PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie is horrible.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 02:12 AM
She has a single useful move (full guard to charge) that has great utility, but still doesn't allow her to deal any real damage. I'm assuming she's going to be buffed soon?

CoyoteXStarrk
02-16-2017, 02:17 AM
I feel like I have said this 300 times since the Alpha

Just because YOU are not good with a hero does not mean EVERYONE is bad with them.

I have seen PLENTY of damn good Valkyrie players

Shmoffy
02-16-2017, 02:23 AM

Just because YOU are not good with a hero does not mean EVERYONE is bad with them.

I'd consider myself quite a good valkyrie but to get that way you have to be spammy. Otherwise most characters can recover before you can do anything but a light which does FAR too little damage. I played her in the Alpha and she was faster and did more damage. Everyone complained so they nerfed her but sadly they did it through the floor.

She IS playable compared to what many say but the best things you can do is rather spammy.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-16-2017, 02:27 AM
I'd consider myself quite a good valkyrie but to get that way you have to be spammy. Otherwise most characters can recover before you can do anything but a light which does FAR too little damage. I played her in the Alpha and she was faster and did more damage. Everyone complained so they nerfed her but sadly they did it through the floor.

She IS playable compared to what many say but the best things you can do is rather spammy.

I mean to be fair most heroes are.

Its not like there are crazy amounts of combos and variety for each hero. I mean obviously some have more than others, but for the most part each hero recycles the same 3-4 moves.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 02:28 AM

I haven't ever seen a good Valkyrie and have a 100% win rate on duel with my zerker. I've seen great players of all kinds other than the valkyrie.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-16-2017, 02:29 AM
I haven't ever seen a good Valkyrie and have a 100% win rate on duel with my zerker. I've seen great players of all kinds other than the valkyrie.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist lol

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 02:29 AM
I mean to be fair most heroes are.

Its not like there are crazy amounts of combos and variety for each hero. I mean obviously some have more than others, but for the most part each hero recycles the same 3-4 moves.

Completely and utterly wrong. The best players fight off of someone else's actions. Anyone who says most players are spammy probably sits at a 50% win rate at best.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 02:30 AM
Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist lol

No, but it means they're very rare, which would mean they're under powered, since you see amazing players of all other types.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-16-2017, 02:30 AM
Completely and utterly wrong. The best players fight off of someone else's actions. Anyone who says most players are spammy probably sits at a 50% win rate at best.

You misunderstood what I said.

I am saying that most heroes recycle the same 3-4 moves overall. You can do that without spamming.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 02:32 AM
You misunderstood what I said.

I am saying that most heroes recycle the same 3-4 moves overall. You can do that without spamming.

3-4 attacks, sure, but the dodges, parries, and gb's are what make the game. Honestly, using nothing more than light attack, without any combos, someone could be incredible by just playing defensively.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-16-2017, 02:35 AM
3-4 attacks, sure, but the dodges, parries, and gb's are what make the game.

I never said they weren't lol

ZakuBeta
02-16-2017, 02:42 AM
Fought a really good Valkyrie player today. I beat them the first 2 matches, but once they learned my playstyle, they wrecked me the remaining 4 games or so. You can pick up a lot from actually playing, and watching others. Don't cry for nerfs/buffs until the game is a bit more mature.

My personal experiences are that Vikings are a bit OP, but I still can take them, once I figure out the player.

FacePunchThor
02-16-2017, 02:43 AM
Before I got onto the forums today I was worrying that she'd get nerfed. I feel like she's super strong. She combines mid/long range with a bit of tank and a fairly decent chunk of damage if you land her full combo. Plus her omnidirectional block which you can use to charge or feint a charge and go for a lunging stab is great tactically because your openent has to guess what it's going to be. Plus in 4v4 she has the javelin which is almost an instant kill on the assassin classes. I feel like a lot of people underestimate her because she's. it as fast, flashy or hard hitting as the Nobuyuki. Her play style is muncher slower, but not necessarily weaker imo.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 03:14 AM
I never said they weren't lol

Then wtf are you talking about? You've managed to say nothing but, "All characters are spammy... oh wait, no, I agree with everything you're saying, sorry." in this thread.

