PDA

View Full Version : Valk still good on release?

JeffOfOverwatch
02-14-2017, 09:12 PM
Valkyrie was great in the betas, but i havent touched her yet on release. Is she still good? I saw another post in general discussion saying how she was weak AF now.

Looks like she still has a lot of CC according to this (https://pvplive.net/c/for-honor-valkyrie-guide-tips-tricks)

anyone main her? tipperinos?

trikster77
02-14-2017, 09:18 PM
Her combos are awesome but she lost so much damage in the nerf that she is now a wet noodle with awesome combos.

As far as tips go the best bet is to do a shield charge to knock them down then go up to them and do a guard break to a leg sweep. Do not attempt to use a heavy or light attack after a shield charge as you will be to far away from the opponent to hit them GO STRAIGHT FOR A GB! The only exception to this is the overhead lunge light attack but it hits for near zero damage.

Parry to GB is your friend once you get a leg sweep try to do a heavy if not go for lights. Also the heavy cancel to shield bash is very nice.

Do not bother with the roll block to bleed attack, itis very hard to pull off as the window is near non existent and if you fail your dead instead stick to parry and back dodge to shield charge. Mix up back dodge to shield bash with back dodge to overhead lunge to keep them guessing.

With this char if your hit your dead she is to fragile to stand up to fighting never fight in a brawl HIT and Run is the way to go.

Your heavy attacks are slower than the Raiders they will get canceled with lights USE them only if you can get off the hit.

Juuzaam
02-14-2017, 09:22 PM
:nonchalance: She is way weaker. In general it means she deals less damage, the range feels pretty short and she is slower. Due to this, her CC-tools are not reliable, they can be dodged. I played her for ~4h today and trust me, they will be dodged the whole time. Her other tools, like deflects, bleeds and dodgeattacks are way weaker and harder to connect, compared to the usual suspects in game. Overall she is pretty weak atm. :(

Desperaato
02-14-2017, 09:49 PM
She might be the weakest character in game atm.

CaptainGelo
02-14-2017, 09:59 PM
She might be the weakest character in game atm.
Try lawbringer

Desperaato
02-14-2017, 10:00 PM
lawbringer is like a better raider dode.

trikster77
02-14-2017, 10:00 PM
Try lawbringer

Lawbringer is doing pretty well atm nice char and fun to play.

Valk is by far the weakest atm. If you want to play her stick to dominion and deathmatch modes she can not compete in duels.

Scoregasms2286
02-14-2017, 10:19 PM
:nonchalance: She is way weaker. In general it means she deals less damage, the range feels pretty short and she is slower. Due to this, her CC-tools are not reliable, they can be dodged. I played her for ~4h today and trust me, they will be dodged the whole time. Her other tools, like deflects, bleeds and dodgeattacks are way weaker and harder to connect, compared to the usual suspects in game. Overall she is pretty weak atm. :(

Yup, this ^^^^

She was amazing in the beta, but I have tried to enjoy this new valk, but she is terribly slow, does nothing for damage, and every other hit is blocked or dodge, even your leg sweep. Even her triple light attack is impossible to land on someone who knows the dodge button or how to block....Even in Dominion and Elimination, yea I won...but i didnt kill anyone. Mainly just knocked them down while my team punished them, while my heavy attack hits for like 5....

Fermit_the.Krog
02-14-2017, 10:26 PM
Got her to level 15. I love her, her combos are great, however, she has been nerfed so hard. Deal hardly any damage and going up against an assassin is very hard for a person who needs to be able to counter/grab etc. It can all be easily dodged because she is super slow. Played with her countless times in elimination and it's just impossible to win unless it's pure luck, especially against a good assassin, or even a vanguard character.

Trying the Lawbringer now.

MangoUnclaimed
02-14-2017, 10:43 PM
@Desperaato: You're so wrong I don't even know how to explain it... Lawbringer struggles in almost every way just now, with incredibly low damage, very slow and telegraphed attacks and poorly synergised combos/follow up moves to punish opponents in any way. He's beyond terrible.

Desperaato
02-14-2017, 10:53 PM
@MangoUnclaimed dunno if you play so hi-level that some ex streetfighter pros cant keep up with you, but it seems that lawbringer is fine compared to Raider and Valkyrie.
Atleast lawbringer gets heavies of wall throws and knockdowns, Raider doesent and valk gets 1 bar of damage from those too so....

MangoUnclaimed
02-14-2017, 11:25 PM
I don't disagree that the Valkyrie is a weak class just now. The Lawbringer is definitely weaker, though - the Valk gets fast attacks that do poor damage. The Lawbringer gets very slow attacks that do... well, poor damage. Both need a significant buff, I think, but the Valkyrie is far more usable currently. The Raider I don't really agree on, though. He's slow, but has very high damage potential and some insane disabling moves compared to the others. I think he's viable, though not top-tier.

Eleanor-Ripley
02-15-2017, 12:22 AM
Ive mained valkyrie now for 4 hours and starting to get the hang of her.
Shes not nearly as bad as people claim. She does however require alot of practice and watching her movied over and over is really recommended.
Chaining a trip into every combo seems to work perfectly. Rarely do I see people avoid it and you can followup with dash+light.
Her light attacks dont deal alot of damage except the top light. Her heavies should be used for feinting (she feigns with square) or setting up a trip.

I really like her and with more practise im sure she can be just as good as any other class.

