PDA

View Full Version : Overpowered characters

GeneralB4tman
02-16-2017, 05:06 AM
There 12 characters in this game, and 80% of the time I play ANY game mode, there is a peacekeeper or an Orochi. Why, because they have the most spammable attacks in the game. Hang back, divery forward and repeatedly hit light attack in different directions as fast as you can, then dodge to the side and continue. Peacekeeper is worse because of how she can bleed you out.

Now I'm not saying they are unbeatable, because I've beaten them plenty of times, but they are without a doubt the hardest to fight. I shouldn't have to hope and pray I block in the right direction of one of their MANY attacks. I know they are squishy, but they can sit back and attack from great distances because their lunge attacks seem to suction to you. I just hope that ubisoft sees how frequently they are used and how much larger their win ratio is and nerfs them accordingly.

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 05:09 AM
Agree. Peacekeeper needs more nerf

IIII 47 IIII
02-16-2017, 05:14 AM
They don't need nerfs, you just need to get better at combating them. Everything you have an issue with when it comes to those characters can be countered with skill and know how. Iv come across some good Orochi and Peacekeeper users and not once did I leave the fight thinking i lost because they needed a nerf. I lost due to mistakes I made and this is why you are losing to them. The difference is I learn what I did wrong and counter, you just want them to be nerfed so you don't have to put in the effort. Long story short, Get Good.

GeneralB4tman
02-16-2017, 05:15 AM
I bet you main as them too huh

forrest0755
02-16-2017, 05:18 AM
I think every game is going to have spammers, there is not much you can do about it. You could Nerf them, but then they would be too weak, and it would hurt the players who use them without spamming

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 05:20 AM
Then blame the people that actually use them that the people who spam ruined it. In life good things are ruined by bad people. It's life. Get over it. -_- (not you just in general)

IIII 47 IIII
02-16-2017, 05:23 AM

Iv never used Peacekeeper, but I do run Orochi quite a bit, however I tend to not use his light attacks as often as I should. Its a mistake I'm working on correcting so I don't become predictable. I have encountered the very Orochi you speak of though and defeating them is just a matter of knowing what your character can do(or cant do).

IIII 47 IIII
02-16-2017, 05:25 AM
Then blame the people that actually use them that the people who spam ruined it. In life good things are ruined by bad people. It's life. Get over it. -_- (not you just in general)

Or, you take the grown up route and learn to counter them. Asking for a nerf because YOU struggle with them is akin to wanting an Easy Mode in Dark Souls because you can't beat the first boss. Learn.

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 05:27 AM
Or, you take the grown up route and learn to counter them. Asking for a nerf because YOU struggle with them is akin to wanting an Easy Mode in Dark Souls because you can't beat the first boss. Learn.

Guess what? I don't play Dark Souls nor do I like it.

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-16-2017, 05:29 AM
My only concern as far as balance is the shoguki right now. As others said, once you learn to play against most classes they are much more manageable.

Ryumanjisen
02-16-2017, 05:32 AM
I play Kensei, and I can tell you Peacekeepr and Orochi are FAR from Overpowered. In my humble opinion, the heavys are the strongest characters right now (Conqueror, Warlord and, on top of them, the Shugoki).

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 05:35 AM
I play Kensei, and I can tell you Peacekeepr and Orochi are FAR from Overpowered. In my humble opinion, the heavys are the strongest characters right now (Conqueror, Warlord and, on top of them, the Shugoki).

BS! I main conqueror and you can easily sidestep me with those assassins classes. I'm slow and yea I'm powerful, but you can easily avoid me especially with the changes from the Open Beta. We are STRONGEST, but not the best which isn't the same as overpowered. Overpowered isn't purely strength, but what that class can do. As for such PK shouldn't have bleeds because they already have an advantage.

