PDA

View Full Version : Raider too basic?

JeffOfOverwatch
02-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Title.

I haven't touched him since the first beta, but that was only for a match or two anyway.

https://pvplive.net/c/for-honor-raider-guide-tips-tricks --- makes it seem like the raider is almost strictly tied to the guard break/carry

Is the raider too basic or is there surprising depth to the class?

Haniel_
02-15-2017, 07:13 PM
There are a few classes with an extremely short 'moves' list.. but you can make an argument that, due to the depth of the game, even move-limited heroes have a lot of depth to their skill.

It would be nice if the classes with limited movesets were revisited and given some other interesting combos.

chipk1988
02-15-2017, 07:19 PM
There's depth to the class just as much due to the areas of a map you battle in. Gravity kills, stuns from walls, throws into other players, are excellent for the Raider. A stunning tap to combo chain ending with a R1+R2 for heavy damage is the most desireable combo, but feinting or switching to another stunning tap is in itself deep.

I'm more impressed with the Raider when I'm utilizing the environment far more than the list of combos he has or seems to lack. Just the fact he can do a great forward+x to spook a player seems deep because it's such a non-commital move that gives you control.