PDA

View Full Version : Conq and Shugoki nerfs?

GulagGoonOne
02-18-2017, 12:13 AM
First off I'd like to say no I'm not bad at the game and have no skill I know what I'm doing I've been playing since alpha and other testing realms.

Now to start off I wanna talk about the conqueror the hero is very simple and from what Ive played and seen he only has 1 combo to use BUT it's a ridiculous combo you can't get out of it and its easy to start the combo with the constant Heavy attack and Unblockable charge until stamina runs out. The reason why I would believe he needs a nerf to that combo is like I said before you can't get out of it now you can probably dodge the first heavy attack or parry it or even dodge the first unblockable interrupt/shove to prevent that combo but when it happens you can't do anything because of his heavy attack which you can block it just staggers you and so you can't dodge out of the way of his unblocklable interrupt. Thoughts?

As for the Shugoki It's more of matter over the sprint charge hitbox/range you can get ran over by a Shugoki from like 5 to 10 ft away and still get hit and get shoved back even farther without control over whether you can move or not.

Now these are the only 2 I see as a problem with "cheap atttacks" when it happens in combat otherwise every other hero to me seems okay.

*Note* I usually play Warden/Valk/Peacekeeper or Kensai

TheMalakith
02-18-2017, 12:16 AM
Assassins have no trouble to dodge the charge, but if you play something like a warden you'll get hit most of the time. It's a lot of cheese. Shugoki is just...i have no words for it.

Winneh
02-18-2017, 12:22 AM
Conc nerf, wtf!?
Dude, 1 dodge and you are out of it.

I play a conc. as main and i am having the most trouble when ppl know WHEN to dodge (any class, really)!

When facing a conc, you know after a heavy is a charge incoming for like 80% of the time, be prepared, adapt!

You are the first warden i see complaining about a conc lol

killerstar737
02-18-2017, 12:26 AM
no but if you get guy or girl that spams its just annoying

DovahkiinSuleyk
02-18-2017, 12:28 AM
Conc nerf, wtf!?
Dude, 1 dodge and you are out of it.

I play a conc. as main and i am having the most trouble when ppl know WHEN to dodge (any class, really)!

When facing a conc, you know after a heavy is a charge incoming for like 80% of the time, be prepared, adapt!

You are the first warden i see complaining about a conc lol

First Warden/PK I've seen complain about Shugoki too. Assassin classes can wreck the Shugoki. The Warden is good against them too. Comes into the forum with "I'm not bad and I know what I'm doing" and then complains about how one of the most telegraphed, slowest and easiest attacks to dodge in the game is cheap.

PotatoLord47
02-18-2017, 12:51 AM
Lol couple days ago ppl posted complaint of how Shugoki is UP. Things are changing pretty fast I guess.

TheRealNichivo
02-18-2017, 12:56 AM
I am not going to say Shugoki is OP. I will say however he is the only class I respect enough, to give plenty of space and save for killing last, because of the time and effort needed to bring his rotund tush down.

As for Conqueror. Your mentioning him made me want to ignore this thread for the obvious troll I thought it was. Conqueror OP best joke 2017! LOL

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 01:08 AM
First Warden/PK I've seen complain about Shugoki too. Assassin classes can wreck the Shugoki. The Warden is good against them too. Comes into the forum with "I'm not bad and I know what I'm doing" and then complains about how one of the most telegraphed, slowest and easiest attacks to dodge in the game is cheap.

Wardens have a relatively hard time dodging, because their dodges are very short.

I don't like conquerors. At least not the bots. Its their flail ... I simply don't get a feeling for their strikes and when to parry them.

DovahkiinSuleyk
02-18-2017, 01:15 AM
Wardens have a relatively hard time dodging, because their dodges are very short.

I don't like conquerors. At least not the bots. Its their flail ... I simply don't get a feeling for their strikes and when to parry them.
That's why Wardens deal with them another way. Their 2 hit light attack combo is fast enough to drop a Shugoki's uninterruptible stance and then interrupt whatever ability they are charging, be it Demon's Embrace or their charged heavy attack. Also while their dodge is slower, they can still dodge Demon's Embrace because I've seen them do it many times.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 01:19 AM
That's why Wardens deal with them another way. Their 2 hit light attack combo is fast enough to drop a Shugoki's uninterruptible stance and then interrupt whatever ability they are charging, be it Demon's Embrace or their charged heavy attack. Also while their dodge is slower, they can still dodge Demon's Embrace because I've seen them do it many times.

Yeah. Does not really work against bots though. They have perfect block, except when they are attacking. When I trade a double light to break the bots' armor buff, I will still get that heavy in my face.

Astranger023
02-18-2017, 01:24 AM
First off I'd like to say no I'm not bad at the game and have no skill I know what I'm doing I've been playing since alpha and other testing realms.

Now to start off I wanna talk about the conqueror the hero is very simple and from what Ive played and seen he only has 1 combo to use BUT it's a ridiculous combo you can't get out of it and its easy to start the combo with the constant Heavy attack and Unblockable charge until stamina runs out. The reason why I would believe he needs a nerf to that combo is like I said before you can't get out of it now you can probably dodge the first heavy attack or parry it or even dodge the first unblockable interrupt/shove to prevent that combo but when it happens you can't do anything because of his heavy attack which you can block it just staggers you and so you can't dodge out of the way of his unblocklable interrupt. Thoughts?

As for the Shugoki It's more of matter over the sprint charge hitbox/range you can get ran over by a Shugoki from like 5 to 10 ft away and still get hit and get shoved back even farther without control over whether you can move or not.

Now these are the only 2 I see as a problem with "cheap atttacks" when it happens in combat otherwise every other hero to me seems okay.

First of all i like to say you are bad at the game any class can dodge the shield bash and you are done, you can even counter attack because the next attack can't be blocked by the conq because he doesn't recover fast enough. Conq is one of the worst classes in the game his shield is easely dodgeable, the charge attack is the worst thing in the game as any decent player can see it from a mile away and block if not parry it. His satmina is very poor and his attacks even the lights are very slow and have mediocre range. Only thing the conq has going for him is that he gets a guaranteed guardbreak after a heavy block.

DovahkiinSuleyk
02-18-2017, 01:30 AM
Yeah. Does not really work against bots though. They have perfect block, except when they are attacking. When I trade a double light to break the bots' armor buff, I will still get that heavy in my face.

I'm not really fussed about what it's like against bots. That's how it's done in PVP which is the main focus of the game and that's what it will be balanced around.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 01:44 AM
I'm not really fussed about what it's like against bots. That's how it's done in PVP which is the main focus of the game and that's what it will be balanced around.

Why reply then?

Fact is, that there are boys in the game and they are a part if the multiplayer (coop) experience. Due to the perfect block of bots, it is actually very different to fight them. In some cases, it might be harder, than against players.
If you gave bits though, they better work and behave right and not nearly perfect. Their job is to mimic players and not gods.

Archo-Vax
02-18-2017, 01:47 AM

Shugoki? "Nerf"?! I've been playing Shugoki for the past three days- if anything, I think he needs a buff! Against Conquerors, other Shugoki, and Orochis, it's damn-near impossible to come out with a win.