PDA

View Full Version : People using controllers (binds)

Immortal_Zeal
02-16-2017, 02:42 PM
Hey, what binds are people using for controllers?? Defaults??

I changed GB (X) to LB in hopes of faster responsiveness because guard breaks are just killing my game right now, I'm not sure if it's just me or if anyone else has similar issues.

I never had counter GB issues in beta etc, but now it's nigh impossible to counter these days, and some if not most classes cheese it (Orochii) etc. I get lucky sometimes and thats mainly if I am going for GB myself.

Even the NPCs spam the hell out of it. Enjoying the game though, just gotta get used to changing binds now.

WheepingSong
02-16-2017, 03:03 PM
i was planning on doing the same. How do you change the controller binds on pc?

Immortal_Zeal
02-16-2017, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure, I'm on console.

CaptainCreeps
02-16-2017, 03:28 PM
How do you change it on console? Couldn't find any options for remapping buttons on PS4.

Immortal_Zeal
02-16-2017, 03:35 PM
I'm on Xbox, and we have a remapping ability in settings. Only thing is it's universal so if I forget to change it ill shoot myself in the foot on another game.

ExCalibratur
02-16-2017, 03:49 PM
You can remap your ds4 buttons in the ps4 settings, settings -> Accessibility -> Button Assignments. This is for all games and navigation!
I have mapped my guard break (square) to my right stick. Much easier now for me to guard break after a little getting used to.

Alchemist..
02-16-2017, 03:52 PM
i have same problem, for now we cant change controller bind on pc. i know in such a big title aaa game it sounds like a joke

Immortal_Zeal
02-16-2017, 03:58 PM
It's a common issue among many games, lack of custom keybinds.

Fun...Man
02-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Here you can read how to change controller mapping on PC, I don't know if it works with any controller...
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5u9qxt/how_to_remap_any_controller_i_think_on_pc/

CaptainCreeps
02-16-2017, 05:03 PM
You can remap your ds4 buttons in the ps4 settings, settings -> Accessibility -> Button Assignments. This is for all games and navigation!
I have mapped my guard break (square) to my right stick. Much easier now for me to guard break after a little getting used to.

Thx, just gotta remember to revert back to default when playing BF and Overwatch hehe.

Immortal_Zeal
02-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Massive difference now I'm used to it.

Consist counters all over. Even better as Llawbringer.

PacTheManlyMan
02-16-2017, 07:26 PM
Consider this:
Feint => L1 (chat)
Dash => L2 (toggle lockon)
GB => R3 (reset camera)

No more will you need to hesitate whether to thumb dodge or defense!
Also easy guard break.

Takes some time getting used to it, but once you do, it works so well.

suboptiml
02-16-2017, 07:52 PM
i have same problem, for now we cant change controller bind on pc. i know in such a big title aaa game it sounds like a joke

Nowadays, any game on PC that doesn't provide remapping of controls is lacking basic functionality, imo.

emoKittenCZ
02-16-2017, 08:00 PM

RTFM (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1576786-Allow-us-to-fully-customize-controls?p=12300992&viewfull=1#post12300992) :)

T_Djinn_T
02-16-2017, 08:01 PM
Consider this:
Feint => L1 (chat)
Dash => L2 (toggle lockon)
GB => R3 (reset camera)

No more will you need to hesitate whether to thumb dodge or defense!
Also easy guard break.

Takes some time getting used to it, but once you do, it works so well.

I'm on PC this is my PS4 Controls for this game

X=Dash
Circle=Quick Chat
R3=GB
LB=Fient
L3=Dodge

All other buttons default
Makes all of combat controlled with the two sticks instead of requiring claw controller typet