DarkSight00
02-16-2017, 05:37 AM
The peacekeeper was OP in the beta, but now I feel like I can actually play and win against her. I have been playing the Valkyrie and have done fairly well at a 63% win rate in duels. My biggest problem is how little damage the Valkyrie does, and how the whole shield bash leg sweep combo has no damage potential. "I pushed you around and knocked you down, now were both out of stamina...yay..." To me it is a mountain of a challenge to take down a Shugoki with her. 30+ light attacks landed and they finally go down, all while trying not to get killed in the 3 hits it takes for him to put you 6 feet under.

RonaldMiller1986
02-16-2017, 05:40 AM

You see this is where we see you're a moron.. in ds2 I was dual mundane AveLyne which means I created my own easy mode and wrecked in pvp..

The same concept applies in all games there is always a cheap way and spamming light attacks is it in this game.. I play orochi all I do is r1 I can't stand the fact you have to directional block in this game talk about tedious and boring. I don't even know how to guard break or really do crap.. I still go 15-3 average.. because either the enemy is stuck in I'm hit animation or cause I baited a team mate and we gonna 2v1 you now with r1 lol..

Ryumanjisen
02-16-2017, 05:41 AM
BS! I main conqueror and you can easily sidestep me with those assassins classes. I'm slow and yea I'm powerful, but you can easily avoid me especially with the changes from the Open Beta. We are STRONGEST, but not the best which isn't the same as overpowered. Overpowered isn't purely strength, but what that class can do. As for such PK shouldn't have bleeds because they already have an advantage.

If they sidestep you, guard break them. If they sidestep and attack you, parry them. You're a conqueror, you're supposed to wait for an opening. If you attack first, yo're screwed.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-16-2017, 05:46 AM
How does one "spam" these characters!?

-So using grab, is someone clearly using it as a "crutch".
-Using R1 attacks is "spam".
-Dodging is "easy mode".
-Bleed is clearly "OP".
-Its to easy to parry with these classes too!

You either got outplayed or you didnt...

(also PK is broken nerfed atm, [Not my words but the actual Devs shes fairly underpowered compared to her counterparts, pick it up and try it out)

Nexuss94
02-16-2017, 05:52 AM
LoL stopped reading at Peacekeeper - this is more of a case of "oh look you suck" must be the class is OP the peacekeepers grab stab combo is bugged atm and people are still kicking ur anus as i said you suck its not the classes

GeneralB4tman
02-16-2017, 05:57 AM
I'm not the only one to post about them. They are absolutely OP. Orochi can CONSTANTLY guard break and attack over and over. And his dodge to the side and attack that way is SUPER quick. Playing as a big hero makes it tough to attack them seeing as your attacks can be seen a mile away.

The "get good" argument doesn't apply here. I'm not saying they can't be beaten or that I haven't beaten them, but they are by far the hardest to beat. I've adjusted my play and everything.

Saying "oh just guard break or parry" is a lot easier said than done against such fast attacks.

GeneralB4tman
02-16-2017, 06:20 AM
LoL stopped reading at Peacekeeper - this is more of a case of "oh look you suck" must be the class is OP the peacekeepers grab stab combo is bugged atm and people are still kicking ur anus as i said you suck its not the classes

Jeez read the whOle post. I'm not saying she's unbeatable, I'm saying her and orochi are the toughest to beat. It's a common trend with those two. Stop being ignorant

The_B0G_
02-16-2017, 06:28 AM
PK is only an issue when its 2v1 on me, I don't find her that great. That spamurai Orochi is a different beast altogether, his attacks come so fast and he can move in and out of range so quickly he pretty much runs over all slower classes with ease. His light attacks never stop.

Powermolch
02-16-2017, 06:32 AM
Game may be more balanced at maximum skill cap. But there is a large discrepancy in the way up to the top. Orochi, Nobushi and PK are prime examples. Top of the Playerbase can maybe easily deal with them. And it may be hard for the said Characters to deal with the top 10% of the playerbase. Other than that, it takes a lot more skill to deal with these classes than to play them. First 3 Games Oroshi i win with light attack spam, dodging back only. Won 6 out of 7 Nobushi games (1vs1 and playing first time) just doing the bleeding stab ONLY. It may be hard to master them properly, but its incredibly easy to kill 50% of the Playerbase and with learnign some of the moveset and timings you win against another 30% of the playerbase too without effort.
And im not the youngest player anymore and it seems ive gotten pretty slow, after thousands of matches in Virtua Fighter and similar games many years ago. I cannot react to an Orochi spamming light attacks / GB while pressuring me, he still has better defensive and one Mistake costs an incredible amount of health. That tiny difference of 20 health doesnt make a large difference.
Lets see how it looks in a few weeks when the playerbase becomes stronger overall.

