PDA

View Full Version : bring back gear stats in all game modes and why

oOStoysOo
02-17-2017, 01:09 AM
I was so pissed off when i found out the took away the stats on duel and brawl and this is my reasons:

i KNOW its because it's supose to be "fair" but this game is not fair...
IF its supose to be fair then, they should remove 11 characters and just have 1. (and probably remove enviroment kills i mean wtf??

the reason its 12 players is because of different moves and tactics.
when i play against orochi im getting my *** kicked all the time. and i can stand to play the character myself,
and when i also played against players who kicked my *** cause of skill and gear, it motivated me to play more and get good gear and be better.

the reason behind building a character with classes and different stats its how you want to play and tackle different apponents
if you get you *** kicked by someone with huge damage and you dont get in the same hits with damage then build yourself a high defense class!!

i bought this game for a single reason. duel and brawl matches. and now there is NO progress for me. NOTHING but looks?
wth is that?

in a multiplayer game there will always be something thats a a little unfair, its why we play it for longer periods, to get better and more powered.
call of duty and battlefield, unlock more weapons wich gives you different advantages.
so beacuse of you cry babies who cant play the game long enough to build you characters thank you for the whining so the game is totally ruined!!!!

teksuo1
02-17-2017, 01:11 AM
gear in all modes sounds fantastic . you grind/work for that gear after all. it would def. help the lawbringer's stamina woes for 1v1s/brawls.

BadgerBadger25
02-17-2017, 04:22 AM
Horrible idea.. keep gear away from 1v1 and 2v2.. leave gear in the casual playlists.

Fuzzybutts
02-17-2017, 04:23 AM
I'd agree as long as it was a SEPERATE QUE

PacTheManlyMan
02-17-2017, 04:27 AM
Just because you are now overgeared does not mean they should change things around for you.

1v1 and 2v2 are here to make it as fair as possible and some of the gear is not made for these modes. They are here for the only purpose of 4v4.

Dont be a scrub and learn to deal with it.

Nexuss94
02-17-2017, 04:31 AM
the games not ruined you just want to curb stomp anyone with lower gear than you, not going to happen if your so "good" you can still win without all your gear

if for some reason ubi decided to test it you would see alot of PK players stacking damage and stamina, you dont want this (i main pk myself)

Delectable_Sin
02-17-2017, 04:33 AM
I was so pissed off when i found out the took away the stats on duel and brawl and this is my reasons:

IF its supose to be fair then, they should remove 11 characters and just have 1. (and probably remove enviroment kills i mean wtf??

when i play against orochi im getting my *** kicked all the time. and i can stand to play the character myself,
and when i also played against players who kicked my *** cause of skill and gear, it motivated me to play more and get good gear and be better.

the reason behind building a character with classes and different stats its how you want to play and tackle different apponents
if you get you *** kicked by someone with huge damage and you dont get in the same hits with damage then build yourself a high defense class!!

i bought this game for a single reason. duel and brawl matches. and now there is NO progress for me. NOTHING but looks?
wth is that?

in a multiplayer game there will always be something thats a a little unfair, its why we play it for longer periods, to get better and more powered.
call of duty and battlefield, unlock more weapons wich gives you different advantages.
so beacuse of you cry babies who cant play the game long enough to build you characters thank you for the whining so the game is totally ruined!!!!

Totally agree. Gear should apply in all modes as well as ranked. If you don't play the chaotic, noob modes, then you really have nothing to work toward.

Delectable_Sin
02-17-2017, 04:34 AM
the games not ruined you just want to curb stomp anyone with lower gear than you, not going to happen if your so "good" you can still win without all your gear

if for some reason ubi decided to test it you would see alot of PK players stacking damage and stamina, you dont want this (i main pk myself)

PK is weak, for one, but all they'd have to do is match based on gear level and it'd be perfectly fine. They honestly wouldn't need to though because gear doesn't offer any real advantage, just different play styles.

