PDA

View Full Version : Guardbreak quality of life update needed

SuperMmeee
02-16-2017, 12:21 PM
Using guardbreak at the "same" moment ends in dice roll. Im sure everyone is experiencing this and is also thinking its not healthy for gameplay. When u have that super close fight and u both use guardbreak before either of u hit it, only to have the dice rolled who is actually gonna hit it, because using it at the same time disables u the opportunity to counter guardbreak (animation or skill cooldown reasons) thus leaving no skilled counterplay option. There is no option to play better at this situtation, meaning, going offense is lucky gamble and simply waiting ur opponent to guardbreak first is the way to go. And since almost everything in this game is about waiting ur opponent to act first, something actually needs to be rewarding when u go offense. Im already waiting my opponent to strike me first so I can parry, or dash hit. Or Im waiting for him to dash so I can counter dash or parry. But now I need to wait them to guardbreak first too? Unless I wanna throw the dice if he uses it the same time. Then the question is how exactly do you attack anyone in a game that gives every advantage to player who is defending? (Applies only to high skilled players who can actually react to enemy plays)

Konkuradaa
02-16-2017, 12:46 PM
I feel this especially against assassin classes. I can start my guard break a half second before them but theirs still connects first and I get punished by not being allowed to tech it. I don't mind it when we both guard break and it bounces though.

Dabeat.
02-16-2017, 01:01 PM
I would love for guard break to work like it did in the open beta :p

Eikwerno
02-16-2017, 01:03 PM
I absolutely agree. This is really frustrating!

Squ1dF4ce
02-16-2017, 01:06 PM
I do feel like the counter guard break window needs to be extended.

maybe by a second, maybe half a second.

However the current response time is too fast for most players.