Saeryf
02-16-2017, 07:21 AM
Someone is actually calling for more nerfs to the current state of Peacekeeper? That's hilarious.

Scoregasms2286
02-16-2017, 08:01 AM
Just wanna add this

https://gfycat.com/SkinnyEveryIndianpalmsquirrel

The_B0G_
02-16-2017, 08:01 AM
Agreed, PKs are fine. A light stamina nerf could fix Orochi.

Aibjorn
02-16-2017, 08:44 AM
The only class I have problems with spamming is the damn warden. See him all too often with that almost un-dodgable shoulder bash that he can spam hit you and then spam again.

The_B0G_
02-16-2017, 08:47 AM
The only class I have problems with spamming is the damn warden. See him all too often with that almost un-dodgable shoulder bash that he can spam hit you and then spam again.

Yeah once he starts that charge/light attack spam it's hard to break it. Fighting wardens I usually fight more agressively, any time he backs off at all I keep swinging.

Brave_Thunder
02-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Just learn to parry and they go down like flies.I love the orochi playstile but hate the spammers that just play on light attacks to win.I trained to learn how to parry them,and now when I fight them I can parry them to defeat.An prestige 1 orochi even quitted when I comebacked for 2 rounds with just a bar of hp.We have to learn a lot to counter them,now they have free win rate but with time...you'll see a lot of salt.

Funeragon
02-16-2017, 11:43 AM
Well, Peacekeeper needs a nerf only on his aoe attack, and she needs something more in his kit.
Orochi is pretty well balanced compared to warlods or warden
There are just some char that needs up like lawbringer or valk
Btw, i already lack of stamina with Orochi when i use one feint.So..

KuroFurukou
02-16-2017, 11:53 AM
Peacemaker really need some rework. The spam is constant, and the moment the PK run out of stamina, dodge spam in the back. And impossible to catch.

nestharus
02-16-2017, 12:00 PM
Eh, I stood in front of a peacekeeper spamming light attacks as a Lawbringer to see just how "op" they were. I picked Lawbringer as it is known to have the slowest guard stance change of any character in the game. Blocked every single attack. After 1 hour with timer disabled, I wasn't hit once. So yea.

I already know from experience that Orochi is even easier to handle.

That being said, I wasn't able to parry any of the PKs lights. Being lawbringer, my stance would change to her attack at the last instant. I only managed blocks despite pressing R2 every time. I was always slightly late ; ).

Nobushi is harder to block than PK/Orochi. You just need to learn their animations and you'll be golden. Go fight level 3 bots for a day with damage disabled and timer disabled in custom match. Just sit in front of them at point blank range and attempt to block/parry everything they throw at you + dodge the unblockable/unparriables. Do this without any extra movement and no PK, Orochi, or Nobushi will ever be able to spam you again. I don't know about parrying their lights, but you can definitely let them run out of stamina and proceed to wreck them. Also, the level 3 PK bot does spam the hell out of guard breaks, so if you aren't good at CBG, you will get good at it.

If I can block a Peacekeeper spamming lights, feints, grabs, and hard to counter moves like heavy into grab, for 1 hour without being hit on a Lawbringer, then you can do it on whatever class you are playing.

