PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror changes?

Black_Star300
02-14-2017, 10:25 PM
I've mained the conqueror in the Closed and Open Beta phases and for some reason when I play him now it seems like I can't connect anything. I used to be able to Charge Heavy> Bash>Heavy (repeat). It's hard enough getting one off considering how fast the other classes are and how easy it is to side step, but before that wasn't a problem as all I needed was one connect and I could end the game. Now it seems like my conqueror is doing NOTHING. It seems more often I have to go to his light attack combo with a heavy finish as all I get is GBs and Side steps.

I feel like you've done quite a bit of secret changes since the last beta phase Ubi.

Neco_The_Sergal
02-14-2017, 10:40 PM
What irritates me as a person who mained Conq as well, any shield-bash and upward light-attack to their head? They're always too far away for me to hit them, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong where Warden and other characters can Bash-strike but when I bash them? They're too far away.

FREEDOM from
02-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Yeah they are too far away when you do the shield bash, so you have to run up to them quick and attack or maybe do a running shield charge and knock them down. I havent tried that, but that may work. And yeah some moves are blocked easily cause the conq is slow, and dodged easy, but like OP said, you can light attack combo + the heavy. It just depends who i'm facing, if they are blocking/dodging everything then I try to hit them with guard breaks or running shield charges or things like that, and using a light attack before they can land a heavy attack.

I have a problem with using heavy all the time and running out of stamina, then I just have to block for a while.

dakdurg
02-15-2017, 02:56 PM
I Agree something has changed ive played conqueror as main in the Alpha, Technical and both Betas. In the Alpha and both Beta's he seemed really solid and was able to play him well. In the Technical he just seemed weak and off so I ended up Playing the Lawbringer. In the release I played last night and nothing was working and when I was connecting I didn't seem to be doing as much damage. Think I may end up playing Lawbringer again as the result. Not sure what they have changed but he just seems weak at the moment.

Aarpian2
02-15-2017, 02:59 PM
I've mained the conqueror in the Closed and Open Beta phases and for some reason when I play him now it seems like I can't connect anything. I used to be able to Charge Heavy> Bash>Heavy (repeat). It's hard enough getting one off considering how fast the other classes are and how easy it is to side step, but before that wasn't a problem as all I needed was one connect and I could end the game. Now it seems like my conqueror is doing NOTHING. It seems more often I have to go to his light attack combo with a heavy finish as all I get is GBs and Side steps.

I feel like you've done quite a bit of secret changes since the last beta phase Ubi.

Conq feels exactly the same to me. It was never possible to land a guaranteed heavy off of a shield bash unless your shield bash hit them into a wall.

What irritates me as a person who mained Conq as well, any shield-bash and upward light-attack to their head? They're always too far away for me to hit them, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong where Warden and other characters can Bash-strike but when I bash them? They're too far away.
You can't do it at max range, also side lights have better range, use those instead.

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 03:59 PM
I've seen people doing that example several times from streams yesterday. so it's still plenty possible.