PDA

View Full Version : unblockables.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-15-2017, 12:21 PM
I think they ruined the game lawbringer as an example only thing i can think of right now. If he does his guard break unblockables and it hit you he gets free hit while your stunned and can't move he guard breaks you again and hits you by that time your on like two bars.

Warden guard breaks free hit block if you don't move or your stuck in a corner he can do it forever and ever. Personally i don't like unblockables i think it ruin the game a bit i think guard break should take a lot of stam if you miss.

I know all classes have unblockables and guard break i was only using them two as an example so calm your farm, i just think unblockables should be removed from the game and guard break should take a lot of stam if you miss.

Jarnhand
02-15-2017, 12:42 PM
'Unblockables' can be parried. And as far as I can see parry is more dangerous for the one getting parried then block is.
Guardbreaks can be countered instantly, insta-counter guardbreak if timed correctly.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-15-2017, 12:50 PM
'Unblockables' can be parried. And as far as I can see parry is more dangerous for the one getting parried then block is.
Guardbreaks can be countered instantly, insta-counter guardbreak if timed correctly.

I can counter guard breaks sometimes doesn't work, i have never seen a unblockables be parried i'll look into that.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-15-2017, 12:55 PM

I take back what i said about unblockables thank you so much that crazy i watch video on it.

DrExtrem
02-15-2017, 01:08 PM
Some unblockabkes can be parried - but only the ones, where you can se the indicator flash.

Imvho, parrying right now is a double edged sword. IF (and that's a big if) it works, you get a good reward. A free heavy or guard break. However, most of the time it looks like pure luck. I guess it has something to do with lag compensation and skipping frames. Sometimes, the party indicator does not even flash properly - in this case you parry does not work and you are getting punished.
Often, you deal damage to your opponent, because they failed to parry. It does not only happen in multiplayer matches.

This general problem of desynced appearance, makes parrying and counter striking a high risk situation, where blocking and eating the chip dmg, is sometimes wiser, than getting wrecked.

Unblockables lever out this strategy. In those cases, is best to interrupt the unblockable if possible (like the raiders zone attack or the wardens charge), using a fast attack or by dodging. Wardens have a problem here, because their dashing capabilities are .. not the vest.

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-15-2017, 01:12 PM

You can't parry unblocable valkyrie bash, so now noobs spam 1 distance combo with bash (you will knockbacked) - hard attack and repeat for do it again. Game is broken.

New type of valkyrie players with spam knockback-repeat should be nerfed with increased stamina cost for this spam. He used combo, hard attack me twice while i lay down and have 75% stamina left. Yeap fun and interactive.