Meksikinietis
02-16-2017, 12:05 PM
If i play with Raider vs PK i try to dodge but dodge didint working,because pk attack speed x2 times better then my dodge... 1v1 i lose vs pk because he all time do dodge dodge and my raider is so slowy champ and i cant do nothing... If you try use parry and it seccesfuly but he just jump back and agian spam with litght attack and inifinity stamina. Same with Nobushi and orochi.. They make op orochi because he kill last boss? or what? If you catch orochi you can kill him with 3 hits. BUT you cant because he use dodge or parry and hit you with one hit do 40% dmg... And why i all time saw in match samurai? Because they are fast,good dmg,inifinity stamina.

DrExtrem
02-16-2017, 12:07 PM
There are definitely problems in the balancing department.

The shugoki is basically uninteruptable - I know this was given to compensate his lower attack speed. But his dmg is crazy. You are blocking? Well f***you, because my chipping dmg still hits harder, than your attacks. Demon's embrace is the pure cheese - please hand me a crossbow when he is at low health or someone please play the decoy. Atm, a shugoki just needs to wait, unit he is worn down and hit a ridiculously easy combo, to one shot. Want a cherry on top? Here - the biggest health pool ingame.

The nobushi ... her light attacks do more dmg, than some other heroes do with their heavies. In addition, she is fast. Fast, high dmg attack ls on a fast hero, with an easy light attack combo, that adds bleeding. What could possibly go wrong. Add the best range ingame and excellent crowd control and disaster is ready to strike. have seen bot-2 nobushis in multiplayer games, who shanked players left and right.

Assassins in general are so strong, because they can spam light attacks in combination with warp drive augmented sidesteps, that don't cost stamina. Add spammable light attacks @ high attack speed and the s***-cake is ready.

The pks tropple stab was too strong in the betas but they could have left it the way it is, if they would gave adjusted the gb properly. Infinite sidestepping is lame as well as infinite sprinting. Take a look at the division and how infinite combat roles and sprinting destroyed pvp.

There is a trend towards fast, agile characters, broken abilities and uninterruptable moves in this game.

Funeragon
02-16-2017, 12:16 PM

The shugoki is basically uninteruptable - I know this was given to compensate his lower attack speed. But his dmg is crazy. You are blocking? Well f***you, because my chipping dmg still hits harder, than your attacks. Demon's embrace is the pure cheese - please hand me a crossbow when he is at low health or someone please play the decoy. Atm, a shugoki just needs to wait, unit he is worn down and hit a ridiculously easy combo, to one shot. Want a cherry on top? Here - the biggest health pool ingame.

The nobushi ... her light attacks do more dmg, than some other heroes do with their heavies. In addition, she is fast. Fast, high dmg attack ls on a fast hero, with an easy light attack combo, that adds bleeding. What could possibly go wrong. Add the best range ingame and excellent crowd control and disaster is ready to strike. have seen bot-2 nobushis in multiplayer games, who shanked players left and right.

Assassins in general are so strong, because they can spam light attacks in combination with warp drive augmented sidesteps, that don't cost stamina. Add spammable light attacks @ high attack speed and the s***-cake is ready.

The pks tropple stab was too strong in the betas but they could have left it the way it is, if they would gave adjusted the gb properly. Infinite sidestepping is lame as well as infinite sprinting. Take a look at the division and how infinite combat roles and sprinting destroyed pvp.

There is a trend towards fast, agile characters, broken abilities and uninterruptable moves in this game.

Looks like you don't know the game :) Nobushi is really easy to counter, if i focus enough, she doesn't hit me once, the shugoki one shoot is really frustrating but easy to dodge, just care to his hp
What's more nobushi deals high damage only if u're bleeding
Assassins aren't that strong, because if u noticed, they have lower hp, no perma block stance, most of them has ridiculous push distance. Spamm light ? counter/ parry it, not that hard,Why sidestep should cost stmina when block doesn't ?

Yeah it's boring when they just dodge back, then, wait until they'll go out of stamina, and imediatly after, do a gb, and it will track the dodge.

Isn't it lame to be 1vs4, isn't it lame the auto revive from warlod ? isn't lame to be killed by environment (Hello push distance :D)

DrExtrem
02-16-2017, 12:27 PM
"Easy to dodge" is relative to the dodge distance of your hero.

