PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Too Fast?

ipm204
02-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Is it just me, or is the speed of this class a little too fast?

When I play Warlord especially, I can't seem to hit them lol, I leap in with a flying attack to close the distance, the dodge to the side. I attack from close they, so step back really fast. I grab them then strike, or throw them then strike, I'm lucky to get a light attack, but heavy attacks are almost impossible. In my personal experience, these two classes aren't balanced against each other.

Dreamsweeps
02-16-2017, 01:47 PM
They are not fast, its the rest of the crew that is WAY to slow and predictible :)

ipm204
02-16-2017, 02:00 PM
Let me guess, the guys replying are assassin fanboys? lol

Brave_Thunder
02-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Like others have said,assassins aren't too fast,you just need to react faster.Got a lot of duels vs wardens as orochi,and they can easily parry my dash attack if I use it too much,while having a good speed in lateral attacks as well.If you have a shield,of course you are slower,you have more defense.

Leon026
02-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Let me guess, the guys replying are assassin fanboys? lol

Well, I suppose unless we fully agree with your point of view, we must all be assassin players, and thus all comments are invalid. amirite?

SerArthur-Dayne
02-16-2017, 02:24 PM
They are even slower than the beta... This game is going to turn into bloody chess if the game speed gets any slower...

I_am_a_robot
02-16-2017, 02:31 PM
lights attacks and dodge should cost more stamina especially if you spam them in a short period of time, there you go, solved. or you know assassins fanboys could just not be spamming sh*theads, but we all know that's not going to happen... and some of the other classes should get more HP or assasins damage nerf a little, not normal my Warlord gets killed by one Orochi overhead swing when I have 3/4 of my health left even if someone stacks Attack. Not normal any of them hit almost as hard as slow heavies and hybrids

Kemorand
02-16-2017, 02:33 PM
They are also the least (or most) affected by any degree of latency because of their speed, which exacerbates everything. Wouldn't be surprised to find that the best assassins are the ones with the ****tiest connections, streamers and whatnot. Any assassin outside my region is nearly auto-lose if they can play somewhat.

Brave_Thunder
02-16-2017, 02:35 PM
lights attacks and dodge should cost more stamina especially if you spam them in a short period of time, there you go, solved. or you know assassins fanboys could just not be spamming sh*theads, but we all know that's not going to happen... and some of the other classes should get more HP or assasins damage nerf a little, not normal my Warlord gets killed by one Orochi overhead swing when I have 3/4 of my health left even if someone stacks Attack. Not normal any of them hit almost as hard as slow heavies and hybrids

Would be way more usefull to discuss avoiding generalizations.I play orochi and usually I do combos after parryng the enemy,not all the assassins just mash their light attack.Besides that, being killed with 1 heavy at 3/4 is highly exaggerate.Either that,or you were playng with someone with very high gear level focussed on attack.In duels,even shoguki can't do that damage.

ipm204
02-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Like others have said,assassins aren't too fast,you just need to react faster.Got a lot of duels vs wardens as orochi,and they can easily parry my dash attack if I use it too much,while having a good speed in lateral attacks as well.If you have a shield,of course you are slower,you have more defense.

I have no problem with Orochi, I guess it's the Peacekeeper mainly because her direction of attack is never revealed, and if you combine this with the speed advantage she has over the slow Warlord, it not something you can respond to like you suggest. I could throw em off and get the win that way, but it feels cheap. I'm looking for some tactics here. Anyone here able to take on a good Peacekeeper player as a Warlord? Let me know your results. Thanks.

Brave_Thunder
02-16-2017, 03:04 PM
I have no problem with Orochi, I guess it's the Peacekeeper mainly because her direction of attack is never revealed, and if you combine this with the speed advantage she has over the slow Warlord, it not something you can respond to like you suggest. I could throw em off and get the win that way, but it feels cheap. I'm looking for some tactics here. Anyone here able to take on a good Peacekeeper player as a Warlord? Let me know your results. Thanks.

I don't play warlord,but I know ho peacekeapeer works.The tactic with a defensive hero is to wait her to open the fight.Use your guard up,since her dash attacks comes always from that direction.If she dashes,the attack comes always from the direction of her dash,and her heavy is too slow to just dash and do it in the opposite direction(but be carefull for the cancel with the light,it applies bleed).
If she does a combo,she always starts from a light.After a light,she can do another light then heavy,or directly a heavy.Both those combos can be parried if you don't panic because she will spin and attack slower than normal heavyes.If I remember correctly the warlord has also hiper armor on heavy attacks,so abuse your range and don't let her gb you.

BadgerBadger25
02-16-2017, 05:30 PM
Warlord is one of the best and most frustrating 1v1 classes, if you cannot block PeaceKeeper lights, your reactions are too slow.

Dellodas
02-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Since we see most community players playing assassins in the matchmaking, it's the OP class. Especially orochi and peacekeeper with their fast attacks that deal way to much damage, their distance attacks with the katana and blades that are equal if not more with the spear holding heroes, they merely lose any stamina when they attack,dodge,leap.

They need balance since the P2P connections are way to laggy and unresponsive, it's hard to parry their attacks.This game needs dedicated servers first of all and balance with the fast classes.