PDA

View Full Version : POLL. Was BETA really so much better than RELEASE?

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 10:16 AM
It feels like there is a lot of rumor on the forums.
One side hates the changes from BETA experience perspetive, along with more competitive players who enjoyed mechanics being based more on responses.
On the oposite side we have newcomers who claim that new clumsy system is just okay.

I do belive it is time to see some numbers.

P.S.
Regarding the fact that limited player base had access to CBT and it was mostly same like OBT build mostly in terms of fight mechanics, i have decided to treat those as one.

Vault_Traveler
02-16-2017, 10:29 AM
In my opinion no, nothing big has changed or was better then before.

Its different maybe but i am not affected in the slightest.

Quinn1987
02-16-2017, 10:51 AM
In my opinion no, nothing big has changed or was better then before.

Its different maybe but i am not affected in the slightest.

This.

KuroFurukou
02-16-2017, 11:40 AM
voted.
Yeah it was better during the beta.

Goat3_Saeko
02-16-2017, 11:47 AM
Close beta was much better than open beta and the actual launch of the game

Jesse Zin
02-16-2017, 11:51 AM
I played the open beta and was absolutely stoked for the game. But now I've been playing a few days and I am incredibly frustrated by how poor the block mechanics respond compared to the beta. More than 50% of my blocks does not respond leaving me with close to unplayable combat.

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 12:32 PM
I wonder if the numbers keep up. For now tendency is to drawback to BETA build as majority of people would be happy or wouldn,t mind it at all.
I'm curious if this keeps up.

Godsplitter1991
02-16-2017, 12:35 PM
No. The only difference to me is the GB change. That's it.

DrExtrem
02-16-2017, 12:41 PM
The closed beta gad better gameplay, felt more responsive and the timings in multiplayer matches were working far better.

The matchmaking felt more fair, balanced and faster - WITH LESS PEOPLE PLAYING!

Ragnar---
02-16-2017, 12:56 PM
The closed beta gad better gameplay, felt more responsive and the timings in multiplayer matches were working far better.

Do you have proof of this by any chance?.

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 12:57 PM

My thoughts exactly. I wonder who's idea it was to change it all around and cause so many problems for players, as well as starting the HATE-Train on forums.
He should be fired imidiately along with the sorry individual that decided that we do not need dedicated servers.
They both show lack of respect, interest and understanding on what the community expects, deserves and demands from gaming industry.
Period.

You sir need a proof, that there were less people playing in CLOSED test, rather than game official launch? Is it really what you're asking?

e.Ryzekanzler
02-16-2017, 01:02 PM
I havent mentioned any changes. I always timed my GBs the right way, so I rly never noticed it. I also cant agree to these "block"-Problems. I am just fine. A friend of mine was crying about the same tho. He just decreased the mouse sensitivity and said, that it fixed it. I never changed my sensitivity tho.

'cheers

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 01:08 PM
i might try that. It is a fix tho, not a solution.
And the counter guard break mechanics that are idiot friendly now... i hate it so much... games should be reaction+skill based. Thats it!

Ragnar---
02-16-2017, 01:15 PM
You sir need a proof, that there were less people playing in CLOSED test, rather than game official launch? Is it really what you're asking?

I'm asking for proof for the fact that you think the game feels and plays a lot different to the betas. There are so many people saying this yet none of them have any proof other than their words and feelings on the game. My feelings and that of my friends is the game is pretty much the same with no noticeable difference in gameplay.

Meksikinietis
02-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Cry only samurai and PK players, because they do more dmg then another champ. But still NOOBushi op and orochi.

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm asking for proof for the fact that you think the game feels and plays a lot different to the betas. There are so many people saying this yet none of them have any proof other than their words and feelings on the game. My feelings and that of my friends is the game is pretty much the same with no noticeable difference in gameplay.

So you are asking for a proof of subjective feel of specific individual playing on a speciffic hardware and software version with speciffic connection, based on different opinion from someone with completely different hardware software and internet? Is that right?