Please don't pretend that assassins are not very strong atm ... all fast moving and attacking heroes are.

The nobushis health is low but her range and exit strategies make mire than up for it. Making your opponent bleed with the nobushi us not really a difficult task, because half of her attacks make you bleed.after that, its cobra strike and poke the nest. If the enemy gets too close, cancel poke into kick.

Btw. Blocking is a guessing game with a 33% chance if guessing right.

Funeragon
02-16-2017, 12:43 PM
"Easy to dodge" is relative to the dodge distance of your hero.

Please don't pretend that assassins are not very strong atm ... all fast moving and attacking heroes are.

The nobushis health is low but her range and exit strategies make mire than up for it. Making your opponent bleed with the nobushi us not really a difficult task, because half of her attacks make you bleed.after that, its cobra strike and poke the nest. If the enemy gets too close, cancel poke into kick.

Why would they LOL. it is a difficult task, play her, u'll see. Dodging kick is also easy
And no, blocking is a reflex.

Ynkey-_-
02-16-2017, 12:54 PM

If you want to get rid of PK's sidestepping just give something instead, like normal blocking. PK doesn't have a lot of moves, just 1 combo that's predictable and that's all. Sidestepping is the only easy defensive maneuver they have!

Brave_Thunder
02-16-2017, 12:59 PM
The assassins are stong if you're better at predict attacks rather than react to an attack.And why blocking is based on guess ing? You see the indicator before he attacks

Pimpace
02-16-2017, 01:07 PM
Sorry I don't know what the hell are you talking about. Overpowered? I doubt it. Fast? Yeah, but not unbeatable just like any other class. I don't know how do you play, but for me, as I wanna learn every aspect of a conqueror, I play 90% just that class. In this case I tried to learn every movement an possibilities to that class.

10 of 7 I can beat Assassins quite easily. How? Needed to learn another tactic against them. Spammers? Haaa! Even easier to beat them, just because the fact you can know their tactic even easier. Every class has an easier and harder beatable enemy-class. IMHO this is good in such a type game like this.

This game need class tweaking? Definitely. But no say about "OP this and OP that" and "this class need nerf, and that class need nerf" **** just because you unable to learn use your main class.
OR if you are saying that, you DON'T KNOW your main class. I'm sorry for you who thinks the mentioned two classes are the most toughest class or hardest to beat among all classes. This is just not true.

Meksikinietis
02-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Sorry I don't know what the hell are you talking about. Overpowered? I doubt it. Fast? Yeah, but not unbeatable just like any other class. I don't know how do you play, but for me, as I wanna learn every aspect of a conqueror, I play 90% just that class. In this case I tried to learn every movement an possibilities to that class.

10 of 7 I can beat Assassins quite easily. How? Needed to learn another tactic against them. Spammers? Haaa! Even easier to beat them, just because the fact you can know their tactic even easier. Every class has an easier and harder beatable enemy-class. IMHO this is good in such a type game like this.

This game need class tweaking? Definitely. But no say about "OP this and OP that" and "this class need nerf, and that class need nerf" **** just because you unable to learn use your main class.
OR if you are saying that, you DON'T KNOW your main class. I'm sorry for you who thinks the mentioned two classes are the most toughest class or hardest to beat among all classes. This is just not true.

Pk or samurai player you are?

DrExtrem
02-16-2017, 01:32 PM
The assassins are stong if you're better at predict attacks rather than react to an attack.And why blocking is based on guess ing? You see the indicator before he attacks

Because the blocking is slower, than the actual attack. When the indicator turns red, it's too late - the attack is going to hit you, before your guard is aligned.

My post was focused on fast combos and every player worth his salt, is going to change the attack direction.

But I guess 90% of the players are simply not good enough - "have fun on empty servers" in two months. Matchmaking will be fine ... I am sure.

Dreamsweeps
02-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Its time to start buffing the weak classes :)

Warden, PK and Orochi are viable I think, but the rest of the crew seems to slow and predictible.

