PDA

View Full Version : WTF, 1-shotted by Shugoki?

sinfulomnicide
02-17-2017, 04:10 AM
So literally just 2 minutes ago i was dueling the same Shugoki. This was our third and last duel (as I was planning on leaving after 3 best of 5 fights) and it is the first duel of the set.

I was dominating the Shugoki, I haven't taken a single hit and he is at about 10% HP. At this point I was going to just do the double tap light attack and close the set. HOWEVER, the Shugoki charges me and catches me in his back breaker grab and it ONE SHOTS ME!

From 100% Life (I am using Orochi) to instant death by a Single Grab.

Here is the issue. He has done that grab on me several times and I have taken a decent amount of damage from it. Why in that instance did it kill me? It makes no sense. We continued those matches and he grabbed me about 2 more times during the course of 4 more fights and they never 1 shot me. They did about 2 bars of damage. So what changed?

Why did I get 1 shot when he was at 10% and all the other times he grabbed me he did only 2 bars? He wasnt in revenge mode so damage wasn't boosted. There was no environment to kill me on, I was killed by the attack animation from 100% HP but I still won the set.

Is there something I am missing or was it a bug?

Gaggles81
02-17-2017, 04:15 AM
If the Shugoki is on critical health it will one shot anyone.

Check his moveset, Demon's Embrace I think it's called.

sinfulomnicide
02-17-2017, 04:19 AM
If the Shugoki is on critical health it will one shot anyone.

Check his moveset,Demon's Embrace I think it's called.

Whoa Whoa seriously? I did NOT know that.

PanzerShrekonin
02-17-2017, 04:19 AM
Its in his moveset. It allows a one shot when hes in critical state.

Gaggles81
02-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Whoa Whoa seriously? I did NOT know that.
Yeah it seems a bit ridiculous but now you know, it's easy to be ready for it and dodge it. Most will try and go for it, so wait, dodge and finish him off.

PanzerShrekonin
02-17-2017, 04:22 AM
After he uses demons embrace and if he misses, theres a HUGE delay before he can move again.

sinfulomnicide
02-17-2017, 04:36 AM
Yeah it seems a bit ridiculous but now you know, it's easy to be ready for it and dodge it. Most will try and go for it, so wait, dodge and finish him off.

Well yeah in a duel that would be the way to go but in a 4v4 or something similar? Can you imagine getting to Critical killing your opponent and then staying at Critical, come from behind an enemy that is busy with your ally and then 1 shotting them and then rinse and repeat?

That seems pretty busted.

Nexuss94
02-17-2017, 04:38 AM
if hes on 1 bar or half a bar he will 1 shot you all day as many of the post above have mentioned

Gaggles81
02-17-2017, 04:52 AM
Well yeah in a duel that would be the way to go but in a 4v4 or something similar? Can you imagine getting to Critical killing your opponent and then staying at Critical, come from behind an enemy that is busy with your ally and then 1 shotting them and then rinse and repeat?

It's one of the most telegraphed moves in the game though, as people become more and more aware of it, it'll be a lot harder to pull off.

sinfulomnicide
02-17-2017, 07:34 AM
It's one of the most telegraphed moves in the game though, as people become more and more aware of it, it'll be a lot harder to pull off.

Its telegraphed but what I am saying is, the Camera when you are locked on will never show what is behind you. Meaning if I was in critical life and you were fighting someone with your back facing me. Suddenly I grab you and instant kill you from full HP.

Fact is this is 100% possible due to how the camera works.

I mean if been caught by random people popping up behind me out of nowhere so a Shugoki charge from the blind spot in my camera would be equally as easy.

Felis_Menari
02-17-2017, 09:05 AM
The entire way the shugoki's charging grab works bothers me more than anything in this game. Not that I've been hit with it, at least not the lethal version. But it bothers me that there's a move in the game that restores health, even in modes where there are no feats or power ups, and it bothers me just as much that it comes with a conditional instant kill that heals the shugoki to full. I don't care if it's not easy to hit with in 1v1; it should just be a power grab, and that's it. If anything, it should do bonus damage against stunned enemies, or those who are fatigued and slumped against a wall.

Allyrion8
02-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Its telegraphed but what I am saying is, the Camera when you are locked on will never show what is behind you. Meaning if I was in critical life and you were fighting someone with your back facing me. Suddenly I grab you and instant kill you from full HP.

Fact is this is 100% possible due to how the camera works.

I mean if been caught by random people popping up behind me out of nowhere so a Shugoki charge from the blind spot in my camera would be equally as easy.

There's a radar so that shouldn't be an issue. The charge distance isn't that far, actually.

FabulousManStar
02-17-2017, 09:36 AM
I feel like 1 shots shouldn't be in this game, regardless of their viability. Never a good mechanic to have.

Snow901
02-17-2017, 09:50 AM
I feel like 1 shots shouldn't be in this game, regardless of their viability. Never a good mechanic to have.

But, but Raging Demon though...

