PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 - Whats the point of playing combo classes?

YappysDaBeast
02-15-2017, 06:39 PM
So I've noticed no one seems to be playing the classes that require the use of combos to be effective.
The most used key's I'm seeing used is SPACE BAR (Dodge) And heavy and light attacks.

I've yet to see anyone do any combos on the classes list.

Nobushi - Spam light attack and kicks from afar
Beserker - Dodge spam with flurry of the blades combo spam (Left + heavy + left + heavy repeat)
Orocohi - Dodge and side attack spam.
Peacekeeper - Dodge and side attack spam
Warden - 2 side light attacks into shoulder push > repeat.
Lawbringer - Getting wrekt by not being able to engage into proper fights.
Kensi - Dodge into side attack spams
Shugoki - Parry (Heavy attack button to block) into unblockable guardbreak to do that huge knockback skill over and over.
Warlord - Headbutt spam over and over.

So I'm really seeing why is there combos when they are effective at all from the simple playstyles that are at the top of the meta.

Before you say I'm not a noob.
Silver 4 Warden - silver 2 Bererker, Silver 1 peacekeeper/Noubshi/Orochi
And Currently running as a Silver 2 Lawbringer.

I know most of you won't agree with me, but it seems to be the same dodge/parry spams over and over and 0 combos being initiated in fights.

DrExtrem
02-15-2017, 06:45 PM
The simple solutions usually work best, because they have the least room to f*** it up.

The conqueror can be very effective with simple light spam as well.

Side step attacks are even better, because you attack, evade and outmaneuver at the same time - without extra stamina cost.

YappysDaBeast
02-15-2017, 06:52 PM
The simple solutions usually work best, because they have the least room to f*** it up.

The conqueror can be very effective with simple light spam as well.

Side step attacks are even better, because you attack, evade and outmaneuver at the same time - without extra stamina cost.

Not seeing many conq's in live version over beta/alphas...

Funeragon
02-15-2017, 07:01 PM
So I've noticed no one seems to be playing the classes that require the use of combos to be effective.
The most used key's I'm seeing used is SPACE BAR (Dodge) And heavy and light attacks.

I've yet to see anyone do any combos on the classes list.

Nobushi - Spam light attack and kicks from afar
Beserker - Dodge spam with flurry of the blades combo spam (Left + heavy + left + heavy repeat)
Orocohi - Dodge and side attack spam.
Peacekeeper - Dodge and side attack spam
Warden - 2 side light attacks into shoulder push > repeat.
Lawbringer - Getting wrekt by not being able to engage into proper fights.
Kensi - Dodge into side attack spams
Shugoki - Parry (Heavy attack button to block) into unblockable guardbreak to do that huge knockback skill over and over.
Warlord - Headbutt spam over and over.

So I'm really seeing why is there combos when they are effective at all from the simple playstyles that are at the top of the meta.

Before you say I'm not a noob.
Silver 4 Warden - silver 2 Bererker, Silver 1 peacekeeper/Noubshi/Orochi
And Currently running as a Silver 2 Lawbringer.

I know most of you won't agree with me, but it seems to be the same dodge/parry spams over and over and 0 combos being initiated in fights.

You forgot to precise u suck

YappysDaBeast
02-15-2017, 07:03 PM
You forgot to precise u suck

Nice response, i rarely lose 1v1s.
I'm just stating the fact that combo's are useless.

EthosP
02-15-2017, 07:27 PM
Well, when combos can be stopped mid-combo with blocking it kind of defeats the purpose of combos. It only makes you spend more stamina.

That and plenty of classes when they block immediately stop combos, like the Conquerer.

When everything is based around Guard Breaking, only guaranteed hits are going to be valued. Since for the most part you're relying on your opponent to mess up to hit them with anything heavy-hitting.

Funeragon
02-15-2017, 09:33 PM
people who relies on that u said will always lose anyway

Helnekromancer
02-15-2017, 09:47 PM
What are you talking about "light attack and kicks" that's all the Nobushi has, at most you can do a 5 hit combo with but then your drained, and sent of the map. The Nobushi is probably the most combo reliant warrior in the game right now. Her stamina is so bad that you have to ease of using a combo and go in for 2-3 hits and back away. Once you get more stamina regen, and stamina reduction she might be able to do more combos but at the cost of losing overall damage and block damage resistance which is pretty 50/50 but I'm already dying from berserker chip damage so idk it's annoying trying to mid max her.

YappysDaBeast
02-15-2017, 09:53 PM
What are you talking about "light attack and kicks" that's all the Nobushi has, at most you can do a 5 hit combo with but then your drained, and sent of the map. The Nobushi is probably the most combo reliant warrior in the game right now. Her stamina is so bad that you have to ease of using a combo and go in for 2-3 hits and back away. Once you get more stamina regen, and stamina reduction she might be able to do more combos but at the cost of losing overall damage and block damage resistance which is pretty 50/50 but I'm already dying from berserker chip damage so idk it's annoying trying to mid max her.

Have you seen the combo's she can do? Obviously not noob.