PDA

View Full Version : Apollyon Issue Final Stage on Hard!

ken1032
02-15-2017, 09:19 PM
I don't know what you guys were thinking, or how impossible this final stage should have been, but giving her revenge, alot of unbreakables, item usages, and a stage with fallen rocks everywhere makes it impossible to beat her! And to top it all you have to deflect too do damage or side step with a light attack to just tickle her, even with both dmg boost perks on you will still deal a minor of her health. You can't guardbreak her, and she will always parry! There is no way to beat her!

TCTF_SWAT
02-15-2017, 09:34 PM
She's the final boss. What do you expect? Her to be easy? The cockroach though....apolllyon should have stomped him/her. But of course...plot reasons.

SethUnleashed
02-15-2017, 10:18 PM
She's the final boss. What do you expect? Her to be easy? The cockroach though....apolllyon should have stomped him/her. But of course...plot reasons.

only done her on normal so far which was pretty easy considering my orochi skill-level is kinda sub-par xD

looking forward to her on realistic, but gonna get some orochi training first

TypicalZealot
02-15-2017, 11:10 PM
I don't know what you guys were thinking, or how impossible this final stage should have been, but giving her revenge, alot of unbreakables, item usages, and a stage with fallen rocks everywhere makes it impossible to beat her! And to top it all you have to deflect too do damage or side step with a light attack to just tickle her, even with both dmg boost perks on you will still deal a minor of her health. You can't guardbreak her, and she will always parry! There is no way to beat her!

I'm not trying to talk **** to you, but I'm a ****ing terrible Orochi. I never learned the combos, the confirmed chains, or anything.
Furthermore, I'm bad with all the assassins because I hate them, I play heavy exclusively.

But I still beat Apollyon *ON HARD* on literally my first try without dying.

I have no idea what you're complaining about. It's not impossible if I did it my first try when I suck **** at Orochi and once again I also did it on hard.

The only part that gave me any trouble was the final bit, and all I did for that was run circles around her and roll out of the sword impale charge then I'd go in with the weird Orochi charge and do a flurry of lights then run away again. That was the only part that was tough for me, because I almost died twice.

MiraiNet
02-15-2017, 11:11 PM
She was the easiest boss of them all for me personally. Never played Orochi before the story.
if you block or dodge certain attacks there are time windows when you can guard break or go straight for heavy attack.
Her being 3 staged you get 2 checkpoints.
(played on hard and will try realistic soon)

Agent-Zero-
02-15-2017, 11:43 PM

Already done. Thought the first two fights were a bit of a letdown but the last one is tough. It is possible, though. I did it. I think I died a few times.
I felt you basically had to be perfect.

Also, go for the heal perk and the tough as nails perk. This one isn't about brute-force it's about longevity.

Karma_Ghost
02-16-2017, 12:39 AM
I had issues with Apollyon's final stage. It wasn't because of her abilities so much as it was because of the terrible camera angles. You can't tell where the walls are and the falling debris circles are barely visible when they're behind you. If not for that, she's easy enough to parry and dodge. Camera really needs to zoom out a little for that one.

MiraiNet
02-16-2017, 01:26 PM
So i decided to try her on realistic difficulty (which means no die once and you start the duel from 0)
got her on the 3rd try.

You could most likely cheese her with the heal and less damage feat and stocking up with 7 long bow shots that you can get earlier on in the chapter.

CF_Alrik
02-16-2017, 04:37 PM
I played through the campaign on realistic.
Beat her on third try. Your only checkpoint is before phase1 though.

you can pretty much cheese her and every other boss with the unblockable feat. she doesnt parry that much.
other than that her attacks are telegraphed way in advance. after a few tries it should be no trouble parrying her which gives you free heavy.
You dont need to be good with orochi, just be alright with the basic game mechanics.

Parry=>gb=>side heavy.
Rinse and repeat.

if you dont feel confident parrying on reaction, she has a double overhead swing, where the second hit is very slow. just block the first one and parry the second. That should be a lot easier.

