor because this game has immense potential. The people who whine about it being a fighting game with only 2 buttons are probably scrubs who get destroyed because of that mentality. This game has way more depth than it looks and I agree with one user above me who posted that you learn more about the game the more you play it.

Spartan4131
02-19-2017, 02:02 PM
Funny, the more I play the more I learn and the more complex the game becomes. This is by FAR my favorite online comp game ever. The depth, the skillcap, and the fun that comes with completely dominating my opponent through skill and superior decision-making is so freaking gratifying. Sure there are warts, as with all games, but ******* am I having a blast. The people whining about no skill, are, I would wager, not very good at the game and getting increasingly frustrated by getting owned and not being able to figure out why. As the cream rises the curd falls away...and THAT is why you will see a diminishing playerbase until it stabilizes with skilled players, there is no middle-ground. The predators are rising and having a blast, the prey are realizing this. Some of them understand they don't have the time/reflexes/skill to compete and bow out with little fanfare, and some make a big deal out of their denial of badness and create whiny threads to garner support and justify their terribad self-delusion and weak justifications.

lol. what? "...to garner support and justify their terribad self-delusion and weak justifications". "predator/prey" "Cream and Curd" >< I think you just like to hear the sound of you're own voice bud, but keep doing you. (maybe you're in single player) The fact remains this game is broken with constant revenge builds OP'n other players. I think you might be in denial but have fun with that. Unless you're only play single player maybe your skill with AI is great but in multiplayer Dominion is nothing more than a group of people running around to a single player and just cuttin' them down with no 1v1 or 2v1, it just turns into a hack and slash. There is no honor in the players of this game, there is no depth, this game is not complex at all with the basic combos, its just people gravitated towards the OP builds and it is evident on multiplayer. Where is the skill and superior decision making in a 4v4 game when people are just goon the other guy like a mob? I dont mind getting killed by people who give a good fight; but to try to stand on some pedestal and attempt to poorly tout that everyone complaining about the game is because they suck and you don't (with pretentiousness) is pathetic.

Brave_Thunder
02-19-2017, 02:05 PM
lol. what? "...to garner support and justify their terribad self-delusion and weak justifications". "predator/prey" "Cream and Curd" >< I think you just like to hear the sound of you're own voice bud, but keep doing you. (maybe you're in single player) The fact remains this game is broken with constant revenge builds OP'n other players. I think you might be in denial but have fun with that. Unless you're only play single player maybe your skill with AI is great but in multiplayer Dominion is nothing more than a group of people running around to a single player and just cuttin' them down with no 1v1 or 2v1, it just turns into a hack and slash. There is no honor in the players of this game, there is no depth, this game is not complex at all with the basic combos, its just people gravitated towards the OP builds and it is evident on multiplayer. Where is the skill and superior decision making in a 4v4 game when people are just goon the other guy like a mob? I dont mind getting killed by people who give a good fight; but to try to stand on some pedestal and attempt to poorly tout that everyone complaining about the game is because they suck and you don't (with pretentiousness) is pathetic.

What you search is in duels.No gear,no ganks,it's a pure skill matchup.

Spartan4131
02-19-2017, 02:10 PM
What you search is in duels.No gear,no ganks,it's a pure skill matchup.

I do enjoy the duels section but I'm sure like many we purchased the game to play with our friends, and it really only feels like you got half a game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater (but that guys post pissed me off) becauseI feel bad for people who waited for this game, thought it was gonna be good, bought the deluxe or gold edition and haven't received anything yet either. It's sad because we're always let down like this but we don't learn either. Then we try to defend what isn't there with these games companies. This is game waiting for a steam sale.

Balovil
02-19-2017, 03:00 PM

On prime time (late-evening and on weekends) it has around 90k players on PC, 100-130k on PS4 and around 100k on XBOX1.
Thats not bad, i would even say it's impressive. Of course, the first month will be crucial in how they adress certain glaring balancing (and some other) issues.
I would even say, if they improve it further, it has the potential to even get a bit bigger still. You may or may not have your (partly legitimate) gripes with the game, but
your emotionality and negativity is clouding your judgement a litte bit. Just a guess, lol.
If the improvements of The Division and R6:Siege are anything to go by, i would say FH doesn't have a bleack future.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-19-2017, 03:22 PM

"I dont like the game, therefore it will die."

tonythatiger23
02-19-2017, 09:34 PM
On prime time (late-evening and on weekends) it has around 90k players on PC, 100-130k on PS4 and around 100k on XBOX1.
Thats not bad, i would even say it's impressive. Of course, the first month will be crucial in how they adress certain glaring balancing (and some other) issues.
I would even say, if they improve it further, it has the potential to even get a bit bigger still. You may or may not have your (partly legitimate) gripes with the game, but
your emotionality and negativity is clouding your judgement a litte bit. Just a guess, lol.
If the improvements of The Division and R6:Siege are anything to go by, i would say FH doesn't have a bleack future.

Not sure where you get your numbers from, but at any given moment you can see how many players are online "worldwide", the max ive seen stands around 150k total, that's cross platform. Which even so isn't that bad of a crowd.

Player skill is not my btch. I win plenty and I also lost plenty, which is acceptable. My problems are connection issues which is not due to my internet whatsoever, has to do with ubis cheap route out of p2p. p2p was never that great, so not sure why ubi would go this route except to save a dime.

Dueling is fun yes, and I enjoy duels, but why would I pay all this money just to play the dueling game mode when numerous others are offered? Yes I like duels, but I also like large scale battles. The large scale battles, also including npcs, I think are the coolest part of this game. Unfortunately its broken. The majortity of the community is imbeciles and like I said earlier, only care about winning and k/d at any cost. They will spam op cheap tricks relentlessly until they do so. Grab is way op and needs overhaul, they should've added a cooldown to gb for sure. Some gb knock you out followed by an unblockable combo or heavy attack. rinse and repeat until you're dead...and that's just one example. blocking a gb is near impossible, you need to push the button at the same time your opponent does in order to do so. Or they just run around as a pack and gang rape single players in seconds. I don't care how "skilled" you are, there is no way to take on 3-4 people surrounding you with these mechanics. I like the realism of quick deaths because that's how it is in real life. however this isn't real life. Waiting 10 minute load times and incessant dc's just to be gangraped repeatedly in a matter of seconds is not fun to me.

With that being said, when you are lucky enough to link up with decent players who all out battle and don't cut to cheap shots, it is mad fun and very rewarding, even if you lose. Even when I lose a good fight I am pleased, unfortunately that's few and far between.

Not to mention I still have not received the additional content I paid for in preorder and an extended edition.

AgentCelt
02-19-2017, 09:38 PM

the problem is the game should be done already. why should people pre-order a game and then wait for patches and updates before they get the game they thought they were paying for?

Spectre_198
02-26-2017, 10:48 AM
WORST part about this game is that its not really failing (or on the verge of failing) due to gameplay or content, its due to the devs' lack of well...everything. There are a number of glitches and issues yet there hasn't been a single big update to fix them, they cut corners and went cheap with their "original" P2P connection, heavily marketed parts of the game only to have them be one dimensional (Looking at Apollyon), added micro transactions right out of the gate for a standalone title (big sin), and then never answer their player bases' issues. Fun game getting killed by the people who made it