PDA

View Full Version : Cheater? (video)

Kav0rk4
02-19-2017, 12:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aISKzT6BAlY

coloss3070
02-19-2017, 12:17 AM
Why is he a cheater, cuz you abused guard break as heck and he already knew that and read you?

Kav0rk4
02-19-2017, 12:37 AM
Are you serious..?

You cannot counter a guardbreak after a parry, and you especially cannot counter a guardbreak after you already initiated a guardbreak, when your opponent did the same, only faster.

He did both of these things, guardbreak cancel after a parry 3 times actually.

Ryumanjisen
02-19-2017, 12:54 AM
Are you serious..?

You cannot counter a guardbreak after a parry, and you especially cannot counter a guardbreak after you already initiated a guardbreak, but the opponent did the same, only faster.

He did both of these things, guardbreak cancel after a parry 3 times actually.

You're right. Theorically you can't counter a GB after a parry. But perhaps the timing is so strict that nobody is able to do and this guy uses some kind of cheat program that allows him to counter automatically.

Butler96
02-19-2017, 01:39 AM
I don't think he is cheating. As far as I have noticed there are just some characters that can counter or can't even be reached after a parry if you gb. Kensei, conqueror charged side heavies and nobushi light attacks seem to be like this. So I think it more has to do with him playing Kensei, not cheats.

Kav0rk4
02-19-2017, 01:50 AM
I don't think he is cheating. As far as I have noticed there are just some characters that can counter or can't even be reached after a parry if you gb. Kensei, conqueror charged side heavies and nobushi light attacks seem to be like this. So I think it more has to do with him playing Kensei, not cheats.

I've re-created these conditions in a custom game, the guardbreak after parry is not techable.

It's not that easy to try it out yourself dude.

Keep in mind you do need to time the GB after the parry just right, if you spam it, it sometimes won't be untechable(I don't do this), or if you miss time it. But if you do that's clearly visible after you get used to it (not what happened in this video)

UbiNoty
02-19-2017, 02:03 AM
Since the topic at hand isn't really related to combat and/or strategy - I'm going to go ahead and move this to general discussion :D

Kav0rk4
02-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Does seriously no one care about this?

Since an Ubisoft member replied to this, did you report this or something? Where can I report it personally, besides in game (since I have additional proof of it)

Aeecto
02-19-2017, 01:37 PM
I already mentioned in another thread that there are severall cheatprogramms outthere.... hell, you can even use AHK scripts and makros with your keyboard for autoblocking, dodging, parry and gb-counter. There are even free tutorials for it outthere.
The sadest thing is easy-anti-cheat doesn´t detect or flag these programms since most gamers nowadays have a makro keyboard or use AHK for remapping buttons, so they´re legit.

These scripts are easily used because we got these damn indicators... if they´re turned off none of these scripts would actually work (hope ubisoft does it for ranked play... just like the realistic mode, so you have to read the movement of your opponent instead of watching white bars).

The only thing we can do is record and report them.... sadly!

And yes, the guy in the video is clearly using a script for gb-counter!

Kav0rk4
02-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Finally, someone that actually knows what's happening.

What a relief.

Anyway, is there a way to report this guy in a more detailed way? I feel like just doing it in game won't have too much of an effect, but I have proof in this video.

CaptainGelo
02-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Does seriously no one care about this?

Since an Ubisoft member replied to this, did you report this or something? Where can I report it personally, besides in game (since I have additional proof of it)
People care. There is internet, so there is also some morons who just try to wind people up.
Will Ubi do something about it? Dunno. Are they known for fixing stuff like that?

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Finally, someone that actually knows what's happening.

What a relief.

Anyway, is there a way to report this guy in a more detailed way? I feel like just doing it in game won't have too much of an effect, but I have proof in this video.

So you made a post asking people if they think it is cheating and then only accept the answer confirming what you thought. Why bother making a post if you already had the answer and were only going to accept one answer?

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-19-2017, 03:11 PM
People care. There is internet, so there is also some morons who just try to wind people up.
Will Ubi do something about it? Dunno. Are they known for fixing stuff like that?

People care, Ubisoft not care, remember that.

Kav0rk4
02-19-2017, 03:27 PM
So you made a post asking people if they think it is cheating and then only accept the answer confirming what you thought. Why bother making a post if you already had the answer and were only going to accept one answer?

