PDA

View Full Version : There absolutely needs to be a leaver penalty!!

Rafter74
02-17-2017, 11:30 PM
I know, Ubisoft, that you think that there doesn't need to be a penalty because the people who leave are only hurting themselves, but that's horrible inaccurate. Due to the nature of the P2P connections every time someone leaves we get to pause 5 seconds and in the middle of a fight that's huge. On top of that if the host leaves you are just as likely to get kicked back to the UI than you are to get reset.

The game needs a leaver penalty to stop this stuff from happening.

PackingMoney
02-17-2017, 11:34 PM
I know, Ubisoft, that you think that there doesn't need to be a penalty because the people who leave are only hurting themselves, but that's horrible inaccurate. Due to the nature of the P2P connections every time someone leaves we get to pause 5 seconds and in the middle of a fight that's huge. On top of that if the host leaves you are just as likely to get kicked back to the UI than you are to get reset.

Someone replied to a post the other day stating they are looking to making a penalty.

Egotistic_Ez
02-17-2017, 11:37 PM
I don't see how they can add a leaver penalty. Between the network issues people keep reporting, not to mention the terrible matchmaking that makes people rage quit, they really need to fix their **** first.

jaka_lope
02-17-2017, 11:41 PM

sure, add a leaver penalty AFTER you split skirmish and elimination. i'm not going to sit in a skirmish match when i want to do elimination and finish my orders.

TucuReborn
02-17-2017, 11:44 PM
I don't see how they can add a leaver penalty. Between the network issues people keep reporting, not to mention the terrible matchmaking that makes people rage quit, they really need to fix their **** first.

Seems pretty simple to me. Add in a signal to their servers when someone chooses to leave a match. AS in, they hit the button to quit and Ubi immediately knows and can penalize them, or at least give them a warning.

Due to disconnections and P2P having issues, this would be the best way to handle it. Alongside that, they ought to have scaling penalties like other games.

Start out with a warning, and if they continue to quit they begin getting timeouts.

Start at five minutes, and if the issue continues it may scale up to an hour.

Then they pretty much have to finish their rounds instead of quitting, and don't punish their team.

Would you really keep ragequitting if you had to wait thirty minutes over ten minutes of gameplay you could have finished?

I'm not saying they shouldn't fix the issues, but it is completely possible to tell if they intentionally hit the quit button or not and penalize them for it.

Rhamez
02-17-2017, 11:45 PM

No thanks. With the amount of disconnects and network errors that this game has a leaver penalty is the last thing that needs to be introduced. It would be suicidal for this game to do so, as people would end up quitting because they get disconnected back to back and end up penalized over and over.

Seems pretty simple to me. Add in a signal to their servers when someone chooses to leave a match. AS in, they hit the button to quit and Ubi immediately knows and can penalize them, or at least give them a warning.

Due to disconnections and P2P having issues, this would be the best way to handle it. Alongside that, they ought to have scaling penalties like other games.

Start out with a warning, and if they continue to quit they begin getting timeouts.

Then they pretty much have to finish their rounds instead of quitting, and don't punish their team.

Would you really keep ragequitting if you had to wait thirty minutes over ten minutes of gameplay you could have finished?

I'm not saying they shouldn't fix the issues, but it is completely possible to tell if they intentionally hit the quit button or not and penalize them for it.

Then they just start alt-f4ing or cutting their net. Its either you blanket punish or people get around it. Both are bad.

Leon026
02-17-2017, 11:46 PM
Too many network issues. Getting penalized for ****ty netcode? No thanks.

Thanapetus
02-17-2017, 11:56 PM

When there is a system that allows me to block people to prevent me from playing with them ever again sure. Until then GTFO. I get tired of hearing Xx_budzrippah420_xX rip his bong and cough about how high he is.......

Or a teammate who decides mid match to start singing the German National Anthem...
Or Teammates who AFK......

No, dont remove my ability to bail in non ranked matches. Give me other options besides "take a 1v4"

signed
everyone who doesnt want to play esports

B3N--
02-18-2017, 12:17 AM
i agree, a system like in MOBA's can be nice (when the connectivity issue will be gone for the most part)

Pocket_Fox
02-18-2017, 04:08 AM
A leave penalty?

Considering people are not leaving the match of their own volition, it's a great way to punish them further.

Can't play the game due to poor P2P implementation? Here, have a penalty as well. Thanks for your 60USD to buy the game which you cannot play.

teksuo1
02-18-2017, 04:25 AM
i'm all for quitter's penalty ; but stop putting me in matches that already started.

Syllogy
02-18-2017, 04:27 AM

There's one major flaw in your solution: Alt+F4.