PDA

View Full Version : Counter GB not working?

SerArthur-Dayne
02-16-2017, 05:59 AM
I dont know if this is a bug, but I can't counter a guard break atm. Ive been fighting bots/ players in MP, and purposefully baiting them to hit GB with their back to a ledge, and as soon as they do it, ive been finger punching the CGB button to death, and its like its not even regestering, ive also tried more precise single button presses all along the CBG window too. Not the odd time either, but consistently isnt working for me. I didnt have a problem with this in the beta... Is anyone else getting this issue? Cheers

FlipTheUsbTwice
02-16-2017, 06:02 AM
Its because they made it such a small ****ing time frame that doesn't even work most of the time. Its kinda ********.

Special4ces Dom
02-16-2017, 07:01 AM
Dude I cannot stress how often I INTENTIONALLY put myself in a situation to bait a Guard Break and I still can't counter the F'ing thing...

Biocoast
02-16-2017, 07:10 AM
I dont know if this is a bug, but I can't counter a guard break atm. Ive been fighting bots/ players in MP, and purposefully baiting them to hit GB with their back to a ledge, and as soon as they do it, ive been finger punching the CGB button to death, and its like its not even regestering, ive also tried more precise single button presses all along the CBG window too. Not the odd time either, but consistently isnt working for me. I didnt have a problem with this in the beta... Is anyone else getting this issue? Cheers

They changed the counter GB mechanic with release client, now you have to wait for the gb to actually connect (+/- a frame) for the counter to work... IMO the timeframe to hit the GB is just to small for how big of an impact GB has on the game, it can instantly kill you if you dont hit the perfect timing on it, while getting a GB thru is relatively easy.

Guess its time to learn to fly.

Kiiyor
02-16-2017, 07:13 AM
Same thing here. I don't know what it is.

In CB, I could reliably counter them, if I was on the ball, but now, almost never. I just can't retrain my muscle memory. It's made me so frustrated today that I physically bit my mouse, heh. I haven't had a reaction to game frustration like that since ghouls and goblins.

It doesn't help that the tutorial is blatantly wrong now - it tells you to counter when you see the enemy shield. This will NEVER work. You have to counter on audio queue - when you hear them impact you, fire it then, and it should work.

I can get it to work against bots, but not so reliably against players. I know there are others that don't have my problem because I've found opponents who can nail it every time.

LiFoDetails
02-16-2017, 07:21 AM
1. Guard break now requires that you press it later rather than earlier. Timing for guard break is also now different between no stamina and stamina. Tapping it too early results in an immediate failure. You must guard break when the shield appears above your character.

FROM http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1577829-Changes-since-OBT-and-new-Character-Tier-List

inthe0ry
02-16-2017, 07:23 AM
I am in the same position. Basically, i feel like its pure luck to counter a guard break. plus with any amount of server lag its near impossible.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-16-2017, 07:31 AM
They changed the counter GB mechanic with release client, now you have to wait for the gb to actually connect (+/- a frame) for the counter to work... IMO the timeframe to hit the GB is just to small for how big of an impact GB has on the game, it can instantly kill you if you dont hit the perfect timing on it, while getting a GB thru is relatively easy.

Guess its time to learn to fly.

Thanks for this info, I just noticed that the small window is just AFTER you get GB. I was hitting it early and getting frustrated that I wasnt hitting it early enough! lol. Still tough, but this has helped a lot, cheers

Vault_Traveler
02-16-2017, 07:31 AM
I dunno i dont have ANY problem, i can counter and break guards like before.