Felis_Menari
02-17-2017, 08:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but gear stats are only in effect in dominion mode, right? If so, then what's the bloody point? You could have characters handling very differently in and out of dominion mode, so that's already at least an irritant if not an outright problem to be squashed with the fury of a thousand suns. That would also kind of destroy the point of spending steel for gear (and perhaps hurt Ubi's bottom line, since you know there are going to be people who spend real money on steel).

If stats only work in one game mode (which as far as I can tell might not be the most popular), you may as well save your steel strictly for vanity items/emotes/executions/etc. once you've gotten all the armor/weapons you want to customize your warrior's appearance. Granted, I don't know what top tier gear stats are like or how to acquire them. However, I do think it would boost overall enjoyment of the game and benefit match variety to implement gear stat effects across the board in standard modes of play. In ranked/tournament matches however, I can absolutely understand why gear stats would be taken out of play. Though, it would be nice if there were separate ranked/tourney matches for those who like alternate stats and those who don't.

Brave_Thunder
02-17-2017, 08:52 AM
No.This game is actually beautifull (and quite tilting when you lose) because you don't have to grind for a gear.Why you should have an advantage against me simply because you grinded more and you've got the perfect set for your playstile,while I'm stuck with the default/lower one?There is a lot to work to do in duels,this is not a Facebook game that you play just for loot.I hate ledges like everyone else,and seriously some maps let you think that people lived with precipices in their houses,but you can spam lights/counter the gb and avoid to get throw. Hate a hero?Practice with a bot that plays him.This game has a lot of skill gap,it has not to be dumbed down because people want to see their "progress".

ipm204
02-17-2017, 09:21 AM
Keep em separate. Gear & non-gear duels. But allow players to CHOOSE which one they want to join.

This would divide the community though so idk

supermaldo93
02-17-2017, 09:35 AM
I mean... I wouldn't want to duel anyone with a loadout that's based on revive speed and negative on stamina regen. Best to keep duelists on even ground. Dominion is more about tactics than it is about pure fighting skills, so this is where gear stats should stay.

Felis_Menari
02-17-2017, 10:29 AM
I mean... I wouldn't want to duel anyone with a loadout that's based on revive speed and negative on stamina regen. Best to keep duelists on even ground. Dominion is more about tactics than it is about pure fighting skills, so this is where gear stats should stay.

It is absolutely ridiculous to have stat modifiers tied to gear that only work in one game mode. Either they should be allowed in all standard play, or gear stats should be done away with entirely.

Knight_Raime
02-17-2017, 10:50 AM
Hard pass.
Gear should only exist in the casual modes because it perpetuates casual play.
I'd be "fine" if there was a seperate que for people who want gear. But I ultimately don't think it would be good to divide the population like that.

1v1 and 2v2 are about putting people on equal footing. simply making it match based on gear level wouldn't make that true. as one player could be specced entirely differently giving them an entire different advantage.

CrusadingNoble
02-17-2017, 10:55 AM
First post on the forums: whines that he wants to stomp noobs with uber gear. Sems legit.

Sirrkas
02-17-2017, 11:03 AM
Totally agree. Gear should apply in all modes as well as ranked. If you don't play the chaotic, noob modes, then you really have nothing to work toward.

First, how should that work? When I select duel for example and decide to play a character that has no gear yet but could also choose a character, that has a gear level of 50, what should the system do? Take the average of my gearstats? Than I could only play one character and the 11 others reduce the average. Giving me just opponents with around 50 gearpoints? That would be a bit unfair in two regards. First, because I still could play without gear and second, because winrates are way better to determine how good someone is. Would it really be fair to let two people with the same gear fight each others, when one of them is barely able to beat level 1 bots and the other could win a 1vs2 against level 3 bots?

It is not like gear stats and prestige are showing real skill. It just shows, the guy played a lot (or bought high level gear when he reached prestige).

FailOfHDDVD
02-17-2017, 11:25 AM
1v1 gears off, 2v2 or more should enable gears since there's no honor there.

Dude_of_Valor
02-17-2017, 11:32 AM

wth is that?

The progress with the game is improving your skill with it, not the gear that you wear. I do not think having gear enabled will make the game more balanced in 1v1, 2v2 etc.

