PDA

View Full Version : Vallyrie - pounce and downed opponents

Eleanor-Ripley
02-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the forward pounce attack seems to deal increased damage against downed opponents?

I did a sweep followed by the forward pounce last night and I could swear that the pounce alone took 1 intire bar out of the guys health. Tried it several times with the same result. Albeit against the same opponent, so chances are he just had very low defence.

But it would be a nice mechanicnif downed opponents in general take more damage from valkyries. Sort of our niche.

Dehumanizer86
02-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Never make any balance judgments on a fight with gear stats enabled. Given the right circumstances i can take off two health segments of an assassin character with one heavy in 4v4s while i barely take off one in 1v1 duels.

SethUnleashed
02-18-2017, 06:58 PM
tested to confirm -> definatly not true!

doing a light attack against a downed opponent is wasted damage.

any light attack (normals, pounces or light-parry-counters) all do the same really low damage.
the only thing that does more damage are chain-light attacks (2nd and 3rd in a chain deal increased damage each, but the increased damage is also very small AND landing 3 lights in a row is impossible against a decent player)

SwaggTheRoy
02-19-2017, 02:57 AM
Where are you getting this information ? As a Valk main I do not get a bar LOL probably less than half since sweep does no damage. Her lights aren't nearly doing that much damage alone on a downed enemy.