If there are good Valkyries on the forums, can you please add me and let me duel you? I'm just curious what a good Valk looks like and how she plays. Even the lvl 3 Valk bot is just poop.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-16-2017, 03:17 AM
Then wtf are you talking about? You've managed to say nothing but, "All characters are spammy... oh wait, no, I agree with everything you're saying, sorry." in this thread.

No I said that most heroes use the same 3-4 moves.

That does not equal spamming.

Spamming is constantly attacking with those same 3-4 moves with no stopping.

Drekle
02-16-2017, 03:48 AM
No I said that most heroes use the same 3-4 moves.

That does not equal spamming.

Spamming is constantly attacking with those same 3-4 moves with no stopping.

You keep jumping on valkyrie posts. You jumped on mine. You must think they are fine.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-16-2017, 04:02 AM
You keep jumping on valkyrie posts. You jumped on mine. You must think they are fine.

I think they do what they were designed to do.

I also don't think its fair to spam "This hero sucks" threads when its not the hero that sucks. Its the person trying to use them.

Kjersgaard00
02-16-2017, 06:35 AM
Except if you watch any stream from top level players you'll hear them say how weak she is, and I'd put more stock in their input than yours, no offense.

She has been overnerfed since the tech test, plain and simple. She does the least amount of damage than any other character. She has among the lowest health of any character, and she isn't as fast as any assassin class. She can't get anything off her sweep worth anything. Your shoulder bash deals more stamina damage to you than it's worth.

She is in dire need of buffs.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 06:42 AM

I also don't think its fair to spam "This hero sucks" threads when its not the hero that sucks. Its the person trying to use them.

"Spam" -- You use that word alot, I don't think it means what you think it means.

You are completely incapable of logical discussion, which is a shame considering how good your one thread was.

You said "most champs are spammers" then claimed you never said it. You also claim that the person using it is who sucks, but my win percentage is close to 100% on nothing but pvp duels. You basically just say whatever you want with no regard for facts, hoping people just disregard your lack of factual substantiation.

The Valkyrie sucks dude, it's common knowledge. Do you have a cocky friend that plays her or something? Because it's absolutely bizarre that you're campaigning for her to stay the same, when no one plays her.

Drekle
02-16-2017, 06:44 AM

Valkyrie struggles to do anything against good players. She has slow attacks to beat players to the punch and she needs to land 2 attacks to, probably whatever it is you think she is supposed to do. This is hard against decent players.

Saeryf
02-16-2017, 07:10 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

Valkyrie is the worst character in the game currently. She's supposed to be a hybrid of heavy and assassin but doesn't have anything in her favor. The numbers don't lie.

When you can get your whole shield crush/shield sweep combo off on someone and they end with nearly full stamina while you're at 1/4 there's a serious problem. I'm not sure why the enemy is allowed to have full stamina regen uninterrupted while I'm doing crowd control moves, but she really needs some help.

inthe0ry
02-16-2017, 07:42 AM
This whole thread is silly. the valk is actually very good in duels and less cluster ****y. the character is extremely hard but has a ton of ultility.

ThePollie
02-16-2017, 07:49 AM
I think the problem is people wanting to play her like a Warlord or Conqueror, because of the shield. Rather than poke and drag out the fight in a war of attrition, they want to get in there and brawl, and they get out-slugged by heavier warriors.

RickyTan253
02-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Valkyrie is amazing if u know how to use her.. I use Peacekeaper and Valkyrie and my KD is above 3.0 with both... all characters have weaknesses and some characters happen to be good against other but it all comes down to how good the player is... I can beat and class one on one with the right combos and timing

CaptainCreeps
02-16-2017, 03:19 PM
I kinda understand the thread starter.

She was weaker than i hoped. I love the Nobushi, and thought maybe the Valkyrie would feel like a closer combat power version of the hybrid hero. Mid range/more power to the Nobushi's long range/jabbing/bleed style.

But i really had problems utilizing her in the right way. I haven't given her up, but i keep falling back to the Nobushi. She really isn't bad at all, but i just can't get into the flow of the style.

waraidako
02-16-2017, 03:24 PM
They nerfed her too hard.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 03:55 PM
If I do nothing but the rear dodge into full shield, then charge forward, I can beat most people with her. However, that's spamming a single move. With the Zerker I have an endless amount of viable options (seemingly, not literally), and with the Orochi it's a similar situation. I shouldn't have to constantly do one thing to win with any character.

