PDA

View Full Version : Grieffing Repported for saving my life

PendragonArtura
02-16-2017, 10:04 PM
I posted a similar thread in strategy and battle, but since I saw more ubisoft official answer in the general discussion, I had to ask here too.

Is running away from a 4v1 gank squade until the chrono end punishable by grieff repporting ?

I explain, on deathmatch 4V4 I actually was ganked hard every round by 3 to 4 ppl cause my team was bad. Since I don't want to get 3 deaths avoidable on my scoreboard, I just ran, dodged every plunged attack, parried every surprises attack for two minutes every round.

The end result was the same, they won. But I had no death. Everyone should have been happy, right ? I even managed to kill 2 of them from a cliff once.

But since the adverse team wasn't good enough to kill me and lost 6 minutes in total, they ragged and the 4 reported me for Gireffing. My team was actually laughing very hard, but I wonder now...

Is running until the chrono end actually punishable ? What could be the sanctions ? And how does the report system actually work ? I don't see here an abuse cause, since I am not a pro gamer, I cannot manage to win against 4 or even 3 ppl ganking me. It was just the only way I had to not die and I used it. Running. I asked for a 1v1, but they just ignored it.

PendragonArtura
02-16-2017, 10:10 PM
death by snu snu

I'll run away from you ! Until I die...

Fuzzybutts
02-16-2017, 10:14 PM
Yeah, its an appropriate game mechanic, their just angry that they couldn't catch you i guess lol.

PendragonArtura
02-16-2017, 10:15 PM
I did this too, but we had 2-0 and i had mission to win and not die more than 5 times or something like this. Simple solution.

Yep. Look like you still can be killed by an assassin class, or anyone with an armor with a speed modificator... But nobody use this kind of armor but me, since it low the defense stat.

I guess if this armor stat and this chrono exist, that's for a good reason. This one.

Scoregasms2286
02-16-2017, 10:16 PM
I posted a similar thread in strategy and battle, but since I saw more ubisoft official answer in the general discussion, I had to ask here too.

Is running away from a 4v1 gank squade until the chrono end punishable by grieff repporting ?

I explain, on deathmatch 4V4 I actually was ganked hard every round by 3 to 4 ppl cause my team was bad. Since I don't want to get 3 deaths avoidable on my scoreboard, I just ran, dodged every plunged attack, parried every surprises attack for two minutes every round.

The end result was the same, they won. But I had no death. Everyone should have been happy, right ? I even managed to kill 2 of them from a cliff once.

But since the adverse team wasn't good enough to kill me and lost 6 minutes in total, they ragged and the 4 reported me for Gireffing. My team was actually laughing very hard, but I wonder now...

Is running until the chrono end actually punishable ? What could be the sanctions ? And how does the report system actually work ? I don't see here an abuse cause, since I am not a pro gamer, I cannot manage to win against 4 or even 3 ppl ganking me. It was just the only way I had to not die and I used it. Running. I asked for a 1v1, but they just ignored it.

Wow you are one of those....I have been in multiple 3v1 and 4v1s when they all jump in, ill run and start getting buffs, mainly just armor and attack, and If my feats are close to off CD, ill waste more time. However, Once I get these buffs I go for the badassery of 4v1 which I have pulled off multiple times (Revenge + Bleed feat + attack buff is literally like a 2 hit kill; so dodge/deflect and enjoy the challenge)

Dont get me wrong, 85% of the time I get destroyed, but those few times I successfully pulled off the clutch in a 3v1/4v1, those are the memories ill never forget.

UbiVertigo
02-16-2017, 10:16 PM
As the mechanics currently stand, you are not abusing the system, nor are you harassing other players. With the situation as stated, there would be no grounds to take action against your account.

PendragonArtura
02-16-2017, 10:18 PM
Yeah, its an appropriate game mechanic, their just angry that they couldn't catch you i guess lol.

The real question is, can I be punished by the system if I got too many grieffing report, only cause ppl are salty ?

I mean, ppl can abuse of it. (I have a solid 1v1 defense, and I was reported once for this too. Just defending myself with 10% hp for 3 minutes, he don't liked it)

I wonder how this report fonction work.