Myrnodyne
02-16-2017, 01:56 PM
I find it interesting that, while the PK and Orochi have ample people to defend them against the claims of OP, no-one comes in to defend the Shugoki.

I'm guessing this is because many people haven't played him and don't fully underestand his mechanics, the super high amounts of damage is the first thing people notice about the class, and the one shot kill is definitely something that would feel bad if you get hit by it. I understand WHY people think Shugoki is OP, but bear with me, he isn't.

1: Shugoki doesn't just shrug off every hit. He has some extra armor and his attacks don't get interrupted (you can still block his regular attacks, he just won't 'flinch' when you hit him during his animation) as long as he hasn't been hit. Now I understand this move recovers after 10 seconds or so, haven't really timed it. What people don't seem to understand is that it's not his first attack that gets non-interruptable... it's every attack until he gets hit... that means, if you hit him twice during his first swing, that swing gets interrupted.

2: not that I would recommend hitting first with most classes. Shuguki is so incredibly slow that it's entirely possible to stay out of his reach altogether. That, coupled with high stamina moves and a low stamina pool, means that aggresive Shugoku that go for big flashy moves will be out of stamina soon. Guess who can't do ANYthing offensively now that the big lumbering attacks are even slower and no longer unblockable? And if all else fails? Just run away and recover anyway you can, it's not like he's EVER going to catch you.

3:Lastly... guys, if you see the Shugoki bow down and turn orange, sidestep? Especially if the Shugoki only has 1 bar of health available. Hell, if you recently broke his guard, don't even bother, just top light to interrupt it, or top heavy if you're far enough away to finish him off.

All in all, I feel that the Shugoki, while he has certain advantages, has most moves so easily countered that Shugoki players have to work much harder than the person they are trying to beat. I'm not saying he's Underpowered, but he needs a skilled player to do well with in any kind of 1v1 situation.

m1y4gi
02-16-2017, 02:04 PM
I love PKs as opponent. When the player knows how to play, it's always a good fight. They are well balanced for me. Orochi is more nasty, but also not OP. Those classes die very quick, so their dmg output must be good. You have to learn the counters. (me 2)

4 me Shoguki is atm the only one OP. Perhaps it is as Myrnodyne says, i don't know his weakesses, true. But overall he is the one, that i always try to avoid ^^ because i did not stand a chance at all.

Meksikinietis
02-16-2017, 02:10 PM
MOre counter? Ha nice joke bro.. I use block to up and NOObushi hit me anyway from up... And if you use parry you cant hit enemy because he use block. so why need parry? Anyway Orochi,PK and NOObushi have all to much dmg or attack speed. Noobushi can use 4 combo with full stamina, Oh anyway noobushi can kill you with 3 hits....

I do orders in elimenation mode.. And what i see? I see only NOOBushi,orochi and PK.. AND they all win all match. And whats why i dont play player vs player. Because now game dont have champion balance and i dont give score to enemy :)

Immortal_Zeal
02-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Gused break makes anything OP.

Brave_Thunder
02-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Because the blocking is slower, than the actual attack. When the indicator turns red, it's too late - the attack is going to hit you, before your guard is aligned.

My post was focused on fast combos and every player worth his salt, is going to change the attack direction.

But I guess 90% of the players are simply not good enough - "have fun on empty servers" in two months. Matchmaking will be fine ... I am sure.

Absolutely false.If you have a wrong guard with a slow character is your fault,not of the game.I'm training in parryng every attack I get and I can assure you that I can tell that my timing was wrong when I missed.If your enemy has a fast combo and you fail to block it,just roll back.
And if I were you,I wouldn't do assumptions on the playerbase when you can't block attacks,leave alone parry them.

Leon026
02-16-2017, 02:20 PM
Half the time, the said assassin spammers dont actually have a strategy and rely on brute force "spamming". That makes them even more predictable - should you pay attention.

