PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so many maps where you can fall in duel?

CaptainGelo
02-15-2017, 06:03 PM
I don't mind the one where you can take fire damage and stuff, but falling deaths is such BS and ruins dueling into who can GB better.
BS

JonYurBz
02-15-2017, 06:16 PM
I don't mind the one where you can take fire damage and stuff, but falling deaths is such BS and ruins dueling into who can GB better.
BS

Yep that is how my buddy and I feel at the moment. Pretty much every part on every map has this. It seems ubi didn't think this thru all the way. Why do we even have weapons atm if all you have to do is throw a guy off ledge three times? It seems pretty easy to pull off. Majority of our duels and 2v2 end this way. I guess we blow tho. Kinda lame and not too fun to play. Maybe give us a chance to catch ourselves on the ledge? Change map locals so there is not ALWAYS a ledge to abuse? Or maybe players should learn the move list and use the sweet combat system ubi made instead off playing edge of honor every time.

Killimanjaro007
02-16-2017, 05:36 PM
One way to change it would be to add a sort of counter when falling. Say a Raider is shoulder charging you towards a ledge, add a mechanic or a change where is you press the GB button at the right time when he throws you off his shoulder, you can grab him and pull him down with you.

basic-one
02-16-2017, 05:46 PM
One way to change it would be to add a sort of counter when falling. Say a Raider is shoulder charging you towards a ledge, add a mechanic or a change where is you press the GB button at the right time when he throws you off his shoulder, you can grab him and pull him down with you.

There already is a counter to this. Press GB when they try to GB you.

If you're getting tossed all the time, you're playing predictably. The best defense against pushes is to throw light attacks. It will interrupt the grab, and if they continually try it, quickly deplete their life.

ExSiNz
02-16-2017, 05:55 PM
There already is a counter to this. Press GB when they try to GB you.

If you're getting tossed all the time, you're playing predictably. The best defense against pushes is to throw light attacks. It will interrupt the grab, and if they continually try it, quickly deplete their life.

That. Also if you start on a bridge or what not, just run backward and let them come to you. That usually a ''Safe from throws'' zone. Use your brain and I am sure you will come up with at least 10 other ways to prevent this issue.

scharrk
02-17-2017, 09:33 AM
It would also be a beginninig, if rush attacks like the raider's one couldn't be done completely mindless and he would rush over the edge by himself if he does it.

THEPH0NECOMPANY
02-17-2017, 11:37 AM
I dont like insta-kill deaths and i play vikings, there are just too many of them everywhere, i think there is one map, with no cliffs or spike walls....
It adds nothing to the gameplay, i dont feel good when i kill people with them and i feel bad when i fall for them, basically they detract from the overall gameplay and ruin potentially good fights

VeteranNoob
02-17-2017, 01:00 PM
I don't mind stages that have places where you CAN be thrown off.

My issue is that there are some levels where there is almost no place to position yourself where you can't be thrown off or the places where you can't be thrown off are extremely unfavorable. Some of the maps are just poorly designed for balanced dueling.