PDA

View Full Version : Questions of Shugoki

Von-Hiemel
02-15-2017, 12:08 PM
I want to play him so bad because he's just a fat dude with a stick and I love it but he seems to be in a pretty bad spot against a meta of Assassin boredom

The charge is obviously telegraphed and pretty slow, also costs 1/3 of your HP if you miss compared to gaining 1/4 if you hit. Sure you can insta-kill if you're critical but you're far more likely to die than to get the tackle off. It feels like bad design having it cost HP and the 1 shot, while feeling good when you pull it off, also feels cheap. Would rather just not lose HP on a miss.

Hyper armour is nice and all but it's broken and ignored by guard breaks? what gives? Especially when it's commonplace for everyone and I mean -everyone- to spam Guardbreaking.

Taking Bonus damage? Really? You know he is called a Tank in the how to videos right? He dies faster than Peacekeepers and Orochis. Why is this a thing? He's already a slow oaf with attacks being telegraphed like Dark Souls bosses

Not just me is it? Feels like there are far far far too many negatives for the positives of, you might maybe potentially possibly 1 shot someone if you're lucky and you do big damage if they're completely inept and unable to attack?

Just my 2 cents

FTE-Zagwitz
02-15-2017, 03:36 PM
I'd agree with most of this.

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 04:18 PM
this isn't a questions thread. it's a "i've not figured out how to play him yet so I call him bad" thread.
i've seen a handful of very strong shugoki players. he's REALLY good if you learn him.

Altair_Snake
02-15-2017, 04:56 PM
You want his super armor to defend GBs? Wow!

It actually defends some special unblockable moves, including his own Demon's embrace (on mirror match). And you have your passive super armor while attempting a GB, which is very powerful.

The thing that annoys me the most while playing him is that if an assassin is losing the fight, he can just roach around your zone and you can't do much about it. He is a heavy to be played with some company. By himself it's a bit hard to keep people from running around your zone. This makes me wonder if he'd make a good aggro heavy, to contest the enemy zone, with some company.

All in all, I find him good on 1v1, but he feels tactically a bit inferior, because he is not that good against ganks and can't chase roaches on zones. I do love that he is a tank with a longbow, though

And playing with him is super fun because of how people tend to be scared of him. It's so funny. I had dudes running away while I was executing his buddy. He hit me once or twice, buta s that didn't stop the execution, he just bolted.

Von-Hiemel
02-15-2017, 05:50 PM
You want his super armor to defend GBs? Wow!

It actually defends some special unblockable moves, including his own Demon's embrace (on mirror match). And you have your passive super armor while attempting a GB, which is very powerful.

The thing that annoys me the most while playing him is that if an assassin is losing the fight, he can just roach around your zone and you can't do much about it. He is a heavy to be played with some company. By himself it's a bit hard to keep people from running around your zone. This makes me wonder if he'd make a good aggro heavy, to contest the enemy zone, with some company.

All in all, I find him good on 1v1, but he feels tactically a bit inferior, because he is not that good against ganks and can't chase roaches on zones. I do love that he is a tank with a longbow, though

And playing with him is super fun because of how people tend to be scared of him. It's so funny. I had dudes running away while I was executing his buddy. He hit me once or twice, buta s that didn't stop the execution, he just bolted.

The Hyper-Armour is broken by Guardbreaks but it's completely ineffective and given how easy it is to land a guard break it makes the armour never actually come into play unless you're playing against a fresh install

darksavior1977
02-15-2017, 07:42 PM
yep assassins and valkyrie run circles around folks. It makes little sense that they can hop around like they are on crack and sprint everywhere, but the big dudes run outta stamina every time they so much as breathe heavy, let alone fight. In the last several eliminations I have played in, twice I came across teams consisting of only Peacekeepers and Valkyries, and those two and the berserker are represented in every team as well. Something is off about the balance of dodging and assassins. They seem to risk little to run around like lunatics on the map, and dodging oddly seems to allow them to get outta hits even from polearms that swing through them on the left and right sides. I can only imagine its worse with Shukogi. Also, throws seem to be overpowered now, I can only hope they find a balance between making them too powerful and un-counterable as they seem now and useless as they kinda were in closed beta.