PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop this Orochi business?

EmG V3NG3ANC3
02-16-2017, 07:38 PM
This is not some 'Orochi is OP' post, so dont worry about that :P for the past 15 games Ive played in brawls today, 14 of them included an Orochi, in the past 15 games Ive played in Elimination/4v4 deathmatch, 15 of 15 have included Orochi... now I personally dont have any problems dealing with Orochi, but seriousley aha can the FH community not try any other characters? I Feel this game is being over run with Orochi's & Peacekeepers and tbh, it gets a little boring to be fighting the same 2 characters all the time. I Miss the days of the beta when characters were at a variety in game modes, and people used the different character types to their strengths... Whats going on FH community!? Can someone please explain? :P

cha_cha_cha-2.0
02-16-2017, 07:41 PM
GB window abuse.

Leon026
02-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Perceived OP character = Flavor of The Month.

RLTygurr
02-16-2017, 07:45 PM
People naturally think that faster is better in a fight. On top of that demographic thing, people choose orochi and peacekeeper a lot simply because there aren't too many counters to them. They're not broken or overpowered, but the way the game works benefits them greatly over other characters.

The main point is dodging attacks. Usually, in most cases where an enemy might surprise you with an attack and you're forced to block rather than parry, you can dodge and they'll be able to get a free guard break no matter what direction you dodge in. However, assassins have dodging attacks which mean they can both be protected from further attacks in that direction and attack at the same time, meaning that they can't be guard broken. Other than that, there aren't any counters for them that are shared among all characters, but almost every character has unblockables (which assassins don't have. They're the only character type without unblockable attacks unless you count deflects or the peacekeeper's little tiny bleed stab after a heavy) that can be used to punish dodgy assassins.

TLDR: Not overpowered, just more popular by design and how the game works. Slower characters have a hard time hitting them unless they can keep up with the attack speed and parry them, which for characters like orochi and peacekeeper, is pretty dang quick. Far from impossible, but difficult.

Brave_Thunder
02-16-2017, 07:45 PM
First I'd like to say that in duels you run against various opponen:I've done a couple of dozen of duels today,and I've fought against wardens,shungokis,a kensei,some warlord and some orochi.
As an orochi main,I'll try to explain why people love them:first,they're cool.That's the first thing you can see about them:who want to be a boring tank with a shield when you can be a cool fast assassin?
Second:they're fast. I tryed to play Lawbringer and it feels so slow..it's painful to attack and then wait that the hero throws his weapon like an old men without strenght.Third,they are hard to play.Unlike some of the tanks,one mistake can easily delete half your life or cost you the round (those ledges...).May be just unluck;I'd love to fight more of them,orochi vs orochi is always fun and good for learn things.

Kemorand
02-16-2017, 07:46 PM
GB window abuse.

+1 on GB abuse for Orochi.
And assassins in general, most able to abuse latency between them and any adversaries other than assassins.

Duels are just Orochi almost non stop basically.
Brawls are about 50% Orochis and rest whatever, usually other assassins but not just that.
Elimination is a good 75% assassins, rest whatever.
even Dominions are often filled way above norm with Orochis.

Leon026
02-16-2017, 07:55 PM
Too much whine about the Orochi, but the Warden?

MrForz
02-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Sadly, it seems like Orochi is the Yasuo/Genji of For Honor. It's a fast, katana user with a lot of fancy moves and people want to make them plays with it.

I do meet my fair share of Orochis, but funnily enough the only class I stumble on in duels is Warlord.

VillNess
02-16-2017, 08:02 PM
It sucks that I belong to the mainstream assassins. In the beta I chose Peacekeeper right away due to her looks (mainly choice of weapons) and in everything basically I prefer speed over strenght (I always play as more agile characters in games).

I will stick to Peacekeeper anyways and hope that this is just a phase and I wont feel ashamed anymore just for being a PK.

Fuzzybutts
02-16-2017, 08:03 PM
I will admit, I barely ever not see an orochi in my games, it wouldn't be as big of an issue if they were actually fun to play against.

