PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, deciding between Orochi or Beserker

Sykoink
02-14-2017, 11:08 PM
So i understand these two are the harder ones to master right? I can only afford to buy one of them because i have 600 steel saved up. Is one better than the other at the moment? I like both styles and how they look, so if i could get some opinions on both of them and maybe the differences between the two, that would be appreciated! :cool:

MangoUnclaimed
02-14-2017, 11:26 PM
No. Beserker is hard to master. Orochi is probably the strongest, and definitely the easiest, class in the game just now. Just picking him means your opponent will be constantly on the back foot and constantly under pressure, and the entire flow of the fight will be dictated by your. Orochi decide exactly when the other player can attack and must defend, constantly, with incredible stamina and sky-high damage. And some of the most unpredictable combos in the game.

I vote Beserker, personally, only because the last thing this game needs is any more Orochi.

Sykoink
02-14-2017, 11:34 PM
No. Beserker is hard to master. Orochi is probably the strongest, and definitely the easiest, class in the game just now. Just picking him means your opponent will be constantly on the back foot and constantly under pressure, and the entire flow of the fight will be dictated by your. Orochi decide exactly when the other player can attack and must defend, constantly, with incredible stamina and sky-high damage. And some of the most unpredictable combos in the game.

I vote Beserker, personally, only because the last thing this game needs is any more Orochi.

Sounds good! I'll go for Oro.. i mean Beserker then :o :D

Thanks.

MangoUnclaimed
02-14-2017, 11:42 PM
If I can give some advice, try playing another character up to a good level before going to an Assassin. They're good characters, but they don't teach the fundamentals of the game quite as well as others do due to their reliance on dodge tactics IMO. Picking one up after working on guardbreak counters, parries and blocks with another, heavier class will lead you to be a much better Beserker player.

Or don't. It's a game, do whatever you enjoy :)

eKrub
02-15-2017, 03:27 AM
Beserker until they fix orochi, beserker has a much better set of skills, orochi kinda sucks right now, <<<comming from an orchi primary.

Thazgar
02-15-2017, 03:34 AM
The Orochi is a solid pick. But it seems he falls to a good warden now.
Berserker looks more powerful, but it also depends on your ability to be unpredictable and quick.

nestharus
02-15-2017, 03:44 AM
I would say no to Berserker. They can't even attack atm without giving away a free grab/heavy. They can only defend. There are other characters with more defensive options around.

THEPH0NECOMPANY
02-15-2017, 04:56 AM
I personally enjoy berserker, but you need to be unpreditable and good with reading your opponemt

T_Sesh
02-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Definitely practice with the Vanguard classes first to get the fundamentals down though. A lot of newer players find the assassin classes to be frustrating to play because they are squishy and they haven't learned how to block and parry reliably. Once you have that and counter guardbreaks down, assassins become very powerful, though not, I would say, OP or even very difficult to kill as some might say.

Blankhere
02-15-2017, 03:31 PM
I will teach you how to beat everyone if you pick zerker. We don't need anymore hit and runaway for 2 mins orochi.

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 04:36 PM
Orochi's concept is simple but involves a lot of feints since most of his attacks are up hits. and unlike most characters he doesn't really have many attacks that lead into other attacks for him.

Zerker has a lot to understand and a lot of mix up but the damage potential is insane.

Both are "hard" for different reasons. But orochi is simpler to pick up. mastering him in higher tier fights is where his difficulty comes from. where as zerker is hard from the get go and never gets easier.

I'd recommend orochi.

Wrander
02-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Don't get fooled by the difficulty signs ingame. The meta atm is defense is the best offense. And assassins have in addition to parry the option to dodge and counterattack which is easier and I think safer. Assassins have also fast combos so it's also easier to break through defense if you want to try to play offensiv since its more fun. Assassins just lack of guardbreaks so no guardbreak loops.