Ragnar---
02-16-2017, 01:29 PM
So you are asking for a proof of subjective feel of specific individual playing on a speciffic hardware and software version with speciffic connection, based on different opinion from someone with completely different hardware software and internet? Is that right?

I wouldn't have put it as you did because you seem to struggle with English a bit but I imagine it's not your native tongue so you can improve that :).

So your proof of a different game is based on nothing? got you.

Vordred
02-16-2017, 01:32 PM
as someone that played in the closed alpha's and beta's the game does feel differen't, something just feels off and not as responsive as it was.

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't have put it as you did because you seem to struggle with English a bit but I imagine it's not your native tongue so you can improve that :).

So your proof of a different game is based on nothing? got you.

No the problem, you are facing here is that you fail to comprehend the very meaning of distinctive subjective not objective feeling of a specific person playing on a specific piece of computer with a specific system and game settings.
You can neither compare subjective opinion, nor demand proof of that, its an opinion not a fact.
Was that english enough for you sir ?

as someone that played in the closed alpha's and beta's the game does feel differen't, something just feels off and not as responsive as it was.

Thank you. My point exactly.

Meksikinietis
02-16-2017, 01:34 PM

In close beta Pk and noobushi and orochi do more dmg then now. But atlast they nerf them. And in closed alpha i think only 6 champs. 2 knight,2viking and 2 samuai :) So its a big different :)

DrExtrem
02-16-2017, 01:37 PM

The other way around. Can you prove that nothing changed?

I guess all the people, who are having comparable issues, simply forgot how to play during Monday and the build up muscle memory is simply gone over night.

m0u-1337
02-16-2017, 01:37 PM
I am missing the choice between OBT and CBT. I liked the CBT the most because blocking the GB was better and i think it was performing better then it does right now (considered balancing)

Ragnar---
02-16-2017, 01:40 PM
The other way around. Can you prove that nothing changed?

I guess all the people, who are having comparable issues, simply forgot how to play during Monday and the build up muscle memory is simply gone over night.

I don't need to bring any proof to the table. You are the one that wants things changed based on feelings and subjective data. I however am happy with the game as it is. So where is your proof?.

Ragnar---
02-16-2017, 01:41 PM
No the problem, you are facing here is that you fail to comprehend the very meaning of distinctive subjective not objective feeling of a specific person playing on a specific piece of computer with a specific system and game settings.
You can neither compare subjective opinion, nor demand proof of that, its an opinion not a fact.
Was that english enough for you sir ?

Thank you. My point exactly.

Ok. So where is your proof that the game is different?. Do you honestly think Ubisoft is going to listen to you if you don't have side by side data to prove this is happening?

SpringReborn
02-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Need a little help here. I joined the forums a week ago and have no idea how to vote in polls. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

SerArthur-Dayne
02-16-2017, 02:16 PM
I don't need to bring any proof to the table. You are the one that wants things changed based on feelings and subjective data. I however am happy with the game as it is. So where is your proof?.

Are you argueing that the beta build of the game, and the release build of the game are in no way different? And that when polls on the forums showing that the VAST majority of people can see a very noticable differece in gamplay between the two, that everyone is wrong?

We know they changed Guardbreak, We know they nerfed peacekeeper and broke her stab, because the devs have actually said this. They obviously changed a lot more than this before releasing the game... I mean thats proof in itself that they changed the game between the two builds. So... Theres your proof I guess...

Sugaroverdose
02-16-2017, 02:36 PM
It feels like there is a lot of rumor on the forums.
One side hates the changes from BETA experience perspetive, along with more competitive players who enjoyed mechanics being based more on responses.
On the oposite side we have newcomers who claim that new clumsy system is just okay.

I do belive it is time to see some numbers.

P.S.
Regarding the fact that limited player base had access to CBT and it was mostly same like OBT build mostly in terms of fight mechanics, i have decided to treat those as one.OBT was much more responsive from my PoV

Ragnar---
02-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Are you argueing that the beta build of the game, and the release build of the game are in no way different? And that when polls on the forums showing that the VAST majority of people can see a very noticable differece in gamplay between the two, that everyone is wrong?

