PDA

View Full Version : revenge should not be generated from 1v1 fights

YOGZULA
02-15-2017, 11:03 AM
revenge should only start to generate when you are getting attacked from 2 different sources. Defensive play is already rewarding enough. Adding revenge on top of it for blocking is entirely unnecessary.

FailOfHDDVD
02-15-2017, 11:06 AM
agreed, revenge mode needs rework

JarrettG87
02-15-2017, 11:35 AM
Agreed

VTheMan032
02-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Agreed was able to revenge, knock down a PK, and double top heavy her with a warden... she was completely wrecking me. 100%, I got lucky and cheesed her...

SenileGold
02-15-2017, 12:35 PM
I started playing as a Valkyrie and good players can block all my attacks easily so I rely on a combo of many hits just for one RT, these matches are long and hard then i get him to a sliver every-time Revenge.

Ragnar---
02-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Agreed. Considering it is called 'Revenge' it makes zero sense for it to be in 1v1 anyway and that's just from the name. From a balance point of view it's ridiculous.

awolcz
02-15-2017, 01:11 PM
Totally agreed. Revenge should be generated only in case that target was hit from multiple sources. It had happened to me many times that I was fighting that fat Viking with shield, while he was only blocking and being defensive, and when he has like one bar of health left, he got revenge and wiped me. Revenge for what? For being defensive? I like revenge when multiple people are attacking you and I'm kind of happy it now triggers early, but only in 1vMANY situatuions, not in 1v1.

GewaltSam
02-15-2017, 01:16 PM
I don't use Revenge in 1on1, out of principle (not if my enemy plays "clean"). I don't know if it's necessary to balance out classes like warlord (yeh, I know... But he got nerfed) or conqueror who by design get more defense moves and thus more revenge in 1on1 (just a theory, and not even a very good one).

Revenge is good as it is for those fights where you go up against more than one opponent, and I love it for that. But I agree that a 1on1 doesn't seem to need it.

Taxxian
02-15-2017, 02:01 PM
I basically agree but :-)

There is lots of Revenge oriented gear, so we would need to change gear before every duel AND it would make the gear choice obsolete in duells...

Which stat should I sacrifice on my weopon/breastplate/whatever? The one with revenge in it since it does not apply at all...

That would imply a change of the whole gear/stat system...

The_B0G_
02-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Revenge needs to be toned down period. Someone pops revenge and send everyone around to the floor and gets 2 free heavy hits, it's garbage.

Belphegorn
02-15-2017, 03:05 PM
I agree - IMHO 1v1 should generate no revenge.

khromtx
02-15-2017, 03:52 PM
No Revenge: Ubisoft please get rid of it or completely rework it.

Patoson
02-15-2017, 04:01 PM
Revenge was funny the first few hours, then I realised it's silly.

I am used to Mount & Blade: Warband - I screw up my guard in this game because I still have the tendency to move the mouse too much as if I used it to look around - which is quite a realistic game, and I enjoyed the For Honor open beta a damn lot, and then the day of release I start seeing fatality and emote visual effects, the Shugoki, who executes with a belly hit (seriously?),... A bit too many arcade/fantasy features for my taste, but I still love the game.

I think Revenge mode should be completely removed or, like they say, only work when outnumbered.

YOGZULA
02-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Even in 1vX situations it just generates insanely quickly. I like it as a mechanic to discourage ganging up on people in 4v4 modes, but that's really the extent of it. Even then it's starting to feel like it activates way too quickly and just gets boring fast. Though I won't even speak on 4v4 and how revenge works there. I don't think it should be in 2v2 either, but I also won't speak on that. It just has absolutely no place in 1v1 duel mode, and no place in 1v1 encounters in any other mode.

I was doing 2v2 last night against a berserker who somehow got revenge within 20 seconds. He was actually doing more damage to me than I was to him and didnt' even block that much. Then 20 seconds deep he just popped revenge and won. My teammate was already dead to his teammate, so it was just purely ridiculous

Drag0ns1ay3r
02-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Agreed. Revenge has no place in 1v1. Even in 2v2, it shouldn't be allowed to be activated until one player is remaining. But that's another discussion...

No revenge in 1v1. Hear hear.

DasBigHippo
02-15-2017, 08:33 PM
Revenge needs to be toned down period. Someone pops revenge and send everyone around to the floor and gets 2 free heavy hits, it's garbage.

If you are greedy, then yeah it'll ruin you. But if you are actually smart it's not too hard to beat. It's not an OH MY GOD WE LOSE type thing if an enemy gets it. It also doesn't mean you win if you get it.

AkimuMC
02-15-2017, 08:38 PM
I basically agree but :-)

There is lots of Revenge oriented gear, so we would need to change gear before every duel AND it would make the gear choice obsolete in duells...

Which stat should I sacrifice on my weopon/breastplate/whatever? The one with revenge in it since it does not apply at all...

That would imply a change of the whole gear/stat system...

Gear stats are turned off in duel modes... as well as feats, so non issue here. Also, once you hit "prestige" with a character you get 3 pre-set "loadouts" you can customize and select during character select, so that will save you some time customizing for different situations.

I have never gotten revenge 1v1, nor have I noticed any of my opponents get it 1v1... though I guess they could not be using it if they do have it? I cannot say that I pay much attention to the meter though either. I also do not have much +revenge gear on my characters, so maybe that is part of it?

I tend to agree that "revenge" shouldn't come into play in a 1v1, but most of my 1v1 fights are over and done with pretty quick. Is there really that many players gaining enough revenge in 1v1 to use it? In no way am I saying it doesn't happen, but I personally haven't witnessed it or noticed it yet.