PDA

View Full Version : Guardbreak counter??? Does it even work?

xX St0neWa11 Xx
02-16-2017, 12:49 AM
So why is it that when someone guard breaks me, and I am even predicting that they are about to and spamming my X button that it still goes off? I don't think I have 1 guard broke countered without it be totally by accident???

Is it broken?
is it a connection thing?

Can someone tell me what the **** the problem is before I break my god damn controller.?

Mothsinger
02-16-2017, 12:51 AM
They changed it. You have to counter the gb now, AFTER it connected, meaning, touched your body. You can't pre-counter it.

Braegulfer
02-16-2017, 12:54 AM
So why is it that when someone guard breaks me, and I am even predicting that they are about to and spamming my X button that it still goes off? I don't think I have 1 guard broke countered without it be totally by accident???

Is it broken?
is it a connection thing?

Can someone tell me what the **** the problem is before I break my god damn controller.?

Spamming it will auto-fail the counter always now. Just one press, as the shield shows up over YOUR character and as they make contact with you. The window is different now, its not that hard to adjust. Just do adv tutorial till you're blocking it 100% then lvl 3 bots for a bit and you'll have the new window down. It was changed, I believe, to STOP people from spamming the button.

Sirrkas
02-16-2017, 12:57 AM
Spamming it will auto-fail the counter always now. Just one press, as the shield shows up over YOUR character and as they make contact with you. The window is different now, its not that hard to adjust. Just do adv tutorial till you're blocking it 100% then lvl 3 bots for a bit and you'll have the new window down. It was changed, I believe, to STOP people from spamming the button.

Wait, you could spam GB before to counter guardbreaks? That would explain why I have so few issues. I trained especially guardbrakecounters on the last day of the open beta with a friend. I coulnīt even notice a change to release version.

Swiftstrike76
02-16-2017, 02:01 AM
Makes you wonder if it is a intended thing.
1) theres no notes patch, forum or anything else
2) no change to the tutorial, even by ubi standards thats sloppy.
3) no official word yet. (If any)