Maybe there will be special events were gear is enabled, but generally I prefer it not to as I want to test my skill against someone with a character I know through and through.

Alternatively you allow gear to be enabled in custom games (this might be a thing already) but that does not count towards your rank and the faction war.

DeLatv
02-17-2017, 11:51 AM
1v1 is suposed to be, may the best wins. Nothing else, its a dumb idea and im pretty sure devs know that.

They ballance the heroes on 1v1 arena...

Dez_troi_aR
02-17-2017, 12:21 PM

wth is that?

No. Nope. Nonono. Nein. Niet. Aint gonna happen.

See, we had a lot of lengthy discussions about this. The result of making gear stats apply all the time is just balance issues and and skill not beeing the no1. indicator of duels, as it should be.

So : No.

Plutonium Bug
02-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Can you imagine going in to a 2v2 with the thought "oh lets give this hero a try!" And your opponent has a full legendary gear set of 89. ....well played game very nice.... that's why no gear in duels skirmish or elimination. Dominion its fine as you don't automatically win wit more kills.

Derity
02-17-2017, 12:45 PM
No.

Noellessa2016
02-17-2017, 02:21 PM
People who want gear stats to work in 1v1 and 2v2 just want their GS to win matches for them instead of skill. Sure, who wouldn't want someone revenge stacking so they are almost in revenge mode every 3 hits or other such things people can do with certain gearing builds in Dominion... 1v1 and 2v2 should be kept equalized otherwise it isn't you who are winning with skilled play - it is your gear that is carrying you and a crutch to rely on in lieu of actual skilled gameplay.

Felis_Menari
02-17-2017, 05:40 PM
People who want gear stats to work in 1v1 and 2v2 just want their GS to win matches for them instead of skill. Sure, who wouldn't want someone revenge stacking so they are almost in revenge mode every 3 hits or other such things people can do with certain gearing builds in Dominion... 1v1 and 2v2 should be kept equalized otherwise it isn't you who are winning with skilled play - it is your gear that is carrying you and a crutch to rely on in lieu of actual skilled gameplay.

If things can really get that out of hand despite the draw backs of high end gear, perhaps gear stats should have never made it into to the game in the first place. And as I said before, it is rather silly having modifiable character stats in one game mode out of several in a fighting game. Make sense, it does not.

Roman672
02-17-2017, 06:02 PM
I agree with a couple of other comments that I would be fine with it if they put up a separate queue for that. Here's the trick with this game and a lot of consistent complaint because people weren't prepared for this...wait for it...this is a skill based game. Gear helps, but it hasn't stopped me from having a lower geared character and taking down a class with better gear. It sucks that you were expecting a game similar to shooters where you can land an OP gun that will likely be re-balanced multiple times due to info gain and player complaint. This isn't that game. Gear is only there to assist, but not make a win. Funny enough, very similar to actual sword play. The wielder of the weapon is supposed to be more dangerous than the weapon or armor their opponent wears. If you don't want to play skill based games, perhaps For Honor just isn't for you.

GreenRanger XI
02-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Gear should stay with the casuals. They need the extra stats to win games.

Noellessa2016
02-18-2017, 12:18 AM
If gear stats were allowed in all game modes, it would be anything but 'fair' in any given game. The amount of difference in builds, stats, attack/defense, etc. would be horrendous. I mean, look at this person's "I am almost always in revenge mode with boosted revenge damage" build for 4v4 (image from a reddit post by Sharve: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5uoo93/rep_3_conqueror_becomes_a_terrifying_beast_in/

http://i.imgur.com/sc2pSUo.png

Sawa963
02-18-2017, 02:13 AM
This is a horrible idea. Please do not even consider this.

Gear stats have no place in duels or 2v2.