Mothsinger
02-17-2017, 09:56 AM
It's garbage. Shoguki himself is designed very poorly with his stance. Have fun even breaking through that with slower chars like Warlord.

xxgregotaurusxx
02-17-2017, 01:44 PM
funny you should say that,warlord in particular I believe is a great shugoki counter you can actually beat him at his own game by using your own heavy hyper armor attack to trade and move into a light follow up to break his hyper armor (slow as you are you are faster than shugoki).of course a good shugoki might still beat you but its a game of skill at that point.

you then just go to town on him with hits,guardbreaks,headbutts etc until hes dead or gets away, then you look to trade to get in on him again

its funny though i can almost feel the shugoki balls drop when you power through and start wombo-comboing him through a quick (ish) probing light attack

darksavior1977
02-17-2017, 02:58 PM

He can't stay at critical, the move heals him, probably among other reasons, to prevent that exact abuse.

darksavior1977
02-17-2017, 03:00 PM

I disagree, it keeps things from devolving into only one way to play, and it allows two people with good defenses to use environment, other options, feats, to break up a stalemate. Learn and adapt instead.

PunkPirateAFO
02-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Only problem I see with the move is the tracking can be weird sometimes. This might be a latency thing though which is never a good thing. Sometime even if you know the charge is coming and you sidestep with a slower character, one that usually has a larger hitbox, youll get hit.

Also, dont know how I feel about other people being able to hit the person being grabbed by this move or the lawbringers Long Arm and running heavy. I mean as someone who has played a lot of LB I feel dirty when my team decides to 100-0 someone in my Long Arm grab with heavy swings

AnnaFury
02-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Also worth mentioning about Demon's Embrace, that if you miss you'll lose about a third of your max health.. automatically >.<

Cryptic_Ophion
02-17-2017, 03:34 PM
After he uses demons embrace and if he misses, theres a HUGE delay before he can move again.

He loses about 40% health if he misses it too

warlorth
02-17-2017, 03:53 PM
the Shugoki is nothing but a gimmick character. IMO doenst fit in the game.
also his arrow storm feat is ridicolous. 1-hit feats are also a problem in the game.

DovahkiinSuleyk
02-17-2017, 04:11 PM
I see so many people complaining (not aimed at the OP I know you were just wondering what happened, but some other people in this thread and many other threads have claimed it's overpowered) about this ability and I feel I need to point out some stuff.

The Pros of Demon's Embrace
- It heals us and does a nice amount of damage
- If at critical health it will one shot anyone

The Cons of Demon's Embrace
-It's one of the most telegraphed moves in the game
-It's EXTREMELY easy to dodge
-If we miss with it we damage ourselves for a 3rd of our HP bar
-If we miss with it, in addition to damaging us, it takes a moment for us to be able to do anything again and leaves us open to attack.

The cons outweigh the pros, the ability is not as overpowered as people think it is and is quite well balanced. And the fact that people are beginning to wise up to it is making it increasingly difficult to land. If you do get hit by it it's on you.

As for other things that people have mentioned being OP, like uninterruptible stance, that also isn't as OP as you might think. Uninterruptible stance only lasts until we get hit once, with a light or heavy attack and then it has to recharge. After uninterruptible stance is broken we actually take increased damage, this is where the heal from Demon's Embrace comes into play, to deal with the increased damage we take and keep us in the fight.

All in all what I'm saying is the Shugoki is actually a pretty well balanced character and if anyone thinks he is OP I'd recommend playing him and I'm willing to bet you'd change your tune quite quickly.

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 05:07 PM
that sort of mechanic should not be in this game. gg ubisoft

WheepingSong
02-17-2017, 05:17 PM
that sort of mechanic should not be in this game. gg ubisoft

Not really, as demons embrace is awefully hard to pull off. At least at higher lvls of play. Also the 1-shot only happens when shugoki is at 1 bar health. 1-2 lights will kill him off anyway.

Shugoki is just a very high risk high reward charakter.

Felis_Menari
02-17-2017, 05:26 PM
I disagree, it keeps things from devolving into only one way to play, and it allows two people with good defenses to use environment, other options, feats, to break up a stalemate. Learn and adapt instead.

I guess I wasn't specific enough. I was referring to character move sets. Feats like the cannon blast naturally should obliterate its target(s) if it hits. Getting knocked off a cliff, or having someone smash you from above are all good as well.

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Not really, as demons embrace is awefully hard to pull off. At least at higher lvls of play. Also the 1-shot only happens when shugoki is at 1 bar health. 1-2 lights will kill him off anyway.

Shugoki is just a very high risk high reward charakter. hard ? no. guard break then embrace. nothing hard about it. still don't see why theres a ohk in the game.

WheepingSong
02-17-2017, 05:42 PM
hard ? no. guard break then embrace. nothing hard about it. still don't see why theres a ohk in the game.

it is only not dodgable after GB if your thrown into a wall and staggered. Otherwhise, totally dodgable after a GB