Meksikinietis
02-16-2017, 03:16 PM
Orochi can hit me from up if i use block from up? i got it 2 times. And he are to fast. he can 2hits/1sec. and you dont have 40% hp... yeah my raider is strong,but so slow with attacks. And if my raider is strong so why i cant do dmg form block?

Noellessa2016
02-16-2017, 03:25 PM
My 'main' is Nobushi and I actually find PK and Orochi classes to be some of the easier fights // I find fights vs. shield bearers to be the worst. Is it only certain classes that have problems vs. the assassin classes? I keep seeing here and on reddit people hating matches with PK and assassins, but maybe it is only b/c I play Nobushi that I don't notice or think them difficult? The only time they are dangerous is if they get into close range, and a good Nobushi player shouldn't ever let that happen or should be able to GB or kick their way back to a safe ranged distance.

Funeragon
02-16-2017, 03:40 PM
Peacekeeper can do this?
HAHAHA
:D
No.

Ahah yes. Aoe attack.

My 'main' is Nobushi and I actually find PK and Orochi classes to be some of the easier fights // I find fights vs. shield bearers to be the worst. Is it only certain classes that have problems vs. the assassin classes? I keep seeing here and on reddit people hating matches with PK and assassins, but maybe it is only b/c I play Nobushi that I don't notice or think them difficult? The only time they are dangerous is if they get into close range, and a good Nobushi player shouldn't ever let that happen or should be able to GB or kick their way back to a safe ranged distance.

No there is no wrong match up, just casuals people as u can find them on League of legends, playing tanks and crying for nerf assassins.

Ban77ksy
02-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Does anyone think that it will get to a point where you can fight 1 v 2 or even 3 players and have the power to just def ? I don't expect to win a 1 v 3 but at this point when you get rushed by multiple players it seems that you don't stand a chance no matter if and how you defend yourself.

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 04:15 PM
If youre unhappy with current build of the game please show your support in the poll:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580186-POLL-Was-BETA-really-so-much-better-than-RELEASE

Meksikinietis
02-16-2017, 04:15 PM
Warden spam with one comba and you cant parry or dodge....

Funeragon
02-16-2017, 05:18 PM
From a great distance? You're nuts.

Compared to his range, yes.

Azai_Yukimura
02-16-2017, 05:31 PM
I think Warlord need a nerf.
he spaming he headbang with a hit so lot that you could go afk

XI_S3kt0R
02-16-2017, 05:33 PM
Peacekeeper has extremely ******ed travel zone for her attacks. People turn a blind eye because they are maining them. Orochi is just plain ez mode. Berserker on the other hand is utter ****e.

itsPlanB
02-16-2017, 05:57 PM
It sounds to me like you're just not very good against these two classes. I have very few issues with the PeaceKeeper, and the Orochi gives me fits at times depending on what game mode I'm playing. Overall, I don't see why they should be nerfed because you're incapable of adapting your game play to stop the things that are being done to you. This game isn't a button smashing success story. It's a chess match. If you're getting guard broke and bled repeatedly then you're doing something wrong. Evaluate your game play and see where you're going wrong and allowing that to happen. Adjust. Get more kills against the PeaceKeeper.

There 12 characters in this game, and 80% of the time I play ANY game mode, there is a peacekeeper or an Orochi. Why, because they have the most spammable attacks in the game. Hang back, divery forward and repeatedly hit light attack in different directions as fast as you can, then dodge to the side and continue. Peacekeeper is worse because of how she can bleed you out.

Now I'm not saying they are unbeatable, because I've beaten them plenty of times, but they are without a doubt the hardest to fight. I shouldn't have to hope and pray I block in the right direction of one of their MANY attacks. I know they are squishy, but they can sit back and attack from great distances because their lunge attacks seem to suction to you. I just hope that ubisoft sees how frequently they are used and how much larger their win ratio is and nerfs them accordingly.

Another quality post here. I lose a lot to them so if I'm losing it's the games fault not mine. Try actually getting better. I'm willing to bet it will change your outlook.

