PDA

View Full Version : There needs to be some form of Punishment for verbal/txt abuse (on PC)

SeranaEclipse
02-18-2017, 05:44 PM
As the tittle say's.

The problem with only using the mute Feature is they are still in your game and you have no way to stop them either been an A** if they are on your team constantly hitting you and chasing you around or anyway to not be paired with the toxic people you are trying to avoid.

The fact i can not block them in 2017 is kind of a joke and With the matchmaking still pairing me with low lvl players (i am almost 4th Rep With max lvl heroic gear) i also get abuse from that and honestly i do not mind. i can deal with it. But i should not have to mute people every game to have a normal gaming experience.

I have been called all manor of things. Things i can not even say on here because i would probably be banned. Irony?

I have not taken any screenshots due to playing the game and have no way to take a picture besides 3rd party software that i would have to load up and by that time the message would have vanished. Not to mention the frequency of these things.

I really enjoy this game and have put a lot of my time into it. And i am guessing others with high lvl/geared characters have to deal with some of this as well. It ruins the experience.

P.S Trying to type in usernames to report is not easy when you have people with random or just plain weird names that are hard to type out or remember.

UbiVertigo
02-18-2017, 11:49 PM
Hi EclipticRomance - if you're playing on PC and using the Uplay overlay, you should be able to enable screenshots through the client. You can submit those screenshots by following the instructions here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026238/For-Honor-Report-a-Player-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/).

TripSin.
02-19-2017, 12:09 AM
lol, someone get this kid a safe space.

King_Of_Sorrow_
02-19-2017, 12:17 AM
Press F12 to take a screenshot in-game.

Prior_Heahmund
02-19-2017, 12:20 AM

After years of playing online games I know I have grown tired of all the crap that comes out of peoples mouths. It's not a need for a safe space, but a wish for a little human decency.

SeranaEclipse
02-19-2017, 01:02 AM
Hi EclipticRomance - if you're playing on PC and using the Uplay overlay, you should be able to enable screenshots through the client. You can submit those screenshots by following the instructions here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026238/For-Honor-Report-a-Player-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/).

Hi and thank you for the response. i will have to check as i did not know that was a feature.

SeranaEclipse
02-19-2017, 01:09 AM
After years of playing online games I know I have grown tired of all the crap that comes out of peoples mouths. It's not a need for a safe space, but a wish for a little human decency.

Yup. Because i only play one class you would not believe the amount of ''get a job/get a life'' comments at the start of every game. that besides the vulgar things. i was called the N word recently and that was new at least lol
Wish i knew i had screenshots at my fingertips then X.X

TripSin.
02-19-2017, 01:25 AM

I've probably been gaming longer than you've been alive little boy. Grow a pair.

KuroFurukou
02-19-2017, 01:31 AM
I've probably been gaming longer than you've been alive little boy. Grow a pair.

If you've been playing that long then that pair must have been really useless for you.
Grow a brain?

SeranaEclipse
02-19-2017, 01:44 AM

And here is another one. Calling everyone a child despite not knowing who is behind the computer/phone ect reading and talking.
You must be really popular.

P.s Rainbow Six on the Nintendo 64 was my first game. just in case you wanted to do the math on that.

Jarl.Felix
02-22-2017, 09:49 PM
I always wondered why people are getting so mad and claim " decency and exemplar behavior" in a GAME !
Even more, they go rampage and justice seekers for words like "noob, **** you, git good, ez" ...and their reason is that they are grown ups who played videogames since the dawn of their life and they are tired of this behaviors.. :))
I don't use those words, but really ? are you such a cry-baby ? Get over with ...

cawatrooper9
02-22-2017, 09:56 PM
I always wondered why people are getting so mad and claim " decency and exemplar behavior" in a GAME !
Even more, they go rampage and justice seekers for words like "noob, **** you, git good, ez" ...and their reason is that they are grown ups who played videogames since the dawn of their life and they are tired of this behaviors.. :))
I don't use those words, but really ? are you such a cry-baby ? Get over with ...

I think the point is that people who genuinely enjoy a game don't want the community to turn toxic. Hate to point fingers (mainly because I know little about the game), but from what I've heard, games like Counterstrike and League of Legends are horribly toxic places. Don't fault someone for wanting their game to not fall to that same fate.

Karfuss
02-22-2017, 10:06 PM

I'll be less blunt, but I agree to an extent.

This is a highly competitive game, with some quite buggy mechanics and peer to peer 'servers.' Some tempers will flare, as will respect be earned for good plays or intense games. If people are to be punished for "abusive text" then a clear distinction must be made between hate speech and trash talk (E.g. 'that was low,' 'no honor' or along those lines shouldn't be punishable, it could even be true).

If no distinction is made, then I agree with the notion that For Honor isn't a safe space and should remain that way. Mute, and move on.

PS - I don't even talk in-game.

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Don't let it get to you? There is a report function built into the Uplay interface and on consoles so what do you expect them to do about it? If you are not new to online gaming then this shouldn't be a culture shock for you.

Toast_Addict
02-22-2017, 10:14 PM
Embrace the salt..... let he hate flow through you!

that E-rage after 3 ledge throws in a row and 20 taunts is why I play.

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 10:16 PM
It amazes me how people let words rile them up so badly. Poor sensitive snowflakes.

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-22-2017, 10:19 PM
As a gamer you should be able to understand the ego that goes along with it if you have ever been in the competitive scene or just like to be good at what you are playing. Just because someone gets frustrated over some text after a match doesn't make them a "snowflake" it just means they take pride in their gaming skill and are frustrated because they were bested. We all do it at one time or another, no one likes losing when you are trying to be the very best, like no one ever was.

itsPlanB
02-22-2017, 10:19 PM
I love the guys who run their mouths about how old they are. This comment just made me laugh

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/23956092.jpg

My first game ever played was Oregon Trail on a Commodore 64.

Gretta_Blade
02-22-2017, 10:53 PM
My ZX Spectrum 48k says hello :D

I got you all beat, i played blackjack on ibm punch cards at my dads work. Beat that....and i got pong for christmas...beat that. The only thing that infuriates me is lack of attention to detail by the devs and the owners of a game. Its like, here is a big piece of crap, play with it, tell us whats wrong so we can fix it and make money while you monkeys play. Im a gamer not a computer programmer, you got my 60 bucks, hire someone to fix your crapload of game!!!

Braegulfer
02-22-2017, 11:14 PM
I've got everyone muted on PC, it's in the options. I don't want to hear from anyone who isn't my RL friend...I play videogames to unwind. I'm a hothead and I have thin skin so I'm easily triggered, which, I know, is exactly what those messing with me want. First day of OB, CB, and release I muted everyone on both teams. You want to tell me something, ping your body, or hit the need help dialogue-tree option.

UuckFubisoft69
02-22-2017, 11:31 PM
Lmfao triggered much?

If you really can't ignore dumb messages and just brush it off you should stop playing. Seriously.

All I read in this post is "wahhhh evwrybody is mean to me :("

Get real.