PDA

View Full Version : People complaining about defense being too strong, you're the reason this happened...

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Seriously, Ubi has completely catered to the noobs who want a button mashing fest. They made changes to the game to make it impossible to effectively defend, once someone gets on a good roll with attacks.

Notice how it's impossible to move, dodge, parry, or block, every now and then? Notice how you can't move and change stances simultaneously? Notice how you're just stuck in the same position, unable to do anything to save yourself, when you run out of stamina? Yeah, they definitely made defense weaker...

Good job cry babies, you effectively ruined this game.

The funny thing is that those of us with excellent defense will still continue to smoke you baddies that want a button mashing game, all you've managed to do is make the game clunkier and unresponsive for everyone. Great job vocal minority of terrible players! The hilarious thing is that you same baddies are the ones making threads and crying over and over on the forums. Welp, you got what you asked for, feel better?

Robbeeeen
02-16-2017, 06:27 PM
No, I don't notice any of these things.

Defense is completely unchanged and just as strong as before.

There is NO punishment for defending. None.
Attacking costs stamina. Attacking opens you up for being on the receiving end of the strongest move in the game. High risk, low reward. Has a punishing resource-cap.
Defending fills your revenge meter. Defending gives you the ability to execute the strongest move in the game. Low risk, high reward. Can be used indefinitely without punishment.

I do not understand why they had to give the defending players the best move in the game, when the stamina resource already puts a cap on how much an attacking player can do without giving the other player a turn to do the same.

Demoth Hymside
02-16-2017, 06:29 PM
Seriously, Ubi has completely catered to the noobs who want a button mashing fest. They made changes to the game to make it impossible to effectively defend, once someone gets on a good roll with attacks.

The funny thing is that those of us with excellent defense will still continue to smoke you baddies that want a button mashing game

So uh..... which one is it? "OMG, defense is so weak now, button mashers win! QQ". The a couple lines later, saying excellent defense will prevail. Great job torpedoing your own argument.

CarnivalLaw
02-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Idiot. Ubisoft, and Ubisoft alone, is responsible for any and all changes to this game.

If I give my kids junk food every time they ask for it, I'd have fat, spoiled kids. That'd be on me, not them.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 06:50 PM
My 99% win rate (no AI padding) on duels with the Zerker says that I know more about high level play than you baddies.

Defense should be stronger, because it requires far more skill, and having a button mashing fest isn't the least bit fun for people who actually like competition. Yeah, good defenders will still win most of the time, but you baddies got your way, and every now and then the game just hands you a round.

Millennials and their utter lack of competitive nature just blow my mind. You guys are ridiculous.

AkimuMC
02-16-2017, 07:08 PM
My 99% win rate (no AI padding) on duels with the Zerker says that I know more about high level play than you baddies.

Defense should be stronger, because it requires far more skill, and having a button mashing fest isn't the least bit fun for people who actually like competition. Yeah, good defenders will still win most of the time, but you baddies got your way, and every now and then the game just hands you a round.

Millennials and their utter lack of competitive nature just blow my mind. You guys are ridiculous.

Hold the forums everybody! We have a Billy Bad A** super 'lite 1337 "For Honor" player in the thread!

I don't know what generation you claim to be, but while you are bashing milennials (which I am not a part of) re-read your original post where you contradict yourself and become a hypocrite... Yep... that happened.

In any regard, defense is pretty strong, just about as strong as offense and both require some skill... a "baddie" as you like to call it, could conceivably do just as well "button mashing" on defense as well as offense...

To add to this, no one but the developer makes changes. If they are catering to some group, that isn't exactly on the group as much as it is on the developer... I think your aggresion is misplaced here, but that is just my lowly opinion (I only have about a 70% win rate, and I also play against AI at times... I know, I know, I am a scrub and I haven't even mentioned the fact that I play on console yet... oops, now I have been completely discredited...)

So, if you are winning 99 out of 100 games, what is your problem? Apparently the "changes" that were made have either benefited you, or you adapted flawlessly to them...

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Hold the forums everybody! We have a Billy Bad A** super 'lite 1337 "For Honor" player in the thread!

I don't know what generation you claim to be, but while you are bashing milennials (which I am not a part of) re-read your original post where you contradict yourself and become a hypocrite... Yep... that happened.

In any regard, defense is pretty strong, just about as strong as offense and both require some skill... a "baddie" as you like to call it, could conceivably do just as well "button mashing" on defense as well as offense...

To add to this, no one but the developer makes changes. If they are catering to some group, that isn't exactly on the group as much as it is on the developer... I think your aggresion is misplaced here, but that is just my lowly opinion (I only have about a 70% win rate, and I also play against AI at times... I know, I know, I am a scrub and I haven't even mentioned the fact that I play on console yet... oops, now I have been completely discredited...)

So, if you are winning 99 out of 100 games, what is your problem? Apparently the "changes" that were made have either benefited you, or you adapted flawlessly to them...

To anyone with a shred of reading comprehension, I didn't contradict myself in the least.