Orochi = no fun allowed.

Their not super op, their just anti-fun.

TL24SS
02-16-2017, 08:32 PM
Simply put, the Orochi is OP'd and we all know it. Those that are refusing to acknowledge this are the ones playing the Orochi. Please don't give me this crap of "I have no problems dealing with them and no they're not OP". When a single f-ucking combo takes away almost half of your HP in such a fast manner - that's OP.

Gnarxly
02-16-2017, 08:35 PM
Or...you are just not skilled enough?

Everyone knows they are OP. That doesn't exclude bads being bad tho.

UL_BULLET
02-16-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm actually seeing a lot of variation in duels now. I enjoy fighting Orochi in duels no matter who I'm playing. I have less problems with the Orochi than any other. My biggest complaint is the Guard Break interrupt timing in the game which should alleviate many concerns with the Orochi.

Rhafyk
02-16-2017, 08:37 PM
Orochi is the only hero with katana. I like it as it reminds me of what I practice. Thats all. He will get nerfed to the stone, I will still play him. And I won't be playing others just so you can feel better.

I practice Kendo, so...nothing to do, but yeah its full of orochis and is not so fun...but i know dat feel haha

Brave_Thunder
02-16-2017, 09:30 PM
Everyone knows they are OP. That doesn't exclude bads being bad tho.

So basically you're too slow to fight someone faster than a tank and then cover your weaknesses sayng that "everybody" nysteriously know that orochi is op.Nice argument right here.

Fuzzybutts
02-16-2017, 09:34 PM
I practice Kendo, so...nothing to do, but yeah its full of orochis and is not so fun...but i know dat feel haha

How many fedoras and MLP plushes do you also own?

EmG V3NG3ANC3
02-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Aha well, this turned into an OP or not page! I myself wont be stating my opinion about whether or not I think he is OP, causes too much drama, my post is only stating that the game is just getting too over run with Orochi's, and in my opinion, its killing the fun out of the game for me personally cause I prefer a bit of variation, I hope in time people grow out of using Orochi, I played him myself for a bit in the beta and Im surprised people enjoy playing with him so much, I found all of his attacks etc to be really boring and easy to pick up, if people actually believe he's difficult to play as, that surprises me greatly, I found him very easy to pick up! But I suppose its all personal experiences!

jezpida
02-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Orochi is the only hero with katana. I like it as it reminds me of what I practice. Thats all. He will get nerfed to the stone, I will still play him. And I won't be playing others just so you can feel better.

hey bro from a guy who lives in japan. nobody cares what you foreign weeaboo **** practice. dont see any of my people boasting how its their sword so thats why their playing it. you reminded me of that overweight dude from youtube who swings swords all at water jugs from that post

EmG V3NG3ANC3
02-16-2017, 09:55 PM
hey bro from a guy who lives in japan. nobody cares what you foreign weeaboo **** practice. dont see any of my people boasting how its their sword so thats why their playing it. you reminded me of that overweight dude from youtube who swings swords all at water jugs from that post

Eh, none of that hostility on my post please. That was pretty damn uncalled for... he was just stating why he likes Orochi? Nothing wrong with that.

Funeragon
02-16-2017, 10:00 PM
if u wanna gb abuse, play other char than orochi LOL, PLZ did u see his throw distance -.-

Versuviou5
02-16-2017, 10:05 PM
But I like Orochi... Also! if I could play a Kensai then I would...

Also! Kensai are faster than Orochi's, go fight a good Kensai then come back to the Orochi hate train =P

TL24SS
02-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Or...you are just not skilled enough?

I consider myself decent seeing how I barely played the Open Beta and all. The game is all about learning the moves of the Hero's and understanding your opponents traits during a fight, I get it. That doesn't make my statement less true that Orochi is OP'd as F and why there's nothing but Orochi's running around the game right now.

Spare me the whole "not skilled, get good" bs "bruh".

teksuo1
02-16-2017, 11:22 PM
i think the orochi is far from OP. look at the moveset. deceptively small amount of moves..technically easy to learn to counter.