SwiftStriker15
02-15-2017, 12:26 AM
I really hope they buff her damage, i like valk she seems really fun but hard to master (im getting there) but she does no damage, and now the only good game mode for her is the two 4v4 game modes as a support character to knock them down and lets others do the damage. its ridiculous how weak she is damage wise, Ubisoft plz buff her damage

trikster77
02-15-2017, 12:26 AM
Ive mained valkyrie now for 4 hours and starting to get the hang of her.
Shes not nearly as bad as people claim. She does however require alot of practice and watching her movied over and over is really recommended.
Chaining a trip into every combo seems to work perfectly. Rarely do I see people avoid it and you can followup with dash+light.
Her light attacks dont deal alot of damage except the top light. Her heavies should be used for feinting (she feigns with square) or setting up a trip.

I really like her and with more practise im sure she can be just as good as any other class.

Thats the thing she actually cant be as good as the other classes go play duel and find out why. She has awesome combos but with out the damage or speed you will get dodged and blocked from being able to do combos. The leg sweep does not allow you to follow up with enough dps to make it worth while and her bleed is super hard to pull of and it does nothing.

l_Azure_l
02-15-2017, 01:21 AM
She's definitely not that bad but definitely is underpower compare to the others. And mainly I think she just needs a bit adjustment in her move sets and she should be fine. Most her good moves have way too long recovery time. Even her jump attack which is surprisingly long if you miss. Also the same to her dodge attacks which doesn't make sense while others don't suffer the same problem.

spuge1
02-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Dont know what it was before but in releace i tried it. Funny to play but your attacks make 50% less damage what everyone other does. makes him useles when you have to perform 225% to get same results what others do.

Karma_Ghost
02-15-2017, 10:05 AM
Lawbringer's damage is pathetic. I think his side heavy did like 20 something damage.

SpazzMaticuz
02-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Valkyrie was great in the betas, but i havent touched her yet on release. Is she still good? I saw another post in general discussion saying how she was weak AF now.

Looks like she still has a lot of CC according to this (https://pvplive.net/c/for-honor-valkyrie-guide-tips-tricks)

anyone main her? tipperinos?

Spear flip to the ground, nuff said.

Krucifixt
02-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Shes a good CC role but thats about it.. so yeah only useful in the bigger maps, not duels. Her damage is in huge need of a buff, then maybe speed or range, as you cant do the ground combo now. I tend to help my teammates get a lot of kills because I can keep the other classes down for the most part but that doesnt help me on dailies and such lol.. Im only still maining her in hopes they buff her dmg.

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Haven't touched her. But from what I hear from people who stream at top levels (people like truetalent) she's a lot worse now.
Her attacks are slower. she does probably the least amount of damage of any warrior. and some of her CC stuff is easy to dodge and punish.

Her jump attack can be blocked and give the blocker a 100% GB. On. a. block.
her leg sweep is too easy to dodge and leaves her super vulnerable.

About the only good thing going for her is the shield bash that covers distance and her bleed poke. I could be wrong but it seems like her Damage per hit goes up while bleed is active.
Only problem with that though is that means she has to rely on the enemy letting her get a deflect.

Either she needs to hit hard enough to compensate for her extreme vulnerabilities or she needs to be less punishable and quicker overall. I'd say the later based on the kind of gameplay she seems to be designed around.

Frost_Bringer
02-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Sadly, this is exactly how I imagined it. Character(s) being excluded from alphas/betas (mainly to generate curiosity for people to buy the game on release) to get tweaked usually end up 'broken' in some way - be it god-like or garbage. I'm not saying that I'm not going to play Valk, but she's not my top priority as she is now. Which hurt's because she would be my absolute number one!

MG.Mura
02-15-2017, 03:44 PM
I love the character and her skill kit/combos that she can pull off, but it just seems to come back to either stabbing them to death with about 30 light attacks (if you live that long), or getting a chain of heavy's into shield bash's like the conqueror. The damage she deals is just hilariously pathetic. I wonder what makes someone want to nerf a class they've let us try once, that we can't play again until live, into the ground. She's fun, don't get me wrong, but pulling off combo's is only so fun, if you don't kill people when you pull them off, what's the point? Hopefully something changes, but if not I suppose I'll do what I assume everyone who wanted to main her is doing, and playing something else.

Master047
02-15-2017, 05:08 PM
Hi guys, i have got a Valk at level 19, I play her just in duels and I think I won more than 3/4 of my matches.

Main problems are the really low damage output and the fact that their chain attacks are too slow, you totally can't get a single chain to the end cause enemy will block!
Hovewer she really shines in counter attacks and combination of your kit, i think i ve never done a normal light/heavy attack in hours of Valk, here are some tips

-Your Dash+Attack are really good, try to bait with dashes and then hit or just wait the enemy to attack then side dash and light. It's basically an Assassins from this point of view

-(General tip) LEARN TO PARRY, when you got the parry go for GuardBreak! I usually do this combo: Parry - GB - Heavy - Shield Bash - Sweep - Dash+Top Attack, most people don't know that can avoid the Sweep, but if they do that next time after the Shield Bash go for a Dash + Side Attack

-If your enemy goes for an Heavy, you can go for a Shield Tackle while he is doing the animation, you will block and toss him in the ground

-I am learning to deflect, i think is more difficult than the other assassin, for now i am just using it against predicatble moves (for example, Dash+Top Light attack from the Orochi) and i am trying to do that instead of parrying. I know that a parry is safer but i think that know how to mix up parry/deflect can do a lot in your enemy's mind.

-Last but not least, if there are edges near the enemy, use them, Valk's kit is awesome to push people off!

The frustating thing is that against good players, you have to do ALL right, cause if you fail something you will be punished hard, Valk has an Assassin's Health, but half the damage of every assassins (maybe a third of nobushi ;P) so you must have PATIENCE!

That's all for now, not an expert of the game, but if you have question fell free to ask!