We know they changed Guardbreak, We know they nerfed peacekeeper and broke her stab, because the devs have actually said this. They obviously changed a lot more than this before releasing the game... I mean thats proof in itself that they changed the game between the two builds. So... Theres your proof I guess...

I know the developers changed guard break, it's something I do not enjoy. The Peacekeeper needed to be nerfed, her stab was OP. What I don't see is that the game is 'unresponsive and slow'. These are based on absolutely nothing and with no proof there is no discussion other than an echo chamber of people with this same 'feeling'. This is the only place on the internet who feels this way, it's weird.

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 03:38 PM
my god it is worse than i thought. 60% want previous build, and 92% would agree to have it..

UBISOFT DOES THAT TELL YOU ANYTHING?

Ragnar---
02-16-2017, 03:56 PM
my god it is worse than i thought. 60% want previous build, and 92% would agree to have it..

UBISOFT DOES THAT TELL YOU ANYTHING?

The poll is pretty evenly split.

Saeryf
02-16-2017, 04:25 PM
I had matchmaking drop very few times in Closed Beta, we're talking single digits. Open Beta was far worse by comparison, and release has been a **** show. Top this all off with the GB being busted as hell, and them launching with a known bug for the Peacekeeper class and you've got a distinctly worse play environment than the previous builds. It's astonishing how awful they made the game in so little time.

sadboys_2001
02-16-2017, 04:38 PM
I don't know why but in the closed beta I'd find matches instantly and rarely get kicked from a game. Now I spend about 10 minutes on queue just to get kicked when I find a game.

Zorgototh
02-16-2017, 04:44 PM
As far as I remember, Beta was unstable and I was able to play couple of hours w/o issues.

Release is far more better.

As for balance and stuff, well, I play ONLY raider. It was easy in Beta since no-one was aware about game mechanics and stuff. Now, since everybody is an so called expert, it's pretty hard.

I liked community in Beta better. They were more role-playing (in terms of HONOR). Now it's just a farm. I still meet people who greet each other and wish each other good game and stuff, but it's far more less.

In terms of whining about classes: Well, I'm a raider. I'm bad and 1vs1, becaus I'm trying to follow For Honor Code of Honor guide ( http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1570116-The-Duelist-Code-of-Honor-(DCoH) ), so I don't throw people away and stuff. :) Some classes are amazingly good performers, some classes not so much. I played with friends in Dominion and it was extremely pushing our communication and understaning how teamplay works. Sometimes it was just: "Dude, don't come near. You bother me. Your swings interupt mine". In BETA I wasn't able to play with friends because of bugs.

My friend played conqueror and other some sort of samurai. Doesn't matter. Our conqueror was slow, so we left him capture point A, and both of us went to the B and we faced 3 enemies. In THAT perticular situation, balance was okay. We fought. Sometimes we lost, sometimes we won. About 50/50 and this is a perfect balance.

"Wchich build of the game did you consider more reliable and fun in terms of gameplay"

This one.
1) I can play with friends
2) No issues with connection
3) More maps and classes
4) More skilled players and challange.

We play this game, where someone, you or your enemy, will die.
You don't want to lose, don't play the game where you can die. Doesn't matter if it's balance/skill related death.

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 07:48 PM
@Zorgototh,
Everything cool and beautifull, bu this thread is about broken clumsy mechanics in Release version, and more issues with disconnects etc, compared to beta. CLass ballance aside.

Mjolnir1337
02-16-2017, 08:15 PM
The ONLY reason I can think this being true is player skill level.

In the beta, game was new to everyone. So players could spam attack combos all day and have "fun" exchanging blows till someone died.

Now that more people have played beta, and more people bought the game, they have had more practice and people realize now that defense > all. So people spend less time spamming attacks and more time trying to block/parry/dodge/Tech and get little "pokes" in here or there when its free damage.