Hibs.
02-16-2017, 05:07 PM
I played through the campaign on realistic.
Beat her on third try. Your only checkpoint is before phase1 though.

you can pretty much cheese her and every other boss with the unblockable feat. she doesnt parry that much.
other than that her attacks are telegraphed way in advance. after a few tries it should be no trouble parrying her which gives you free heavy.
You dont need to be good with orochi, just be alright with the basic game mechanics.

Parry=>gb=>side heavy.
Rinse and repeat.

if you dont feel confident parrying on reaction, she has a double overhead swing, where the second hit is very slow. just block the first one and parry the second. That should be a lot easier.

For realistic this worked for me.
Heal + Unblockabe definitely to get some damage in. You can spam her with attacks, but she will end up parrying you quite fast, so mix it up.

Stage 1.) Rush the PK minion first and activate the unblockable. Kill her fast, then the warden. Level 2 unblockable is 45s so you should still have a few seconds left for Apollyon. Kite her until your health feat regens (if needed) and save the unblockable that's rechagring for stage 2.

Stage 2.) The only annoying stage I found. You're cramped in a tight spot so if you play too passive you'll get backed into a corner and chopped up. I found saving the unblockable perfect here. Mix it up, parry/block attacks and dice her up.

Stage 3.) Your unblockable will be recharging, but stay strong! Expect to parry her and watch the overheads she does. If you try to run she can impale you with a dash special pretty fast. I found dodging her overhead special windup an easy way to get damage in if you cannot parry her. Dodge, come back in and slice up. The best strategy though is to definitely not kite her too long, just face her and don't let yourself get into a corner.

InstalockHanzo
02-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Beat the campaign on realistic and it was by far the easiest boss in the game. Just parry into a guard break and then heavy. Literally so easy.

Von-Hiemel
02-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Just play like an Orochi would online, Guardbreak, heavy or two, run away and repeat forever.

Did this on Realistic with the heal and dmg reduction on lvl 3

Kiss_Shot_
02-17-2017, 01:10 AM
She's easy.

Git gud.

Whylinle
02-17-2017, 06:52 AM
I already completed whole story mode 100% on realistic, all smashables and observables, do what every orochi does, just wait for her attack. side step light. takes a while. but works. just like the game itself. BS assassins and their side step lights.

Felis_Menari
02-17-2017, 09:58 AM
One thing you can do to help with the 2nd and 3rd phases of the Apollyon fight is to get a full stack of fire arrows. It's not necessary at all to use them during the first phase, so you can save them for the more difficult fights. With 7 arrows in the third phase, I had her beat by the time I used the last arrow.

Smiq
02-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Beat the game on realistic too (fewer checkpoints, hah like no chekpoints).

Yes, it is a hard fight at first but as all of the boss fights, you can cheese it (little bit). You can't throw her in to enviromental kills like nearly every other boss but you can stack fire arrows from earlier on the map and ofc use the unblockable feat. Personally I ran heal and dmg reduction and didn't use fire arrows.

But then again, its a bot. AI with written in abilities and moves. Does't take too long to see the patterns.

So tips to beat her:

- Easiest way, stack fire arrows.
- Top heavy is really slow. Its a two hit combo so dodge first -> storm rush and top lights.
- She gets revenge really fast and really easy. Just don't try to fight her in that. Channel your inner orochi and just kite her.
- On realistic deflect is not that easy unless you are familiar with the animations. So abuse sidestep in to a light attack. (read: you don't know how to deflect properly -> sidestep)
- Her unblockables have long wind up times and easy to see animations, dodge them with sidestep and you can put lot of dmg in.
- Don't try GB, she will most likely punish you for that.

Stage 1:
- Get rid off the miniguys first. Peacekeeper is the easiest cuz of her low health and then take out warden. Apollyon, just abuse tricks said earlier.

Stage 2:
- The most annoying boss fight stage in the game. Very low movement possibilities and easily corner blocked. Keep your distance, use deflect and abuse top heavy dodge.

Stage 3:
- Here she gets revenge bar really easily. Just kite her until it runs out or she will punish you hard. Ofc you can go in and fight her in that if you are feeling brave. Here she also starts to use her unblockable charge, but it has a long and clearly seen wind up time -> sidestep and deal some dmg. And again, use tips said earlier. Kite, abuse top heavy and sidesteps.

Just don't try to rush her. You can't.

Just my two cents on how I beat her.