PDA

View Full Version : Weebs

Questing_Knight
02-17-2017, 03:53 PM
I'm sick to death of being matched against, and even with Orochis

I do dominion: 3 Orochis on my team. We lose because none of them stand and fight
I've done maybe 15 1v1 duels today. At least 40% of them were Orochis. It's ridiculous.

ArchangelREON
02-17-2017, 05:06 PM
that doesnt mean they are all "weebs" they might just like the character...

GreenRanger XI
02-17-2017, 05:34 PM
Orochi is so broken.

Fx2050
02-17-2017, 05:42 PM
weeb is such a nonsense word especially coming from people that physically look like vikings with the beard community

Print.
02-17-2017, 06:12 PM
Orochi is so broken.

If youre having trouble with them, I recommend this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU-EvylAaa0

Personally, I think they're about average; strong damage and good dash attacks, but predictable openers and pitiful throw distance.

GreenRanger XI
02-17-2017, 06:14 PM
If youre having trouble with them, I recommend this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU-EvylAaa0

Personally, I think they're about average; strong damage and good dash attacks, but predictable openers and pitiful throw distance.

I can't beat them and I rarely lose when I play him. I can be getting destroyed in 1v1 with another hero so I just go to Orochi to just get a win back lol. I don't know, I think he might just be an easy hero.

Vordred
02-17-2017, 06:26 PM
yeah i have played a game were i was the only non-orochi, all 7 other players picked Orochi.

one reason they are so popular, is they are pretty cheesy for a start. they have alot of chances for guaranteed damage.
but the Main one is because of how dodge works. currently you can dodge in any direction and be immune to everything except a guard break. this should not be the case, dodging into an attack should result in a hit. also runing out of stamina should result in not being able to dodge, or a very slow reduced dodge.

these thing combined with the Orochis kit (Peacekeeper is pretty close too) means you do not need to be good a the games fundimentals, like blocking parrys and such. as you can just press one button to avoid any attack, and his kit allows him to to never really engage in a fight, can just attack form distance and if it doesn't work they can just dodge out again. or dodge attack the return hit.

and if the attack does succeed, they have a guarenteed follow up.

Print.
02-17-2017, 06:26 PM
I can't beat them and I rarely lose when I play him. I can be getting destroyed in 1v1 with another hero so I just go to Orochi to just get a win back lol. I don't know, I think he might just be an easy hero.

His mobility and damage make him easy to pick up, that is true. But what ultimately matters, IMO, is a characters effectiveness when played by and against experienced players. And as far as that is concerned, the orochi seems to be merely above average.

ArchangelREON
02-17-2017, 07:50 PM
anyone can abuse gb though...

PaUZZze
02-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Agreed. I hate how he gets a free heavy attack when he guard breaks. You can block after a GB when other warriors do it, so why can't I block orochi's?

MrForz
02-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Agreed. I hate how he gets a free heavy attack when he guard breaks. You can block after a GB when other warriors do it, so why can't I block orochi's?

That's half wrong. Only a few classes are denied a free heavy attack, the Lawbringer, the Conqueror, the Raider too I believe. The rest can chain with a heavy attack just as well.

I'll also be honest, I don't know what's the big deal with Orochis other than people trying to be anime and not being excellent. A Warden will screw you just as badly with a GB abuse. The rest of the Orochi's kit is triggered through the use of a feint after some pressure.

PaUZZze
02-17-2017, 09:15 PM
That's half wrong. Only a few classes are denied a free heavy attack, the Lawbringer, the Conqueror, the Raider too I believe. The rest can chain with a heavy attack just as well.

I'll also be honest, I don't know what's the big deal with Orochis other than people trying to be anime and not being excellent. A Warden will screw you just as badly with a GB abuse. The rest of the Orochi's kit is triggered through the use of a feint after some pressure.

I disagree. You can easily block a wardens attack after he guard breaks you. If an orochi breaks your guard, then he gets a free heavy, you can't block it. However I have noticed other warriors able to do this, I'm assuming its the ones you mentioned but I swear I can block attacks from all three of the warriors you mentioned after they guard break me.

PaUZZze
02-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Oh wait your saying those three heroes don't get a free heavy? And all the rest do? Nah that can't be right either. As I said I can block wardens heavy when he GB's.

Godsplitter1991
02-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Rarely do I lose to orochis now. There's so damn many you get to practice against them all day. As such, you learn how counter them. Ones i worry about are the lesser played classes