PDA

View Full Version : Seriously thinking about a refund

Droodlesaurus
02-14-2017, 08:51 PM
This is an semi angry rant.

I will start by asking: Ubisoft, What the actual F*ck?

I played both the last technical test, closed beta and open beta. The combat was smooth there. Everything was reflex and skill based. There were some connection issues (Duels were fine, dominion was a sh*tstorm). Now with the official release the entire game is broken.

You changed the combat according to all the people who barely touched the game and thus did not understand it. Making it very clunky and sluggish. There is barely any satisfaction in the combat anymore.
The connection issues are even worse than during the beta, like wtf?

Again: YOU CHANGED THE COMBAT AFTER THE OPEN BETA 2 DAYS BEFORE RELEASE?????

If these condition continue i will get a refund and will continue ****posting on the forums about how you f*cked up a great game.

Have a great day,
Nick

k3rr3k
02-14-2017, 08:58 PM
I feel the same way buddy. I was just getting used to all of my favourite classes abilities and dipping into the feint meta and now this.

JeffOfOverwatch
02-14-2017, 09:06 PM
:< gonna try it today.. played both betas. I really hope this is exaggerated.

Pain-Seeker
02-14-2017, 09:10 PM
Not sure who are you playing but i didnt see many changes to combat with orochi , only one that is i need to focus more on double top light attk after storm rush other then that i only noticed change to GB . Parrying and deflecting without problems

Sykoink
02-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Same here man. I've played the Closed and Open Beta constantly and i enjoyed playing the game. I bought the game on day 1 and since i started playing everything about the game felt off. Slower/Sluggish, like you said it just doesn't even feel satisfying. Now also with the stupid sneaky unnecessary Guardbreak change. And i KNOW they ninja nerfed Warlord. There is NO WAY he is the same as in the Open beta.

I'm on the fence wether to keep playing or to bring it back tomorrow :confused:

I made a thread before the release about this exact same thing. Just like Bungie is doing with their game over the years, nerfing everything and breaking the game and i was hoping Ubisoft wouldn't break their own game so soon.

Another thing i don't understand at all is why have people play a closed and then an OPEN beta which makes people decide if they like it and if so, buy the game and then IMMEDIATELY make all these dumb changes so it feels like a different game. This is not what i expected to buy when i played the Beta 2 days before release.

Fermit_the.Krog
02-14-2017, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I agree. The closed beta was amazing. Super smooth. Super fun. They have changed so much stuff now that it feels horrible. Guard break is super glitchy. People doing a jumping lunge jump literally teleporting to your body, including normal attacks. People teleporting to you when you're running away. Eh, we'll see what happens in the future.

default91
02-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Ubisoft is making changes because they were needed badly, but clearly there are some problems with those attempted changes. Hopefully with some more patches it'll get where it is supposed to be.

jaypham21
02-14-2017, 10:38 PM
I don't understand this "game is sluggish now" Can someone make a CBT/ OBT vs Released video comparison or something?

Kattpuzn
02-14-2017, 11:19 PM
The change is:
guard break counter has to be more precisely timed:
- the window where you can counter guard break has been reduced.
- you can only tap once. tap twice and you're screwed.
- tap like in every alpha and beta - you're screwed.

this results in infuriatingingly low skill gameplay, where the guard break counter is now SO HARD compared to actually using the guard break.
the reward for using guard break is too high - and the counter to it is too hard to perform consistently - especially in pressured situations vs more than 1 person.
So basically you can spam guard breaks and throw people off ledges all day, which is what all 4v4 modes feel like now.

I am not saying it wasnt right to change the previous guard break counter - BUT I DO BELIEVE THIS IS A BIT TOO MUCH.
the gameplay has devolved to a guard break spamfest - and it is DEMORALIZING. I actually love the game, but this one simple change makes it so that I am considering quitting, refunding and such. Which is HORRIBLE cause I had so much fun!

Take it from someone who is a true fan, and have played in 2 alphas and 2 betas. I considered myself pretty good at the game, and I would have a lot of fun in the game, playing for hours. I've played for 7 hours today and I can assure you it felt like a different game. sluggish and random is what I'd describe it as. The feelings I have now consists of massive dissapointment, regret and anger.

jaypham21
02-15-2017, 12:03 AM
The change is:
guard break counter has to be more precisely timed:
- the window where you can counter guard break has been reduced.
- you can only tap once. tap twice and you're screwed.
- tap like in every alpha and beta - you're screwed.

I haven't gone home to play yet but i read posts of people saying it's now "easier" to GB counter once you learn the timing because it's later in the GB rather than earlier now. So people with slower reactions can GB once they practice the timing well. Correct me if i'm wrong.

BeScurred
02-15-2017, 12:13 AM
Guard break should be from when the icon pops up to when it disappears, that should be when you can counter guard break. Every time I press guard break during the icon, it doesn't work. That is extremely frustrating.

Stankyfoot
02-15-2017, 12:24 AM
Guard break should be from when the icon pops up to when it disappears, that should be when you can counter guard break. Every time I press guard break during the icon, it doesn't work. That is extremely frustrating.

That is actually ideal. Also, I actually like that they made the timing a bit later but more unforgiving

TheMalakith
02-15-2017, 02:52 AM
Difference is that you now need to press GB the moment he grabs you to counter it instead of when he starts to move towards you. Which feels a bit unnatural.

l_Azure_l
02-15-2017, 02:56 AM
I haven't gone home to play yet but i read posts of people saying it's now "easier" to GB counter once you learn the timing because it's later in the GB rather than earlier now. So people with slower reactions can GB once they practice the timing well. Correct me if i'm wrong.

For me it's way easier. And I think OP has to specific what else makes the game feel sluggish because I don't feel anything at all. And Open Beta doesn't mean they will make some change with the release version? I wish I can understand those who feels off about the GB right now but for me it's the same or even easier.

TeoHTime
02-15-2017, 03:25 AM
I hear that Onyxia deep-breaths more this patch too.

T_Sesh
02-15-2017, 03:05 PM

That would be far too big of a window. Really good players are already able to counter GB 99% of the time, even with the new timing. The new counter GB timing means you need to counter it as soon as you are actually grabbed. Listen for the sound of you being grabbed, and counter GB as soon as you hear it. This timing is later than it was before, meaning you have more time to react, but is also more precise, as you can no longer spam the button to counter as you could in the betas.

Solidwolf1
02-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Day two of launch and expecting the game to be fully balanced.... seriously what game got balanced after 2 days?

And don't come with the beta stuff, this is alot more players to balance for

No game is perfect from start

Nestalim
02-15-2017, 03:31 PM
All the complain about GB are really weird.

For sure you lost the timing because he changed from OPB. And ?

The old timing was really bad. You could simply focus on your opponent body and just counterplay the icon that will spawn, it was so simple to counter GB because it didn't rely on feint or animation, just wait for the icon to pop - press button.

It was unatural, any VS Fightning game need you to wait to be throw to tech throw, not the opposite.

The game was in a bad shape, you could play the wait and see aka Standstill Meta, where you just look your opponent in his eyes until somewhat attack. Now, Parry are harder to land, Tech Throwing needs good timings.

Game is good, L2P.