PDA

View Full Version : How and where to pledge your 'war assets', this is REALLY bad GUI Ubisoft

Jarnhand
02-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Is it just me, or is there no other way to pledge your war assets then after / in between multiplayer matches?

I find nothing on the tactical map, I find nothing in the menues.

So it can ONLY be done after/in between matches? And what happens if you do not pledge, its lost?

This has to be one of the worst GUI blunders in a modern gaming, how can such an important feature be so hidden?..

The_B0G_
02-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Deleted** thought you didn't know how to do it so I explained.

Jarnhand
02-16-2017, 09:03 AM
They will automatically be spread equally if you do not do it yourself.

I agree the system is completely bad designed. Clicking after every game on assets and then on a region is two likes i will never do if it stays like now.

OK thanks, then its not just me....wow...yeah, reward for bad design of the year award? No seriously, I mean it! The menues/GUI in this game is down right BAD!

Derity
02-16-2017, 09:14 AM
It's easy to call a system a bad design when you have no suggestion for a better design.

Jarnhand
02-16-2017, 09:21 AM
It's easy to call a system a bad design when you have no suggestion for a better design.

I am not the game designer, Ubisoft is, and this design is plain horrible, anyone with a history of gaming can see this. If Ubisoft pays me I will GLADLY make a better one!

Peanut-uk
02-16-2017, 09:23 AM
I agree it's terrible, as for better solutions, queue up the war assets, when we leave the lobby, ask us then if we want to distribute them, then. the amount 1 person gains is miniscule in the grand scheme of things so it shouldn't hurt balance too much and means I don't have to go through 5 different screens after every single match just to add a paullry contribution which seems to make no real difference. .

I'm sure there are better solutions but this is slightly less terrible

asenkah
02-16-2017, 09:29 AM
I agree it's terrible, as for better solutions, queue up the war assets, when we leave the lobby, ask us then if we want to distribute them, then. the amount 1 person gains is miniscule in the grand scheme of things so it shouldn't hurt balance too much and means I don't have to go through 5 different screens after every single match just to add a paullry contribution which seems to make no real difference. .

I'm sure there are better solutions but this is slightly less terrible

Definitely a better solution than the current implementation. Too many clicks to get to this as is and when between matches when you just want to ready-up for next match it is frustrating. Also if you're in a mode where you aren't currently contesting nearby areas its even more clicks to get to a place you want to put them. UGH!

Triplash
02-17-2017, 04:09 PM
They will automatically be spread equally if you do not do it yourself.

I agree the system is completely bad designed. Clicking after every game on assets and then on a region is two likes i will never do if it stays like now.

Okay see I had to do a forum search because this isn't explained well in game. Until I got here and saw this I had no idea where to see my war assets, what happens to them if I leave a game mode, is there any way to spend them except in between matches, do I need to spend them after EVERY match or after a few or just when I switch game modes.

It's still all very unclear to me but at least now I know they will automatically be spent if I don't do it.

Faction war is a GREAT idea but it needs to be better explained and much more accessible in game, not limited to one menu option in between matches and no other way to access it. After a match everyone is getting ready for the next match not thinking about war assets. The flow chart is completely wrong.

Current Design flow:
match -> assets? -> match -> assets? -> customize, switch game mode -> oh i forgot about my assets -> repeat

Better Design Flow
match -> match -> match -> customize, spend assets, switch game mode ->repeat