Are you familiar with the scientific method?

I'm convinced this is a cheater, and until someone convinces me otherwise with logic, arguments and/or data in the form of telling/showing me that I'm mistaken about an in game mechanic, I'll stay convinced.

I thought this was clear from the start but apparently not so much.

People care, Ubisoft not care, remember that.

Can we stop it with the Ubisoft drama, it's seriously getting old.

coloss3070
02-20-2017, 10:31 AM
That's why you should play on console. PC is full of hackers and bad connections (their Torrent leaching clients are on while playing...)

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Are you familiar with the scientific method?

I'm convinced this is a cheater, and until someone convinces me otherwise with logic, arguments and/or data in the form of telling/showing me that I'm mistaken about an in game mechanic, I'll stay convinced.

I thought this was clear from the start but apparently not so much.

Can we stop it with the Ubisoft drama, it's seriously getting old.

Sorry Bruh, When can I read your article in a peer review journal? I'm sure the science of "is this guy a cheater because I think so," is fascinating :D

Aarpian
02-20-2017, 10:59 AM
Sorry Bruh, When can I read your article in a peer review journal? I'm sure the science of "is this guy a cheater because I think so," is fascinating :D

The guy is doing stuff that is thought to be impossible with our current understanding of the game, with 100% success rate. Seems like a pretty solid foundation for the accusation to me.

E-A-X
02-20-2017, 11:10 AM
So guess what? That guy uses the same cheats as the AI in this game already does, copy pasted. Every single fair player gets guardbroken after a parry, the only way to avoid that is to drop out of range.

GayForShugoki
02-20-2017, 11:43 AM
I already mentioned in another thread that there are severall cheatprogramms outthere.... hell, you can even use AHK scripts and makros with your keyboard for autoblocking, dodging, parry and gb-counter. There are even free tutorials for it outthere.
The sadest thing is easy-anti-cheat doesn´t detect or flag these programms since most gamers nowadays have a makro keyboard or use AHK for remapping buttons, so they´re legit.

These scripts are easily used because we got these damn indicators... if they´re turned off none of these scripts would actually work (hope ubisoft does it for ranked play... just like the realistic mode, so you have to read the movement of your opponent instead of watching white bars).

The only thing we can do is record and report them.... sadly!

And yes, the guy in the video is clearly using a script for gb-counter!

You, my friend, have no idea how scripts work. It doesn't read the indicator for the attack, it reads the attack animation and reacts accordingly.

Aeecto
02-20-2017, 12:16 PM
You, my friend, have no idea how scripts work. It doesn't read the indicator for the attack, it reads the attack animation and reacts accordingly.

Do your research right... the simple AHK scripts most people use scans for the red flash on the indicator and not for an animation since it's the easiest way to do.
Scanning for severall different animations all these different heroes do and the changing background the entire time is a lot harder and the error percentage is ridiculous high.
Checking for only 1 single colorchange (from white to red) at 3 specific locations on your screen is so easy, even the worst scripter can write it for AHK.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 12:36 PM
The guy is doing stuff that is thought to be impossible with our current understanding of the game, with 100% success rate. Seems like a pretty solid foundation for the accusation to me.

Don't play on PC if you want to reduce exposure to cheaters?

Aarpian
02-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Don't play on PC if you want to reduce exposure to cheaters?

Helpful and insightful comment. Very on-topic.

zwaggs33
02-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Helpful and insightful comment. Very on-topic.

Thanks I try. Click the thumbs up to indicate you found it helpful!

Songfire
02-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Been seeing this type of play happen since about Friday. At first I thought that they somehow ninjachanged how guardbreak and counter guardbreak works, but when I couldn't replicate the behavior myself, I began to have a sneaking suspicion that something was up.

R.I.P For Honor PC, if this doesn't get tended to... fast!

I'm wondering though, if the upcoming change to guardbreak fixes this issue?

KillCheapWarden
02-20-2017, 01:04 PM
I won't surprise cause I've seen more than this, don't want to spread it out, so much loser in this world want to know about it you know.

awolcz
02-20-2017, 01:32 PM
This is either lag caused by bad network architecture or a cheat. OP is right. Countering GB after being parried should not be possible under standard conditions.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Caught another one just yesterday, posting a video soon.

