PDA

View Full Version : Gear Should Supplement Gameplay, Not Dominate It

Varicose_Veins
02-19-2017, 06:09 AM
It's getting pretty cheesy in Dominion - simply too much happening with all the cumulative Gear effects and it detracts from the core of the gameplay...endless lights and sounds going off and constant non-stop revives, buffs, explosions revenges etc.

Visually as well it feels a bit overwhelming.In my humble opinion it all needs toning down. The affect of Gear should be subtle.

The more serious players on Twitch are already steering away from Dominion and some are asking if there will be a Gear-free Dominion mode in the future.

Kargion
02-19-2017, 06:46 AM
Gear doesn't really affect Dominion....lights and sounds is not gear thats feats....do you mean feat free?

Masked_Yurei
02-19-2017, 06:49 AM
The effect of gear on combat is pretty minimalistic in comparison to the effect of abusive gameplay. A max level player will always get destroyed by a level one meta exploiter.

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 06:56 AM
But I love my sunbeam executions...

Delectable_Sin
02-19-2017, 07:01 AM
Gear not only has a minimal effect on gameplay, it usually hurts a player more than helps.

PandaCDN
02-19-2017, 07:23 AM
I think the main issue here with gear currently in Dominion is basically its revenge stacking. Once you get the higher tier gear Prestige 3+ with revenge duration, revenge gain by defense and revenge gain by injury you can constantly have it in fights, multiple times. You are putting yourself at a huge disadvantage if you dont spec this way. Its basically a massive revenge fest :p

And before someone jumps in and say just dont 2v1 a guy. It helps a little bit, but it really doesnt matter, if spec'd this way and are of equal skill 1v1 they will both get revenge AT LEAST once.