EDIT : Thank you UbiVertigo for this quick answer !

SirCorrino
02-16-2017, 10:19 PM

I would say yes, as you are only doing it to waste time. You are going to lose whether you fight or run, and so by running you are deliberately griefing your own team by making them wait it out instead of being able to get into a new match / the next round. Note that I only say your own team, because I don't believe in the notion that you can grief your enemies. In a 1v1 scenario forcing a round tie by running is not griefing (though it is extremely cowardly and dishonorable). But when you are deliberately wasting the time of your allies you are griefing and should face the consequences. In my opinion the punishment should be a timed ban from any PvP activities, OR a loss of 1 renown level and associated rewards for first offenses and more for repeats.

Scoregasms2286
02-16-2017, 10:22 PM
As the mechanics currently stand, you are not abusing the system, nor are you harassing other players. With the situation as stated, there would be no grounds to take action against your account.

wait wait wait....Are the blues finally coming out to answer everyone's gripes, complaints, and why things are the way they are!?

PendragonArtura
02-16-2017, 10:25 PM
All is fine how it is. (All but the connexions error spam and disconnect one match on 2, but hell this game is awesome already and that's not the topic)

And, running save my K/D ratio. Even if my team loose, If I am able to don't die, I have a better scoreboard. That's the point. I don't do it for trolling, I really win something at the end : my life safe. I mean, I can handle 1v1, even 2v1, but come on, 4 ppl trying to kill me the same time. Guys. What should I do ? Even the bests warriors know when they have to retreat.

TheBunionKnight
02-17-2017, 12:44 AM
I would hate having to wait for the round to finish, if I were on your team.
The other team, if they consist of 4 or 3 players, should be able to box you in and flank you, so I don't think they have any reason to be angry though.

ZuivrZilvr
02-17-2017, 12:48 AM
You are doing nothing wrong, obviously you are not eager to die. Sounds perfectly healthy to me. Just enjoy the adventure of them trying to catch you.

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 12:49 AM
I think it should be fair play. There are many ways to catch someone who is running, even if they are a peace keeper and are really fast. There are ranged attacks, which if they dominating the rest of your team they should have unlocked, you can use the map to corner them. If they were stupid enough to just keep chasing from behind and not try to cut you off, thats on them.

SirCorrino
02-17-2017, 12:53 AM
I think it should be fair play. There are many ways to catch someone who is running, even if they are a peace keeper and are really fast. There are ranged attacks, which if they dominating the rest of your team they should have unlocked, you can use the map to corner them. If they were stupid enough to just keep chasing from behind and not try to cut you off, thats on them.

Sure, if there are multiple people alive on the enemy team. But when it's down to a 1v1 and the other 6 people are dead it just becomes stupid when one person refuses to fight and only runs away to force a round tie. Especially if they get a speed boost powerup.

Here's two examples of it happening against me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0tYJxIBNRE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY9Qr7mf6Mc

Fordol
02-17-2017, 12:55 AM
Given that there are orders encouraging you not to die more than 5 times, I can't say that I have a problem with it and certainly wouldn't report you for it. The sportsmansip is maybe questionable, but then if they can't pin you down when outnumbering you 4 vs 1 they probably don't deserve the kill.

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 12:59 AM
Sure, if there are multiple people alive on the enemy team. But when it's down to a 1v1 and the other 6 people are dead it just becomes stupid when one person refuses to fight and only runs away to force a round tie. Especially if they get a speed boost powerup.

Here's two examples of it happening against me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0tYJxIBNRE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY9Qr7mf6Mc

That is fair, but in the situation described, it wasn't 1v1. The player was vastly outnumbered and stood no chance of surviving. With 3 people, you can very easily cut anyone off if you know the map. Or if you have the proper feats you can stop them. I like to keep Bear Trap equipped on my Raider for Exactly that purpose. Place it where I know they will run through, and wait. Or use the ranged attacks, or anything. Its not that difficult. 1v1 would be annoying if they just ran, but thats not the case here.