Feydakin_
02-20-2017, 02:36 PM
That's a cheater alright. I hope you reported him.

Does anyone know if Ubi is doing anything to combat these?

Kaijudub
02-20-2017, 02:39 PM
For the record, while warming up against a lvl 3 Shoguki bot i was continuously getting counter guard broken after parrying him. This is him with stamina and empty stamina, so i would assume this is with and without his unbreakable stance...

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 02:41 PM
For the record, while warming up against a lvl 3 Shoguki bot i was continuously getting guard broken after parrying him. This is with stamina and empty stamina, so i would assume this is with or without his unbreakable stance...

You're either spamming guardbreak after parry, or pressing it too late.

That, or the AI cheats, as reported by multiple people.

Danioku
02-20-2017, 02:44 PM
I've re-created these conditions in a custom game, the guardbreak after parry is not techable.

It's not that easy to try it out yourself dude.

Keep in mind you do need to time the GB after the parry just right, if you spam it, it sometimes won't be untechable(I don't do this), or if you miss time it. But if you do that's clearly visible after you get used to it (not what happened in this video)

Lately it's happened to me and to my enemys as well to be able to tech GB after being parryed. like a lot of times.
I thought this was possible (tech GB after being parryed) thanks to high lvl (18) Debuff Resistence gear but no.

I tested in custom with a friend with and without gears stats and the outcome is the same. Still unable to tech GB after being parryed.

So, since i dont cheat but still i was able to tech a GB after a parry, i guess it's a bug or something.

AzureSky.
02-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Its not a cheat, its a bug, i already explained it here ( http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1584086-Ubisoft-Free-Guard-Break-After-a-Parry-Bug-(Video-Included) ) also i made some tests, guess you can comment in the post and add kenseit to the exploitable list :P

Kaijudub
02-20-2017, 02:51 PM
You're either spamming guardbreak after parry, or pressing it too late.

That, or the AI cheats, as reported by multiple people.

If counter guard break isn't "possible" after a parry then it shouldn't matter how many times i press a button. I play with Warden so only really parry guard break when i'm in range i.e 20% of the time lol.

AlienMagi
02-20-2017, 02:59 PM
I'd like to confirm that this very same cheater is still playing the game, I just encountered him in the game with reputation 5 on a different character.
The cheater has already been reported days ago yet he's still happily cheating all over the game

Seems that Ubisoft is lying hardcore and doesnt actually give a single **** about the cheaters

DeLatv
02-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Where is the problem? Just quit the match.

Enough people will catch this on and every one will leave the battle, he will quit the game, cos nobody will want to play agianst him.

AlienMagi
02-20-2017, 03:16 PM

Enough people will catch this on and every one will leave the battle, he will quit the game, cos nobody will want to play agianst him.

Great solution. Bravo you ****in genius.

awolcz
02-20-2017, 03:18 PM

Problem is, that most people do not recognize cheat in the first place and secondly, this guy is cheating because he cares about win ratio. If you leave the match, he got what he wanted. You let him win. So instead of punishing cheaters, we will give them what they want? Does not seem to smart solution to me.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 03:40 PM
https://youtu.be/bB5CFkUDJaw

Tested this with level 3 bots.
Skip to 0:42 to see the kensei part.

Keep in mind I sometimes stupidly didn't followup after my guardbreaks, not considering that this might confuse some people, so to clear it up, they didnt tech/counter my guardbreaks a single time during testing!

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Second cheater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXEIycyPn0

I know this one doesn't seem as legit as the other one since he only does it once.
It's a shame I wasn't recording prior to this (only started after I realized someone was cheating, was streaming before that), but he did it 3 times in a row before I started recording.

Kav0rk4
02-20-2017, 05:05 PM

Actually I've been shunned both on the forums (at the beginning) and on the video itself (check the like/dislike ratio and the comment). People don't even seem to understand that a parry guarantees a guardbreak, so small chance they would notice it themselves.

Not to mention when I mentioned this to my teammates on voice (in the game where it happened) I was told to "shut the **** up, you noob, you sound autistic as ****".

It seems to me that the most effective way of getting this guy banned would be to somehow contact Ubisoft (in)directly and show them this video, which is what I hope I'm doing by posting this here, and this thread gaining some traction.