Felis_Menari
02-18-2017, 02:17 AM
If gear stats were allowed in all game modes, it would be anything but 'fair' in any given game. The amount of difference in builds, stats, attack/defense, etc. would be horrendous. I mean, look at this person's "I am almost always in revenge mode with boosted revenge damage" build for 4v4 (image from a reddit post by Sharve: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5uoo93/rep_3_conqueror_becomes_a_terrifying_beast_in/

http://i.imgur.com/sc2pSUo.png

Well...now that I've finally seen what a high end gear loadout can look like, I might have to agree that gear stats functioning outside of dominion might be a bad idea. But in skirmish and elimination, we have access to power-ups that can be extremely powerful as well that can provide "unfair" advantages...I'm unsure how to feel about this now.

TripSin.
02-18-2017, 02:29 AM
Stupid idea.

Also, please learn to capitalize your words properly, kid.

RaidoKnight
02-18-2017, 02:48 AM
This is not an MMO game, duels with stats would make me quit this game. and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this.

And what are you guys talking about, "only 1 mode"?

Gear off: Duel/Brawl

Gear on: Dominion,Elimination,Skirmish These are 3 modes for me, not 1.

If you wanna scrub around in PvP with high level gear, go play a pay2win korean mmo and buy your equip from ebay. Enjoy.

teksuo1
02-18-2017, 02:52 AM
it does bring a balance problem though ; some classes are finely balanced once geared up but questionable without gear (looking at you lawbringer)

Felis_Menari
02-18-2017, 02:52 AM
This is not an MMO game, duels with stats would make me quit this game. and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this.

If you wanna scrub around in PvP with high level gear, go play a pay2win korean mmo and buy your equip from ebay. Enjoy.

That's my bad then. I when I looked it up earlier, the info stated that gear stats only affected dominion mode.

Delectable_Sin
02-18-2017, 08:13 AM
Okay, if they're worried about duel/brawl being nothing but reflexive gameplay, then they need to get rid of stamina (because resource management has nothing to do with reflexes) and they need to get rid of the environmental ways to damage people too. Obviously, situational awareness and resource management both require skill, just not the type of skill it takes to dodge, block, attack, etc -- on that same note, building properly takes skill as well. You can seriously gimp your character by building wrong, as I found out the hard way.

If duel is truly nothing but reflexive skill, then they need to get rid of stamina and environmental damage on that mode as well. As of right now, it's just as "noob" as the other modes, except you don't have to worry about ganks. You still have to worry about maps made specifically to cater to vanguard characters, and dueling characters that can drain your stamina empty with one move, so adding items to that mode will just fit the mold they've already built.

It accomplishes nothing to get rid of items, but keep the bridge maps and stamina. Bring the items back or truly make duel nothing but reflexive skill.

Building properly takes just as much skill as anything else in this game. Mountains of great pvp games exist (Dark Souls anyone?) that require thought and proper planning as far as building your character. Are you new to online gaming or something?

Delectable_Sin
02-18-2017, 08:22 AM
Is that a thing? I've yet to find a PK blade that doesn't take away Stamina Cost Reduction if you want to boost attack.
I know you can boost Stamina regen and Exhaustion Recovery independant of damage, but actually increasing Stamina / reducing cost of attacks + boosting damage can't be done, I think?

You can boost damage at the cost of stamina cost (per swing) or defense (which means you take more damage per hit). As you can see, it's super easy to completely gimp yourself with items, especially powerful items. If you detract severely from a stat, you have to make it up with other items or feats.

Delectable_Sin
02-18-2017, 08:24 AM
Another kid who want to get carry by the Gearscore because they suck. There is already Plenty of them in 4v4... Go play with them.

NO Gear in duel / 2v2 NEVER.

No one gets carried by gear. Also, I have 70 - 90% win rates on my three mains on duel, with no AI padding...

Anyone who thinks gear carries people doesn't have gear.

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 09:38 AM
Building properly takes just as much skill as anything else in this game. Mountains of great pvp games exist (Dark Souls anyone?) that require thought and proper planning as far as building your character. Are you new to online gaming or something?

Duel is about reflexive gameplay and resource management.The amount of bridges and ledges is surely questionable,but it takes no skill to build a gear.Just like in dark souls,search a build on Google and then follow it till the max gear level.Planning a build as hard as parry or deflect attacks?Just no.