Game turns into a "whoever attacks first loses" situation.

FRANKLY.... I dont think blocking a light attack should stop the combo. I frankly think that light attacks should be allowed to continue in their combo - if blocked. If Parried then yes - it would be parried.

Heavy attacks should EITHER - take stamina to block OR, have "chip" damage so even if you do block them, they have a cost. Again, the solution here is to Parry/Dodge. Since its a heavy attack, it would be easier to see/avoid/parry.

That would make the game atleast feel slightly less attacker-punishing IMO. I would also suggest Parry doesnt give "free damage" but merely drains attackers stamina and either - stops light attack chains OR on a heavy - allows so no (insert stamina/chip damage) is taken and again, drains stamina.

This would make defense not > offense but would balance the scales a TAD. Also it would be more new player friendly IMO allowing them to chain light attack combos easier and maybe set up heavier hits.

UL_BULLET
02-16-2017, 08:22 PM
I've noticed a lot worse framerate (PS4) problems in release than in the betas. This has led to some extra hits taken for me at least. The other problem I'm having is the guard break interrupt never triggers, and I was able to pull it off much more often in the beta. I also hate the shugoki....a lot.

Drekle
02-16-2017, 08:24 PM
This is so hard to vote on.

The closed beta crashed all over the place. The release has huge issues with timing changes, lag, and balance.

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 11:02 PM
This is so hard to vote on.

The closed beta crashed all over the place. The release has huge issues with timing changes, lag, and balance.

And the Release version itself crashes like crazy. SOmetimes its smooth but even today i had 2 crash spikes, where i tried 6 times to join a match then the 6th time i even did it, but got kicked from the lobby. And after that it just let go till another no reason error...
All hail P2P servers!!!

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 11:04 PM
I support the beta build coming back. Much better gameplay and was fluid.

WickedGenesis
02-16-2017, 11:12 PM

This. I have played Conquerer exclusively through both betas and launch. Instantly on the launch version I could tell the mechanics were different, especially the sluggish block. Which as conquerer, I had a very familiar sense of. They also changed the heal on block from T3L2 to T3L3. Not as big of a deal but an observed change.

The changes to block have affected my build as it revolves around heal on block, decreasing my survivability in 3+v1 substantially.

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 11:19 PM
This. I have played Conquerer exclusively through both betas and launch. Instantly on the launch version I could tell the mechanics were different, especially the sluggish block. Which as conquerer, I had a very familiar sense of. They also changed the heal on block from T3L2 to T3L3. Not as big of a deal but an observed change.

The changes to block have affected my build as it revolves around heal on block, decreasing my survivability in 3+v1 substantially.

Dude same. I main conq and through the betas it was so different of a beast. I had to change my style up in launch and I honestly don't know if I'm back to my status I was in beta. So much has changed and it affects conq a lot

TheBadMan_
02-17-2017, 08:03 AM
Dude same. I main conq and through the betas it was so different of a beast. I had to change my style up in launch and I honestly don't know if I'm back to my status I was in beta. So much has changed and it affects conq a lot

Trust me it affects everyone. The Release build is just clumsy and non responsive. I also like the old CGB skill/reflex based mechanics. Now its just "click when we tell you ald you'll be fine poor arcade child''.
Also i hope that UBI have their hands dirty, preparing dedicated servers wchich this game desperately need, because the bug count now is insane. Also since it not only crashes MM, but also lobby and the matches itself, it is a shamefull display of their coding abilities.
I can not understand as well how can they present to us a OBT build and in two days present to us something completely different.
They either rushed it in two days and didn't test it(doubtfull), or have it ready even before the beta and just failed to test it properly(more likely).
My question here is why make the OBT in the first place, if you wont even use the build you present to people?

EDIT: I gladly link this post here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

"Guardbreak Counter (All Heroes):
Currently you can’t counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. This will be returned to the previous behavior seen in the Beta."

We did it! Congratz!

Truuce
02-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Matchmaking actually worked during closed beta.