PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation for the game

necrome85
02-16-2017, 05:36 AM
There is a lot of negativity on the forums and possibly reddit for this game so I just want to share that I am really enjoying it thus far. I have no major complaints other than the occasional matchmaking dropouts/lag and slight balancing issues with maybe only Nobushi & Peacekeeper (their run speed primarily). The parry and counter-guardbreak timings are working perfectly fine on my end and with a lot of my other friends as well. Most of us come from competitive fighting games so that may be why we're used to the rhythm of teching throws (counter guardbreak in For Honor).

This game has also one of the most balanced launch states in a multiplayer fighter in recent memory and the skill ceiling of the game is extremely high. Do please keep up the good work with the development! For the players that are having trouble, I started out dying repeatedly and terribly and my main is Kensei. After putting close to 20 hours into the game, I now have no major issues duelling any class one-to-one and it's mostly fair game. This opinion is mirrored on Twitch too when you look at the good players fight in the game so keep at it guys :) There are a tonne of control intricacies, tricks and mind games which is difficult to grasp at first because it is a pretty novel combat system, and the learning curve can be punishing like Dark Souls, it will reward you at the end though!

Ryumanjisen
02-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Agreed. I'm still worried about how defending is way more rewarding than attacking (and what will mean when the high level meta starts to develop), but for the most part this is one of the most balanced fighting games at launch I've seen.

And glad to see another Kensei main. We are few, but I suppose becoming a "Sword Saint" is a difficult path, isn't it?

necrome85
02-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Indeed sir, indeed!