PDA

View Full Version : For the love of...

WTWR_Zydrate
02-15-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm not a salty sailor on this game but there's one facet of the community that irritates me; The whole 'honor' 1v1 system... in team games. It largely happens in brawls and eliminations and even skirmishes sometimes. I'd kill my guy and run and heavy cleave someone's back only to see them whine in chat and call me some homophobic slur.

Slow clap, folks. The 1v1 and 2v2 brackets exist for a reason. Go do those.

TrollyTheSolly
02-15-2017, 07:33 PM
Yes, I completely agree. Following Honourable combat doesn't give you permission to rage at others if they do not do the same. Personally, I follow it, but if someone pushes me off a cliff I do not complain and simply start doing the same to them.

The honour has gone too far, I was told to die of cancer when I accidentally threw someone into fire. Everyone needs to chill.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-15-2017, 07:56 PM
Everyone needs to chill.

Pretty much.

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 08:11 PM
I agree to some extent.

My personal code is "anything is allowed", and "respect them until they give you reason not to".

So, basically, I will do anything I need to kill my enemy. If I get half a chance to throw you off a cliff, you better believe I will do it. If I can infinite you into a corner, I will.

I will honor a duel even in Elimination until they do not honor mine, after which you will receive my hammer of justice.

And alongside that, even if something is a "cheap" or "OP" win, I respect their victory. I lost. It is my fault for not using the "OP" tricks myself, so I cannot blame them.

Respect is a given, honor is earned.