PDA

View Full Version : The Spirit of this Game has been Lost

StarosAkavari
02-16-2017, 04:29 AM
I've played since the closed alpha and have experienced how they've changed this game, and for the beta's it's felt completely justified. Now it's to the point to where everything good that the developers have done in the beta's has been completely flipped upside down.

Firstly, the combat feels slower than what it used to be. The game strategy has changed from "whoever is actually better at the game wins" and now it has devolved to "play hyper defensive and you can't possibly lose. No risk, high reward." For instance, I played Lawbringer when they first introduced it and let me tell you. That class was by far the most fun I've ever had with this game. A good balance of speed and a nice combo that benefited from the character's speed. Now this character's speed has been nerfed to the point of that this combo is completely unviable because every character is able to either block or parry after the initial shove.

Secondly, the matchmaking is complete garbage. I have literally only fought against rpestige 2's and above while the only highest character level I have is 3 and I just started playing multiplayer today. This has to change. It's incredibly not fun to fight against people who have both more equipment score and rank in general.

I simply don't understand how Ubisoft can change a game so drastically in two days. The open beta felt complete, whole, one. Now it feels completely different to someone who ahs been playing since the closed alpha and have had so much hope for this game. The spirit of this game has just been drained from it.

I love this game, I truly do, but the state of it has dropped significantly since the open beta. Please Ubisoft, if there is any sense of making a game for the people who actually truly care for it, I pray that you will steer this game in the right track like what was once done in the betas

Thank you

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-16-2017, 04:31 AM
All their prestige tells you is how much they play that character, it is possible for someone to achieve a 3 reputation and higher while still being awful at the game. The EXP grind will be slower but they can achieve it. What is probably happening is you are being match made with individuals around your win% and K/D ratio. In reality gear doesn't make a major impact on the game as a fresh hero can kill a high prestige character if they are skilled. There is a relative balance in the gear aspect.

StarosAkavari
02-16-2017, 04:33 AM
All their prestige tells you is how much they play that character, it is possible for someone to achieve a 3 reputation and higher while still being awful at the game. The EXP grind will be slower but they can achieve it. What is probably happening is you are being match made with individuals around your win% and K/D ratio. In reality gear doesn't make a major impact on the game as a fresh hero can kill a high prestige character if they are skilled. There is a relative balance in the gear aspect.

I understand how prestiging works, my post is mainly on how this game has changed drastically. I'm not worried about the xp grind, because I know it too well. It's jsut this game feels as if it has been drained of what is good from the original betas