Agree. Peacekeeper needs more nerf

Nope. I actually don't play them as my main character. I play mostly as the Nobushi. She fits my play style and my old eyes and reaction times allow me to not get totally hammered by playing a ranged attack character that allows for rapid retreats.

So if I understand you correctly. We should blame the people who use an in game mechanic repeatedly that you can't stop? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. If you know that they're going to spam their quick attack them be ready for it. Adjust. Win. It's not rocket science here people.

Where to start here. The Conqueror is not over powered. He's strong, and if played well he's a massive force to deal with. Especially when they wind up that flail and you catch it in the teeth. As for the PeaceKeeper being nerfed to remove bleed. That's moronic. The assassins should all have bleed and it's working as expected if you're fearing it. Don't get hit by it and you won't have to worry about them having it.

This is a strawman argument. You've actually done nothing to further your stance regarding their being overpowered. You've just said well other players, whose skill cannot be measured, are complaining too. Lazy argument. Not only do you not understand the concept of the game, but you're not very good at debating your point either. Seems like you need to get better in both areas.

I'm not the only one to post about them. They are absolutely OP. Orochi can CONSTANTLY guard break and attack over and over. And his dodge to the side and attack that way is SUPER quick. Playing as a big hero makes it tough to attack them seeing as your attacks can be seen a mile away.

The "get good" argument doesn't apply here. I'm not saying they can't be beaten or that I haven't beaten them, but they are by far the hardest to beat. I've adjusted my play and everything.

Saying "oh just guard break or parry" is a lot easier said than done against such fast attacks.

itsPlanB
02-16-2017, 05:59 PM
I just posted the exact same thing. Shield bearers wear me out big time. I'm trying to learn how to deal with them. It's going to take some time.

DovahkiinSuleyk
02-16-2017, 06:24 PM
I find it interesting that, while the PK and Orochi have ample people to defend them against the claims of OP, no-one comes in to defend the Shugoki.

I'm guessing this is because many people haven't played him and don't fully underestand his mechanics, the super high amounts of damage is the first thing people notice about the class, and the one shot kill is definitely something that would feel bad if you get hit by it. I understand WHY people think Shugoki is OP, but bear with me, he isn't.

1: Shugoki doesn't just shrug off every hit. He has some extra armor and his attacks don't get interrupted (you can still block his regular attacks, he just won't 'flinch' when you hit him during his animation) as long as he hasn't been hit. Now I understand this move recovers after 10 seconds or so, haven't really timed it. What people don't seem to understand is that it's not his first attack that gets non-interruptable... it's every attack until he gets hit... that means, if you hit him twice during his first swing, that swing gets interrupted.

2: not that I would recommend hitting first with most classes. Shuguki is so incredibly slow that it's entirely possible to stay out of his reach altogether. That, coupled with high stamina moves and a low stamina pool, means that aggresive Shugoku that go for big flashy moves will be out of stamina soon. Guess who can't do ANYthing offensively now that the big lumbering attacks are even slower and no longer unblockable? And if all else fails? Just run away and recover anyway you can, it's not like he's EVER going to catch you.

3:Lastly... guys, if you see the Shugoki bow down and turn orange, sidestep? Especially if the Shugoki only has 1 bar of health available. Hell, if you recently broke his guard, don't even bother, just top light to interrupt it, or top heavy if you're far enough away to finish him off.

All in all, I feel that the Shugoki, while he has certain advantages, has most moves so easily countered that Shugoki players have to work much harder than the person they are trying to beat. I'm not saying he's Underpowered, but he needs a skilled player to do well with in any kind of 1v1 situation. This. All of this. I see a lot of people complaining about Demon's Embrace in particular. People need to realise that while it is a very nice ability for us, it's not as OP as people seem to think it is. It's quite possibly one of the easiest attacks in the game to dodge and if we miss with it it takes a huge chunk of our health off. I tested it in an AI game, it takes a 3rd of our HP off (which I actually think is a bit ridiculous. I'm fine with the ability having a penalty, but given how it's already insanely easy to dodge I think the amount of HP it takes off with a miss is a bit OTT).