All of the people claiming she's strong, how about some evidence? If you're good with the Valk, let me duel you. If you're citing numbers, link the numbers. I haven't seen anyone claim that they have a certain win percentage with the Valk yet either. If you have a 70% win rate with her, tell us.

As of right now, it honestly just seems like a bunch of random people have lost to her here and there, but probably aren't at a win rate to substantiate their opinion, because they aren't even bringing that up.

Lufury
02-16-2017, 03:59 PM
If I do nothing but the rear dodge into full shield, then charge forward, I can beat most people with her. However, that's spamming a single move. With the Zerker I have an endless amount of viable options (seemingly, not literally), and with the Orochi it's a similar situation. I shouldn't have to constantly do one thing to win with any character.

All of the people claiming she's strong, how about some evidence? If you're good with the Valk, let me duel you. If you're citing numbers, link the numbers. I haven't seen anyone claim that they have a certain win percentage with the Valk yet either. If you have a 70% win rate with her, tell us.

As of right now, it honestly just seems like a bunch of random people have lost to her here and there, but probably aren't at a win rate to substantiate their opinion, because they aren't even bringing that up.

dem only got 64%

Spankyah
02-16-2017, 04:11 PM
I have been playing with her for few days now. Amount of work i do is not worth the result. Her damage is too low at the moment. Im just constantly doing combos,leg sweeps to just get a hit which results end of stamina with me doing minimal damage most of the time. Its fun to play but its hard to get results. We have stamina issues as well. Please do some tweak ubi !

My fix: Add damage to leg swep,its part of a combo chain.Maybe buff heavy attack little bit. We have stamina issues as well.

Saeryf
02-16-2017, 04:19 PM

And I DID post numbers as evidence of her being weakest of all characters in most areas. She really needs a buff, because she used to be good and then they nerfed her into the dirt.

Lufury
02-16-2017, 04:20 PM
shes not weak no. But she still needs some fixes. There is no Sense to knock the enemy on Ground with that Swipe for 1 Rightclick.

Thats why maybe u see the problem here:

If u are able to Guard Break your opponent Throw him over you knock him down and give him a right click when hes lying on Ground.
Why would u do that? If u simply just can rightclick your enemy when u Guard Break him? There is absolutely NO sense to knock him down (only if hes at an edge). It gives you the same amount of Damage but Costs more Stamina.

Then we have this Combo:

Rightclick into directly Middle Mouse idk if it is bugged or Intended but you can Charge instantly and the Right Click will show up like a Fake move. Not too bad but also the same problem here. No Sense to use only useful if you are playing at an Edge. Even thou you can do the Bottom Sweep right after. But they can 100% Dodge it with a sidestep. And the Recover Time of the Walkyrie is a bit sad then. I dont see any other Character getting punished that hard for their Moves.

Same goes for the Shield Charge. First of all if u Charge long enough u will knock ur enemy down anyways. (also a sad thing that when he is on low life u will never be able to finish him when he blocks ur second attack, since you do not have the time to perform an heavy attack). However if you do fast Shield Charge you are able to Swipe down ur enemy again but if he Sidesteps ur gonna fail it and he can just grabb you if he wants.

So we have here 2x Swipe which is completely Risky to use and 1 Swipe that is gonna be a save hit but useless since u can just right click him before. I Like the Combo but the punishment is too heavy.

However against people that doesnt know how to side step Try this its kinda funny I think I should make a movie about this, happens quite often.

Parry into a Guard Break into Rightclick into Guard Break into S Spacebaar Rightclick into Rightclick. Repeat Repeat until enemy is dead or your out of Stamina.

Lufury
02-16-2017, 04:39 PM
oh I almost forgot about that. The Bleeding attack (step rightclick in the right moment) deals the damage of 1 heavy. Its kinda nice attack I like it and it works good. But when you put the bleed hit on your opponent hes like Stunned for a Second, look confused arround. But all you can do is a simple Autoattack Because if u want to Grabb him you Automaticly Charge onto him Because of the Rightclick before. The Bottom sweep can then be Dodged again. so... Idk I like the Sweep I mean you can always bait your enemys Tumbleling but the Sweep should deal a bit dmg not much but to make him worth it atleast using it when ur able u Guard Break your Enemy..