My problem is that I randomly lose a round here and there, because of the game. If I'm losing because of my mistakes, that's fine, but that isn't the case sometimes. Also, I'm attempting to explain what is going on with everyone else's lack of responsiveness that they're talking about.

RatedChaotic
02-16-2017, 07:13 PM

No AI at all. I call BS.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 07:14 PM
No AI at all. I call BS.

Okay? Care to duel?

AkimuMC
02-16-2017, 07:20 PM

Notice how it's impossible to move, dodge, parry, or block, every now and then? Notice how you can't move and change stances simultaneously? Notice how you're just stuck in the same position, unable to do anything to save yourself, when you run out of stamina? Yeah, they definitely made defense weaker...

Good job cry babies, you effectively ruined this game.

The funny thing is that those of us with excellent defense will still continue to smoke you baddies that want a button mashing game, all you've managed to do is make the game clunkier and unresponsive for everyone. Great job vocal minority of terrible players! The hilarious thing is that you same baddies are the ones making threads and crying over and over on the forums. Welp, you got what you asked for, feel better?

To anyone with a shred of reading comprehension, I didn't contradict myself in the least.

My problem is that I randomly lose a round here and there, because of the game. If I'm losing because of my mistakes, that's fine, but that isn't the case sometimes. Also, I'm attempting to explain what is going on with everyone else's lack of responsiveness that they're talking about.

So, if it is impossible to defend, how can anyone have excellent defense? That is a contradiction. Maybe you didn't choose the right words to convey the message you were trying to convey, but the contradiction is there. I won't bother with word definitions. (I went ahead and made the contradictions bold, underline, italic. Please do not insult others reading comprehension when your writing makes it hard to comprehend.)

So, again I ask, what is the problem if you are a god among players in the game with the current version? Apparently the current build suits you.

crazybread101
02-16-2017, 07:26 PM
Okay? Care to duel?

Insert yugioh meme here
Prepare to be sent to the shadow realm

Einherjar25
02-16-2017, 07:30 PM
No AI at all. I call BS.

Agreed. If I have learned something from World of Tank is that stats are absolutly unreliable. I could write en essay behind my statement as to why this is true but I have something better to do! ;) People always find ways to pad their stats. In the same way someone would hack to win, a stats padder will find "holes" in the game to make himself look good. All look, no substance. I don't believe in magic and if someone has 99% WR he is doing something fishy. To this day, I am still amazed at the level of dishonesty in online game or even the internet in general.

Ephemiel
02-16-2017, 07:38 PM
Idk if you guys noticied, but Lucifer has always been one of the biggest a**holes here in the forums using the typical "get gud" arguments, no one pays attention to him.

Especially when he clearly contradicts himself and then swears he didn't. A bit obvious he's likely an underage idiot trying to be tough online.

ThePollie
02-16-2017, 07:41 PM
Honestly, if they made being exhausted a serious issue, this game wouldn't lean so hard toward defense.

As it stands, there's no punishment to being worn out. Spam feints all day and get parries off them. If you get exhausted? Turtle up with blocks and counter the obvious guard-break. Three seconds later and you're fine to start attacking. The only time being exhausted is an issue is if you are stupid and get baited into trying to parry, or if they actually get a guard-break in.

Either case, you gave them free damage.

AkimuMC
02-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Idk if you guys noticied, but Lucifer has always been one of the biggest a**holes here in the forums using the typical "get gud" arguments, no one pays attention to him.

Especially when he clearly contradicts himself and then swears he didn't. A bit obvious he's likely an underage idiot trying to be tough online.

I am new to this forum :rolleyes: So a little naive about who is who... and on top of that the last forum community I was involved with was helpful, inviting, friendly, constructive, basically a positive gaming forum. It has been awihle (Battlefield 3) since I dipped my toes into a toxic forum... For Honor forums aren't the most toxic I have been in, but certainly a nuclear melt down from the last one I joined :)

I am basically just having fun wit hit for the moment. I bore easy.

sarcasm83
02-16-2017, 07:43 PM
If anything is contributing to spells of clunkyness, unresponsive gameplay or being unable to react to what is thrown at you, is the connectivity due to their supposedly well optimised peer-to-peer system. Other than that, the defense has seen no changes. You said it yourself; "every now and then the game just hands you a round."

If the game mechanics had been changed, it wouldn't be "every now and then". Inconsistancy like that is due to connection issues, not due to some RNG in defense mechanics.

Might also try to tone down the "too-cool-for-school", "better than you"-attitude if you really wish to discuss. It's bordering on flaming the board at this stage. :/

But let me get this straight, you win 99% of all fights and the 1% is a game design flaw caused by the playerbase who made posts crying about the state of the game? Ok, it must be hard being that perfect - as you simply don't make mistakes. So.. why indeed so angry?

Smh, game been out for a full day and there's already a self-proclaimed high level pro telling everyone else how bad they are.
Gaming communities, what happened - you used to be cool. :(